• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for emergency meeting

I'm guessing she will step down

YSkNTAx.gif

Hopeford

If the Queen is dead, that's going to be a weird feeling. I know royalty doesn't mean much nowadays, but I remember swearing loyalty to the Queen when I became a Canadian citizen. I know that sounds silly, but that somewhat archaic moment meant a lot to me in terms of actually feeling Canadian. Knowing that the person I pledged that oath to is dead is going to feel...a little empty if that makes sense.

Man.

EDIT: Oh good, just saw the update.

Boogie9IGN

She can do that?

Edward VIII abdicated in the 1930s iirc, she should be able to step down I think?

For the new page:
Update

'You could safely assume the Queen and Prince Philip are not dead', Buckingham Palace says amid reports of 'emergency meeting'
7 min ago
Buckingham Palace has told 1 NEWS an emergency meeting of the Queen's entire household reportedly called for tonight is not to announce the death of either Her Majesty or her husband, Prince Philip

EDIT: Another Update
4 minutes ago

Buckingham Palace has confirmed to Newshub that neither the Queen nor Prince Philip have died.

A palace official says as far as he's aware both are alive and well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Maybe she's abdicating! End this dumb Disney-world-worthy charade.

Maybe they uncovered a Romish plot?

A plan to put Prince Welder the 4th of Buffane on the throne, thus ending the 500 feud with Rome.

So UKGAF, how will a royal death affect your election? Will the politicians cease campaigning out of respect, or will they use the death to stir up some nationalistic Britannia rule the waves fervor against the tyrannical EU?

Disxo

So UKGAF, how will a royal death affect your election? Will the politicians cease campaigning out of respect, or will they use the death to stir up some nationalistic Britannia rule the waves fervor against the tyrannical EU?
They are not dead

Pluto

No one is allowed to be above the sovereign in rank. If he were a king, he'd be above her, so he has the title of Prince instead. Conversely, if he were king, she could still be called the queen consort.
She could have named him king consort when she became queen, that would not have put him above her, they just chose not to do it because people are uninformed and would assume a king consort outranks a queen regnant.

Uhyve

Since it seems that a death is probably off the cards, I'm gonna go with Prince Harry proposing to his american girlfriend. It's totally the sort of thing that the royals would consider an "emergency".

Chris R

Abdicating would make sense.

Keep being Queen and deal with Trump, or step down and make Charles deal with him lol

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Since it seems that a death is probably off the cards, I'm gonna go with Prince Harry proposing to his american girlfriend. It's totally the sort of thing that the royals would consider an "emergency".

At 3am? Harry would wait till normal hours to do that.

danthefan

Abdicating would make sense.

Keep being Queen and deal with Trump, or step down and make Charles deal with him lol

She'll do very little dealing with Trump other than shaking hands with him if he ever visits the UK. That's for the government.

Top Bottom