• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

I so hope Monday's comic is about Roy finally coming back.

We'll definitely get a comic about it eventually, but I hope she doesn't show him unconditional sympathy. It'd ruin his character if his return didn't come with some sort of cruel twist attached.

For Capcpom:

NES Generation = Megaman
SNES Generation = Ryu
N64 Generation = lolthirdpartysupport

And finally...

GC Generation = Leon S. Kennedy

Git er dun sakurai

Leon could technically count as a N64 representative as well - though if his depiction were to draw more from RE2, not having a Claire alt would be unforgivable.

PSqueak

Banned
Imagine if Nintendo vs. Capcom is announced and it uses the same art design as the Smash character models, or uses the same models.

eqGABg-tim-amp-eric-mind-blown-gif-re-TROm.gif

If NVC happens im expecting an HD version of the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom style.

What im personally expecting regarding this hypothetical game.

Smash trailer opens with Mario and megaman in a regular match, mario is beating megaman and suddenly the screen pauses

"Here comes a new challenger" text and jingle from SF2, street fighter 2 theme starts to play.

"Ryu rises up to the challenge!"

Play rest of the trailer, at the end you see mario being thrown down to the ground by ryu a bit beaten, as he steps up Link and captain falcon step in behind him, camera switches to Ryu, Viewtiful joe and Zero step behind Ryu, screen goes to black "Nintendo" appears, then "capcom", then "Present", and boom, trailer for Nintendo vs Capcom.

Sush, let me dream!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Everybody has been talking about Ryu being pretty much confirmed for a long time, but I wonder, what is the story behind that? When was it leaked and how?

People still bitching about more sword users like swords are so outlandish lol. Love it. I hope they give Ryu a sword just to watch you people complain.

Griss

People liked him in melee, you don't really need another reason

I realise that - hell, I liked him in Melee, I played Roy to my little brother's Marth (tried to give him an advantage to even things up) but a newcomer would generate way more hype and be time better spent imo.

Puruzi

Banned
If NVC happens im expecting an HD version of the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom style.

What im personally expecting regarding this hypothetical game.

Smash trailer opens with Mario and megaman in a regular match, mario is beating megaman and suddenly the screen pauses

"Here comes a new challenger" text and jingle from SF2, street fighter 2 theme starts to play.

"Ryu rises up to the challenge!"

Play rest of the trailer, at the end you see mario being thrown down to the ground by ryu a bit beaten, as he steps up Link and captain falcon step in behind him, camera switches to Ryu, Viewtiful joe and Zero step behind Ryu, screen goes to black "Nintendo" appears, then "capcom", then "Present", and boom, trailer for Nintendo vs Capcom.

Sush, let me dream!
Would genuinely have me screeching like a schoolgirl

L95

People still bitching about more sword users like swords are so outlandish lol. Love it. I hope they give Ryu a sword just to watch you people complain.

As a huge Fire Emblem fan, I want something other than swords FE has more weapons than swords ;-;

I mean, even Aqua from if would be cool, she uses lances.

At least we finally got a magic user.

Kevinroc

For Capcpom:

NES Generation = Megaman
SNES Generation = Ryu
N64 Generation = lolthirdpartysupport

And finally...

GC Generation = Leon S. Kennedy

Git er dun sakurai

Mega Man Volnutt could represent Capcom on the N64. It doesn't matter that he's also a part of Mega Man's Final Smash!

(And Zack & Wiki to represent Capcom games on the Wii! I don't care that only five other people bought it! I loved that game!)

Real Hero

I realise that - hell, I liked him in Melee, I played Roy to my little brother's Marth (tried to give him an advantage to even things up) but a newcomer would generate way more hype and be time better spent imo.

That's why they will show him with Ryu, a complete newcomer

ffdgh

Fanservice. Plus we got ryu and he definetly won't be the last newcomer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Relooking at the VF & Tekken costumes, I'm kind of surprised we didn't get costumes from SF. Like, Ryu, Ken, &/or Chun-Li could've worked for Brawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom