• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

If Lucas and co. are indeed all coming tomorrow, I wonder if they'll announce anything else. I mean, sure it's nice to see so 2 unannounced characters getting released just after their announcements, but I'd like to see more "food" for discussion.

MegaPanda

Roy's side B better be a fireball or something. The Sword of Seals had a ranged attack in FE6 so I really hope they incorporate that to differentiate him more from Marth/Lucina

Seik

Banned
You know what...

I'm sure Nintendo planned all of this...

And then the digital event will happen and Sakurai will talk about the leak, following by ''...but there's one thing you may not know...''

''Exclamation mark''

*Smash trailer for Snake begins*

Hype ensues.

Revven

Lucario no?

Nope, completely original move set. Shadow Ball is not the exact same as Aura Sphere (and that's the only move that's remotely similar). Has completely original Smash Attacks, Tilts, and aerials. Nothing is borrowed straight from Lucario.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I hate Ryu's English voice. Wish there was a way to change it. :/
Roy's side B better be a fireball or something. The Sword of Seals had a ranged attack in FE6 so I really hope they incorporate that to differentiate him more from Marth/Lucina
They already confirmed it's the Dancing Blade.

J@hranimo

Banned
Sakurai and Co. have been at least working on

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu

since I'm guessing November.

So if my original thought of ONLY 5 DLC characters is true, I'm thinking Wolf should be the last one.

2 Melee Vets, 2 Brawl Vets, 1 Newcomer.

I really doubt they'll release 3 characters in one day.

And I'll be interested in seeing how Roy works. Just another Marth clone would be beyond stupid.

Roy has his hilt tipper based on his video. The particles show the base of his slash being brighter than the tip.

He has a unique neutral special. He kept his Melee special, and since Marth's changed, Roy's is now unique to him.

From what we've seen, his attacks have new animations. His forward Smash is now taken from his GBA sprite, and isn't cloned from Marth. His up special he stabs with with sword pointed down, way different from Marth.

His Final Smash is critical hit, but is has a different animation, particles and health bar sprite, from what we can see from the trophy.

He seems to be like Falco. Still kind of a clone, but with a lot of new things that make him unique. He's been "Brawlified" like the other Melee clones that were in Brawl were.

You know what...

I'm sure Nintendo planned all of this...

And then the digital event will happen and Sakurai will talk about the leak, following by ''...but there's one thing you may know know...''

''Exclamation mark''

*Smash trailer for Snake begins*

Hype ensues.

"And this version of Super Smash Bros Featuring Snake will be available to play exclusively in slot machines all over Japan!"

Sesha

Imagine if Nintendo vs. Capcom is announced and it uses the same art design as the Smash character models, or uses the same models.

eqGABg-tim-amp-eric-mind-blown-gif-re-TROm.gif

Ugh. Ryu? Why? Nobody gives a shit about fighting games and his moves aren't realistic. I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't spend their time working on real characters, fan favorites, like that one guy from paper mario, or Geno from Mario rpg

I almost fell for this. Well done!

Vire

Jesus.. people no need to get in a tizzy. I don't follow the ins and outs of Smash on a hardcore level, I just remember hearing when people said they wanted Mewtwo (this was before he came out), that you already had Lucario and the Mewtwo fans were just being babies.

Roy has his hilt tipper based on his video. The particles show the base of his slash being brighter than the tip.

He has a unique neutral special. He kept his Melee special, and since Marth's changed, Roy's is now unique to him.

From what we've seen, his attacks have new animations. His forward Smash is now taken from his GBA sprite, and isn't cloned from Marth. His up special he stabs with with sword pointed down, way different from Marth.

His Final Smash is critical hit, but is has a different animation, particles and health bar sprite, from what we can see from the trophy.

He seems to be like Falco. Still kind of a clone, but with a lot of new things that make him unique. He's been "Brawlified" like the other Melee clones that were in Brawl were.
I can live with that. Still, Ryu and Lucas take priority.

Y'know what? I'm glad this leak happened for one reason. Because it likely won't happen again.

I'd rather have Ryu/Roy leaked when we already knew they were coming than a potential complete surprise DLC character somewhere down the line. Similarly, I don't think we'll see leftover data for future DLC ever left in the game again, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

What do you mean about his up special? In the special moves pictures it looks the same as Marth, unless I'm misremembering.

Y'know what? I'm glad this leak happened for one reason. Because it likely won't happen again.

I'd rather have Ryu/Roy leaked when we already knew they were coming than a potential complete surprise DLC character somewhere down the line. Similarly, I don't think we'll see leftover data for future DLC ever left in the game again, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

Doubt it. This is the second time Ryu and Roy have been leaked in this way.

Tokieda

Ryu is a great addition, and it's great that Roy comes back. Between 8-player, GC controller support, online that (mostly) works and a massive roster, this is by far my favourite Smash Bros of all time. It's not even close.

I don't understand why people complain. There's clearly no set character limit, and there's no reason to think that Roy or Ryu stands in the way of more characters. Some say Ryu doesn't fit in Smash Bros, he's a lot more fitting than Snake
or even Sonic, who's just an embarrasing reminder of Sega's demise

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu

So if my original thought of ONLY 5 DLC characters is true, I'm thinking Wolf should be the last one.

And that would be PATHETIC. I won't hold my breath with the fan vote, probably rigged anyway.

Kevinroc

And Cloud, he's like the main RPG guy.

And since Cloud appears in some of the Kingdom Hearts spin-offs for the GBA and DS, as well as the Theatrhythm games, he could be put in without technically violating the "must have appeared on a Nintendo platform" rule.

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu

Please, no Wolf. Falco and Fox is enough. Let's get some more newcomer goodness

Exotoro

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu

There's no way in hell there's only five, the character ballot hasn't even ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom