Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2015
So many people getting salty about Ryu. I hope they all realize just how great Ryu could be from a pure game play diversity perspective. Maybe he can cancel moves or do EXs. That makes me so hyped!

Roy can I could do without. At least his animations look changed, but if all his moves are still basically the same as Melee that's a bummer.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jul 1, 2008
Philippines
Oh yeah, Focus Attack has that "take temporary damage that will recover eventually" shtick, I wonder how Smash will apply that.

Man, get Sonic off of there. He can be the incomplete Sitting Bull statue mountain of gaming.

Anyone else think Sonic doesn't look like the rest of those characters? His legs are too long!
Isn't the sitting bull statue considered racist even?

Jan 6, 2010
Woooow how the fuck did this get leaked!

Awesome to have the confirmation that Ryu is in. Roy... Not so much... Hahahaha

And what's with the squid girl model?

Jan 31, 2014
Oh yeah, Focus Attack has that "take temporary damage that will recover eventually" shtick, I wonder how Smash will apply that.

Isn't the sitting bull statue considered racist even?
Yup. Forever unfinished, offensive to everyone, and a giant waste of money and talent.
Soooo...

Woooow how the fuck did this get leaked!

Awesome to have the confirmation that Ryu is in. Roy... Not so much... Hahahaha

And what's with the squid girl model?
It's a trophy.

Mar 16, 2014
Georgia
www.neogaf.com
Fuck off, I'm stoked for Ryu.
I put it in quotes bc I didn't mean to imply everyone with a ninty avvy is cut from that cloth. it's a figurative term which means 'those who diefy nintendo' to me, and the majority of those people rocxk ninty avvys. To the point where if that's what I see populating any given page I can totally guess the tone things will take

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Sep 30, 2004
Georgia
baconmcshig.tumblr.com
If Roy's Neutral B is just a fiery version of Marth's shield breaker, I'm going to flip a table. That crazy, explosive, overhead slash was just the best.

5 Fire Emblem sword fighters (one having magic specials) feels excessive though. Do they just not know how to implement Axes or Lances on a mechanical level, or do they not think the visual language of these weapons belong with heroic characters?
Would have been nice if they went with Lyn. Still a sword fighter, but with a bit more agile style, more akin to a fencer. Bonus points for not having a cape.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oct 14, 2012
za warudo
creditconcerto.blogspot.com
By the way, just like Mewtwo was in his Melee pose

Dat appeal to melee nostalgia.
He really does look quite a bit older.

His new design is very good. I wonder if they took inspiration from his Awakening redesign.

Dec 7, 2013
Oh my god I had a dream that this shit leaked before the smash direct

Wake up and it happened

I'm going to dream about Diddy King racing 2 now brb
Too late, "Fucking" Donkey Kong Country: Diddy Kong's Return Quest by Retro will be the game

The smash fanbase is terrible lol
You just jelly that Miku will never taint this series

Vire

DancingJesus
Aug 16, 2009
I don't understand why they keep picking slight variations/clones for DLC characters.

Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy are not interesting to me in the least.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jul 1, 2008
Philippines
it ain't the Smash fanbase, its the 'nintendo avatars'. as usual. the people who diefy Nintendo.
You haven't seen Smash fanbase. Oh no, you haven't sir!

Oh my god I had a dream that this shit leaked before the smash direct

Wake up and it happened

I'm going to dream about Diddy King racing 2 now brb
I swear this is a plot from a movie

Nov 15, 2014
I really doubt they'll release 3 characters in one day.

And I'll be interested in seeing how Roy works. Just another Marth clone would be beyond stupid.
I wouldn't expect much aside from a few buffs. Probably has the same tipper and probably has the same specials. Wonder if they'll try to differentiate his neutral B from Ike's.

Status
Not open for further replies.