• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait, Wii-U version is getting Miiverse, Dreamland 64, and Ryu's stage in the update right?

Is the 3DS version only receiving Dreamland? That'd be very disappointing, hopefully there's a SF2 stage coming there too.

Miiverse is Wii U-exclusive, but Dream Land 64 and Ryu's stage are coming to both versions of Smash.

EDIT: Hadouken'd.

So wait, Wii-U version is getting Miiverse, Dreamland 64, and Ryu's stage in the update right?

Is the 3DS version only receiving Dreamland? That'd be very disappointing, hopefully there's a SF2 stage coming there too.

If we're getting Ryu's stage, I'd imagine we're getting Ryu and Roy as well. We don't really know what's coming outside of Lucas and Miiverse I believe.

I'd imagine the SF2 stage will be on both platforms.

Did a lot of people just sign up for GAF solely to complain about Ryu being in Smash? On the same day Roy was revealed for Smash?

All I know is that the saltiness is at an all time high, and I love it.

At this point I wish someone more ridiculous from SF got in just for the shitstorm. Let's have some Deejay!

No idea why people get so butthurt about characters.

Because it's not niche character #173738

L95

I'm kinda baffled. I don't love Roy as a FE character, he's a pretty boring lord, but I am happy to see him in smash. I was expecting way more salt over Roy than Ryu...

Kriken

Something something he took our slots.

hqdefault.jpg

THEY TOOK ER SLERTS!

Kind of was hoping for Ken or Akuma alts, but that would take a lot of work for a DLC character. Can't wait for the direct for more gameplay, and more possible tournament legal stages too is a great thing!

Kyzer

Banned
Ugh. Ryu? Why? Nobody gives a shit about fighting games and his moves aren't realistic. I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't spend their time working on real characters, fan favorites, like that one guy from paper mario, or Geno from Mario rpg

Game Guru

This part especially, it's a game where Mario punches Link while Samus shoot Pikachu, there should not be a "Well character X doesn't fit"

I don't see how anyone can say Ryu doesn't fit in Smash when he's fought against guys like Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, and Arthur from Ghosts 'N Goblins. And that was the most recent Marvel Vs. Capcom game!

Thanks for this list - I didn't know there were this many unused songs! I'm definitely getting more hopeful that the Rhythm Heaven songs aren't for Miiverse and may very well be pointing toward upcoming RH content. :)

Please please please let that be the case. :(
Part of me still thinks the missing Brawl songs from Pictochat could make a home on Miiverse, but since they're not in the game code I don't see that as likely.

Kind of was hoping for Ken or Akuma alts, but that would take a lot of work for a DLC character. Can't wait for the direct for more gameplay, and more possible tournament legal stages too is a great thing!

The thing they haven't told us about the SF2 stage is that it automatically changes the game to Stamina mode, and every once in a while exploding cars and barrels rain down from the sky. At least there's Omega mode!

Junahu

If Roy's Neutral B is just a fiery version of Marth's shield breaker, I'm going to flip a table. That crazy, explosive, overhead slash was just the best.

5 Fire Emblem sword fighters (one having magic specials) feels excessive though. Do they just not know how to implement Axes or Lances on a mechanical level, or do they not think the visual language of these weapons belong with heroic characters?

Part of me still thinks the missing Brawl songs from Pictochat could make a home on Miiverse, but since they're not in the game code I don't see that as likely.

COW RACES

But it doesn't seem likely, as it's not in the files at all.

If Roy's Neutral B is just a fiery version of Marth's shield breaker, I'm going to flip a table. That crazy, explosive, overhead slash was just the best.

5 Fire Emblem sword fighters (one having magic specials) feels excessive though. Do they just not know how to implement Axes or Lances on a mechanical level, or do they think the visual language of these weapons doesn't belong with heroic characters?

Overhead slash is as it was in Melee.

Ugh. Ryu? Why? Nobody gives a shit about fighting games and his moves aren't realistic. I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't spend their time working on real characters, fan favorites, like that one guy from paper mario, or Geno from Mario rpg

Who wants Ryu? This isn't Klonoa, Goku, Kamina, Luffy, Naruto or Chris Pratt

Kyzer

Banned

5 Fire Emblem sword fighters (one having magic specials) feels excessive though. Do they just not know how to implement Axes or Lances on a mechanical level, or do they think the visual language of these weapons doesn't belong with heroic characters?

They just always make the main characters swordies

Hatchtag

Banned

5 Fire Emblem sword fighters (one having magic specials) feels excessive though. Do they just not know how to implement Axes or Lances on a mechanical level, or do they not think the visual language of these weapons belong with heroic characters?

They use swords on the boxart, plus two of them are quickly made clones, so swapping them to using lances/axes would take significantly more effort than they intend to use on them.

I just believe no none-swordsman fire emblem character is popular enough to be put in.

Also Roy is a veteran from melee so his inclusion makes alot of sense and apart from gaf it seems he is a pretty loved character.

ChrisD

Or TRUE fan favorite, Mallow. Nintendo doesn't understand their fan base at all. :/

Roy! Yes! Roy amiibo! No!

I really don't understand this post..........you do realize that you are talking about Smash Bros where realism is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom