• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for emergency meeting

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11850043

Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for emergency meeting

Speculation amongst Buckingham Palace staff is reportedly rampant after the Queen's most senior aides called her entire household to an emergency meeting later today.

Servants from royal residences across the country have been ordered to London and will be addressed this evening (NZ time) by the Lord Chamberlain, the most senior officer of the Royal Household, as well as Her Majesty's right-hand man, Private Secretary Sir Christopher Geidt, the Daily Mail says.

Even her longest-serving staff were left in the dark about why the meeting was being called but multiple sources said it was "highly unusual" and had sparked fevered talk about an imminent announcement concerning the monarch or her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, according to the Daily Mail report.

Although it is coming from the Daily Mail.

Also: https://twitter.com/PhilipPorado/status/859955090320486400 (a tweet saying Prince Philip had died, now deleted)

Kurdel

Banned
I just hope we will shift away from the monarch's face on our money, because the last thing I want is a King Charles loony.

Spaghetti

Holy shit.

Don't particularly care about the Royals but fucking hell what a time to drop dead if Philip decided to pop his clogs.

Would feel weird to lose her. She's been there all my freaking life. Money, stamps, a trillion products for some reason...hope she's ok. Philip too.

I just hope we will shift away from the monarch's face on our money, because the last thing I want is a King Charles loony.

Never would the name be more appropriate though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm just starting to see stuff light up on twitter.

Careful with that, lot of shit gets thrown around in situations like this. If you can't source it, it's probably not true. Just an FYI so you don't wind up worrying about something in the future when Trump starts a war.

Media

Need BritGaf to chime in here asap. Particularly London Gaf

Edit: at this point there were Twitter rumors flags were at half last, which were obviously wrong.

Lo-Volt

But no one's really awake there. That's probably why this is showing up on social and news sites in Australia and New Zealand, and on Twitter. Which is basically a game of telephone.

Also, is a royal death really the kind of thing to leak? Somehow I don't expect that of the court. Maybe a senior courtier is leaving and that requires an all-staff announcement. It's a little knee-jerk to assume someone passed, though let's see how well this post holds up in the next six hours!

It's nearly 5 am but I'll just head over and have a word with the Queen over a cuppa. I'll update when I know whats up.

Update: Oh dear I've been arrested. Looks like Australia for me, chums.

Top Bottom