Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Greece
If Lucas and co. are indeed all coming tomorrow, I wonder if they'll announce anything else. I mean, sure it's nice to see so 2 unannounced characters getting released just after their announcements, but I'd like to see more "food" for discussion.

Apr 17, 2011
You know what...

I'm sure Nintendo planned all of this...

And then the digital event will happen and Sakurai will talk about the leak, following by ''...but there's one thing you may not know...''

''Exclamation mark''

*Smash trailer for Snake begins*

Hype ensues.

Sep 11, 2009
Sakurai and Co. have been at least working on

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu

since I'm guessing November.

So if my original thought of ONLY 5 DLC characters is true, I'm thinking Wolf should be the last one.

2 Melee Vets, 2 Brawl Vets, 1 Newcomer.

Aug 29, 2009
Not GAF, lol
I really doubt they'll release 3 characters in one day.

And I'll be interested in seeing how Roy works. Just another Marth clone would be beyond stupid.
Roy has his hilt tipper based on his video. The particles show the base of his slash being brighter than the tip.

He has a unique neutral special. He kept his Melee special, and since Marth's changed, Roy's is now unique to him.

From what we've seen, his attacks have new animations. His forward Smash is now taken from his GBA sprite, and isn't cloned from Marth. His up special he stabs with with sword pointed down, way different from Marth.

His Final Smash is critical hit, but is has a different animation, particles and health bar sprite, from what we can see from the trophy.

He seems to be like Falco. Still kind of a clone, but with a lot of new things that make him unique. He's been "Brawlified" like the other Melee clones that were in Brawl were.

Jan 31, 2014
You know what...

I'm sure Nintendo planned all of this...

And then the digital event will happen and Sakurai will talk about the leak, following by ''...but there's one thing you may know know...''

''Exclamation mark''

*Smash trailer for Snake begins*

Hype ensues.
"And this version of Super Smash Bros Featuring Snake will be available to play exclusively in slot machines all over Japan!"

Vire

DancingJesus
Aug 16, 2009
Jesus.. people no need to get in a tizzy. I don't follow the ins and outs of Smash on a hardcore level, I just remember hearing when people said they wanted Mewtwo (this was before he came out), that you already had Lucario and the Mewtwo fans were just being babies.

Jun 5, 2011
Roy has his hilt tipper based on his video. The particles show the base of his slash being brighter than the tip.

He has a unique neutral special. He kept his Melee special, and since Marth's changed, Roy's is now unique to him.

From what we've seen, his attacks have new animations. His forward Smash is now taken from his GBA sprite, and isn't cloned from Marth. His up special he stabs with with sword pointed down, way different from Marth.

His Final Smash is critical hit, but is has a different animation, particles and health bar sprite, from what we can see from the trophy.

He seems to be like Falco. Still kind of a clone, but with a lot of new things that make him unique. He's been "Brawlified" like the other Melee clones that were in Brawl were.
I can live with that. Still, Ryu and Lucas take priority.

Apr 7, 2013
Y'know what? I'm glad this leak happened for one reason. Because it likely won't happen again.

I'd rather have Ryu/Roy leaked when we already knew they were coming than a potential complete surprise DLC character somewhere down the line. Similarly, I don't think we'll see leftover data for future DLC ever left in the game again, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

Jan 31, 2014

What do you mean about his up special? In the special moves pictures it looks the same as Marth, unless I'm misremembering.

Y'know what? I'm glad this leak happened for one reason. Because it likely won't happen again.

I'd rather have Ryu/Roy leaked when we already knew they were coming than a potential complete surprise DLC character somewhere down the line. Similarly, I don't think we'll see leftover data for future DLC ever left in the game again, which is undoubtedly a good thing.
Doubt it. This is the second time Ryu and Roy have been leaked in this way.

Aug 26, 2010
Ryu is a great addition, and it's great that Roy comes back. Between 8-player, GC controller support, online that (mostly) works and a massive roster, this is by far my favourite Smash Bros of all time. It's not even close.

I don't understand why people complain. There's clearly no set character limit, and there's no reason to think that Roy or Ryu stands in the way of more characters. Some say Ryu doesn't fit in Smash Bros, he's a lot more fitting than Snake
or even Sonic, who's just an embarrasing reminder of Sega's demise

Sep 30, 2013
butt
Sakurai and Co. have been at least working on

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu

since I'm guessing November.

So if my original thought of ONLY 5 DLC characters is true, I'm thinking Wolf should be the last one.

2 Melee Vets, 2 Brawl Vets, 1 Newcomer.
There's no way in hell there's only five, the character ballot hasn't even ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.