• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

Is Ryu coming tomorrow?

Well, this stuff is in the patch that's going to drop tomorrow so... it seems likely.

Unless they intentionally stagger the release of Roy and Ryu -- one of them this week and then the other the following week. But I doubt it, they're all probably coming tomorrow.

DrArchon

So many people getting salty about Ryu. I hope they all realize just how great Ryu could be from a pure game play diversity perspective. Maybe he can cancel moves or do EXs. That makes me so hyped!

Roy can I could do without. At least his animations look changed, but if all his moves are still basically the same as Melee that's a bummer.

Kebiinu

Banned
Excited for Ryu, I can't wait to see how he really plays.

Meanwhile my friend is skeptical because Roys victory video has him turning Falco into chicken, lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah, Focus Attack has that "take temporary damage that will recover eventually" shtick, I wonder how Smash will apply that.

Man, get Sonic off of there. He can be the incomplete Sitting Bull statue mountain of gaming.

Anyone else think Sonic doesn't look like the rest of those characters? His legs are too long!

Isn't the sitting bull statue considered racist even?

FSLink

Banned
It'll be interesting to see if FADC is a thing too.

Also called his moveset! FUCKING CALLED IT, even Focus as downB

But...to be fair it was pretty obvious. Kirby saying Hadoken is the cutest thing.

Boney

Banned
Woooow how the fuck did this get leaked!

Awesome to have the confirmation that Ryu is in. Roy... Not so much... Hahahaha

And what's with the squid girl model?

Oh yeah, Focus Attack has that "take temporary damage that will recover eventually" shtick, I wonder how Smash will apply that.

Isn't the sitting bull statue considered racist even?

Yup. Forever unfinished, offensive to everyone, and a giant waste of money and talent.
Soooo...

Woooow how the fuck did this get leaked!

Awesome to have the confirmation that Ryu is in. Roy... Not so much... Hahahaha

And what's with the squid girl model?
It's a trophy.

By the way, just like Mewtwo was in his Melee pose
Roymeleeclear.png

njBj55x.png

Dat appeal to melee nostalgia.

Anth0ny

Oh my god I had a dream that this shit leaked before the smash direct

Wake up and it happened

I'm going to dream about Diddy Kong racing 2 now brb

Fuck off, I'm stoked for Ryu.
I put it in quotes bc I didn't mean to imply everyone with a ninty avvy is cut from that cloth. it's a figurative term which means 'those who diefy nintendo' to me, and the majority of those people rocxk ninty avvys. To the point where if that's what I see populating any given page I can totally guess the tone things will take

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
If Roy's Neutral B is just a fiery version of Marth's shield breaker, I'm going to flip a table. That crazy, explosive, overhead slash was just the best.

5 Fire Emblem sword fighters (one having magic specials) feels excessive though. Do they just not know how to implement Axes or Lances on a mechanical level, or do they not think the visual language of these weapons belong with heroic characters?
Would have been nice if they went with Lyn. Still a sword fighter, but with a bit more agile style, more akin to a fencer. Bonus points for not having a cape.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
By the way, just like Mewtwo was in his Melee pose
Roymeleeclear.png

njBj55x.png

Dat appeal to melee nostalgia.
He really does look quite a bit older.

His new design is very good. I wonder if they took inspiration from his Awakening redesign.

CronoShot

I really doubt they'll release 3 characters in one day.

And I'll be interested in seeing how Roy works. Just another Marth clone would be beyond stupid.

Vire

I don't understand why they keep picking slight variations/clones for DLC characters.

Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy are not interesting to me in the least.

fhqwhgads

I really doubt they'll release 3 characters in one day.

And I'll be interested in seeing how Roy works. Just another Marth clone would be beyond stupid.
I wouldn't expect much aside from a few buffs. Probably has the same tipper and probably has the same specials. Wonder if they'll try to differentiate his neutral B from Ike's.

Mt. Rushmore is only 4 heads. And Smash already has them all.

ssb21new-747x309.jpg

Ryu is far more relevant than mega man, and arguably more so than Sonic as well. I don't think you understand how significant and impactfull SFII was. It created a genre and defined an entire generation. MM is just a platformer in an era that was saturated with platformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom