• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: The Pokemon. All 721 of them, and counting.

PK Gaming

I hear you on Coliseum being stupid fun

I have fond memories of playing through that during one of my childhood summers

Anyone remember that bad dude's Tyranitar? Had to catch it with my last Timer Ball. Extra good times.

Crayolan

Espeon is simple perfection. Umbreon is fantastic too. I've used both on my team many times, not even counting Colosseum playthroughs.

NEO0MJ

Umbreon and Flareon are probably my favorite. Umbreon is pretty badass looking and has a unique battle style and as for Flareon....

c732z.gif

A shame it's not that good competitivly, though.

Macka

Umbreon and Espeon are top-tier Pokemon designs, and I go back and forth over which one makes it into my top 6 favourites. Adore them.

Firemind

You definitely don't want to run into that majestic son of a bitch in a dark alley that's for sure
lol

I loved beating the shit out of Umbreon in the heydays of "stall"

I never understood how people thought Mean Look + Toxic could actually work more than once.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If there's any Eeveelution who is meant to be Eevee's canon evolution, I'd argue it's Espeon, although Sylveon recently has given it some competition which I'll explain in its entry. There's various reasons I get this impression, from Red having an Espeon in Gold and Silver, to its Japanese name, Eifie, being the closest to Eevee, and its general design. Plus I feel like if players don't go for any Eeveelution in particular, Espeon will end up being the one they likely get. Game Freak's never commented on which Eeveelution is the "canon one", and there probably isn't actually one they considered the natural evolution of Eevee, but sometimes I wonder if that was the plan with Espeon, to simply be the Happiness evolution in general regardless of time, but then they decided to make two new Eeveelutions. This might explain why Espeon's entries tend to talk about its relationship with its Trainer, while Umbreon's entries make it out to be quite feral, and not fitting a Happiness evolution.

Eevee doesn't have a "canon" evolution, whatever that mean, this isn't Digimon where they have multiple evolution but one official line.

Espeon is probably the most all-around popular Eeveelution due to looks, usefulness, and the impression he left thanks to being on Red's G/S team, although he was dumped for Lapras in HG/SS for some reason. Maybe because Espeon was associated with manga Red, and Lapras with anime Ash, who during Generation IV had become a literal God taking on Legendary Pokemon and thus they dropped the one Pokemon Game Red had who wasn't part of any evolution line he used?

Because Game Freak moved Red location from inside Mt Silver to the top of Mt Silver where it hails and none of Red's Pokémon took advantage of that. So giving him Lapras made sense since it was part Ice and is a memorable Pokémon since it was given to you.

They didn't change it because of the Animé and Manga, they aren't influenced by that.

I love Umbreon, I just wish it was more attack orientated instead of defense I guess.

Yeah Umbreon gives the impression that he's a fast attacker.

I hear you on Coliseum being stupid fun

I have fond memories of playing through that during one of my childhood summers

Anyone remember that bad dude's Tyranitar? Had to catch it with my last Timer Ball. Extra good times.

I abused the Master Ball glitch to catch Tyranitar, his team was tough enough as it was.

Anyway I would totally love another game in the Orre series and I wish that Game Freak allowed Genius Sonority to devloped another one for the Wii U and shoved all the gen 1 pandering into that game instead into X and Y.

dat booty tho

....erm wut? o_O;

Razmos

Eevee doesn't have a "canon" evolution, whatever that mean, this isn't Digimon where they have multiple evolution but one official line.
I thought he explained that rather well.

Umbreon and Espeon are "Natural" evolutions for Eevee that happen via Level Up, as opposed to the initial trio and Glaceon and Leafeon who evolve via external forces. So they can be seen as "natural" evolutions that Eevee would likely evolve into in the wild.

And though he hasn't gotten around to it due to not reaching Sylveon yet:
Sylveon also makes sense as a "natural" evolution since Eevee learns Fairy type moves and evolves via level up again and Eevee doesn't learn any moves that are the same type as one of it's evolutions with the exception of Bite, which we all know was normal type in Gen 1.

I've always wondered if maybe Game Freak at first intended to have you get Umbreon by getting eevee's happiness down to zero. This makes sense (in my head) because the main way to do that (other than herbal medicines) is to have eevee faint repeatedly. As a result, eevee adapts and becomes a more feral pokemon who is super defensive focused and hard to knock out. I get how that would be impractical given the mechanics they settled on with the happiness system, but it was the idea that came to me after seeing her tank nearly every hit playing through Colosseum.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I thought he explained that rather well.

Umbreon and Espeon are "Natural" evolutions for Eevee that happen via Level Up, as opposed to the initial trio and Glaceon and Leafeon who evolve via external forces. So they can be seen as "natural" evolutions that Eevee would likely evolve into in the wild.

And though he hasn't gotten around to it due to not reaching Sylveon yet:
Sylveon also makes sense as a "natural" evolution since Eevee learns Fairy type moves and evolves via level up again and Eevee doesn't learn any moves that are the same type as one of it's evolutions with the exception of Bite, which we all know was normal type in Gen 1.

But Eevee can't naturally evolve into Umbreon and Espeon as they require happiness from their trainer and Sylveon also require input from its trainer as well so they can't naturally evolve into Sylveon. The fact that Eevee learns fairy type moves means nothing since it can learn other moves from breeding or via TM.

Sorry Watch Da Birdie but I don't agree with your statement that Eevee has a "natural" or "canon" evolution, since Eevee is the Evolution Pokémon and evolves to adapt to whatever environment its' in.

Happiness grows naturally. You can't stop an Eevee from eventually becoming either Espeon or Umbreon. They're the defaults if you don't do anything but level up Eevee.

This isn't really true, quite a lot of Pokemon have a branch evolution that's not the "official" evolution. Bellosom and Slowking for example.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Happiness grows naturally. You can't stop an Eevee from eventually becoming either Espeon or Umbreon. They're the defaults if you don't do anything but level up Eevee.

Yeah I can... by forcing Eevee to eat an everstone. ;p

This isn't really true, quite a lot of Pokemon have a branch evolution that's not the "official" evolution. Bellosom and Slowking for example.

I just don't see it like that and treat the branch evolution the same as the other line.

The only one I treat as an unofficial evolution is Porygon-Z as the Dubious Disc isn't officially created by Silph Co.

Ah well it doesn't matter as at the end of they day they are still Pokémon. :)

Raven77

So since this is a thread discussing Pokemon I'd love to get some expert advice. I am about 8 hours into Pokemon X and haven't played a Pokemon game since Soul Silver. I am aware of some of the newer Pokemon since then like the new starters, Pancham, and a few others but as I'm playing through this I am being constantly bombarded with new Pokemon I've never seen and know nothing about.

Without posting pictures please (I love going into a battle and suddenly seeing a Pokemon I've never seen before) any recommendations on which ones in Pokemon X are worth leveling up? I don't necessarily care about just the "best stats" but care more about what is being discussed in this thread, the look of the Pokemon, move sets, how fun they are to use, etc. I am huge on design and the art style of the Pokemon and prefer the more natural looking ones over the more stylized, sometimes robotic looks. For example, I really like Ducklett cause he looks exactly like what a Pokemon version of a duck should look like in my opinion. Conversely the two Legendaries in XY both look like cool robots, not like the Legendaries of the old games.

Razmos

How do Xerneas and Yveltal look like robots? I thought they were a decent return to form after the absolutely robotic looking 4th and 5th gen legendaries.

Xerneas is just a stag/deer with glowing horns and Yveltal is not that different to Lugia and no more overdesigned than Groudon or Rayquaza

Seriously the "looks like a robot" "looks like a digimon" line is just so annoying. I understand it for the 4th and 5th gen legendaries, but it just seems to be a buzzword for any later designs that people don't like.

So since this is a thread discussing Pokemon I'd love to get some expert advice. I am about 8 hours into Pokemon X and haven't played a Pokemon game since Soul Silver. I am aware of some of the newer Pokemon since then like the new starters, Pancham, and a few others but as I'm playing through this I am being constantly bombarded with new Pokemon I've never seen and know nothing about.

Without posting pictures please (I love going into a battle and suddenly seeing a Pokemon I've never seen before) any recommendations on which ones in Pokemon X are worth leveling up? I don't necessarily care about just the "best stats" but care more about what is being discussed in this thread, the look of the Pokemon, move sets, how fun they are to use, etc. I am huge on design and the art style of the Pokemon and prefer the more natural looking ones over the more stylized, sometimes robotic looks. For example, I really like Ducklett cause he looks exactly like what a Pokemon version of a duck should look like in my opinion. Conversely the two Legendaries in XY both look like cool robots, not like the Legendaries of the old games.
If you are a fan of pseudo legendaries, than try out Goomy, I personally think Goodra is cute and useful. You'll get a free Lucario a little earlier with a mega stone. There is a Poke'mon called Honedge you can get very early, if 'natural' looking Poke'mon matter too much, you might not use it, but is you do, Aeglislash is a treat. Meowstic are really cool to use in my opinion and they are early enough for you to get a good feel of them, however the females learn more offensive moves on level up while the males learn defensive ones, so pick depending on your playstyle. But honestly, you can just use whatever tickles your fancy without problems.

Also, how dare you even suggest that the majestic and graceful Xerneas is anything but natural beauty!?

NEO0MJ

Why is it looking at me like that ( >_<)

Seriously the "looks like a robot" "looks like a digimon" line is just so annoying. I understand it for the 4th and 5th gen legendaries, but it just seems to be a buzzword for any later designs that people don't like.

Yeah. I mean even in gen 1 you had pokemon who could pass for Digimon. Charizard is like a winged mono-colored Greymon. Both are fire breathing dragons but not really with short arms and a pot-belly.

Just kidding with ya'll.

But yeah, I agree with you.

Azuran

Banned
There's no way Xernaeas, Yveltal and Zygarde could be robots when they have some of the smoothest and majestic animations in the game. Yveltal's wings are mesmerizing.

Mr-Joker

Banned
What's there to wut about? She's so fine she-

You guys are weird there is nothing sexy about Poké-

... That is that I am done with Pokémon I am going to Digimon at least there I don't have to deal with sexy Digi--

Angewomon_re.jpg

On second though maybe Yo-kai Watch will be safer... right? >_>

Honestly I just ignore those statement, as they aren't the first and definitely be the last. You mark my word, someone else will come along and say those exact words.

If you are a fan of pseudo legendaries, than try out Goomy, I personally think Goodra is cute and useful. You'll get a free Lucario a little earlier with a mega stone. There is a Poke'mon called Honedge you can get very early, if 'natural' looking Poke'mon matter too much, you might not use it, but is you do, Aeglislash is a treat. Meowstic are really cool to use in my opinion and they are early enough for you to get a good feel of them, however the females learn more offensive moves on level up while the males learn defensive ones, so pick depending on your playstyle. But honestly, you can just use whatever tickles your fancy without problems.

Also, how dare you even suggest that the majestic and graceful Xerneas is anything but natural beauty!?

I don't think that he will pick up Honedge, "too robotic" for his liking.

Yeah. I mean even in gen 1 you had pokemon who could pass for Digimon. Charizard is like a winged mono-colored Greymon. Both are fire breathing dragons but not really with short arms and a pot-belly.

Just kidding with ya'll.

200837-7ac11b4867df39946c7dc63a23a38051c2520e22_super.png

Not going to lie but that fusion of Charizard and Greymon looks so cool.

brinstar

Besides their tails, Reshiram and Zekrom don't look like "robots" to me either.

Dialga and Palkia are the only ones I'd agree with that criticism on, and even then it's mostly Palkia with its weird, unnatural stiff posture.

And even then I'd argue that weird and unnatural was probably what they were going for with those Pokemon.

Jolteon is my favorite Eeveelution, but only by default. I don't care for the other ones, and the only reason I don't use Vaporeon in my Rain Dance teams is because it's too defensive for my liking.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Generation IV Eeveelutions

Generation III came and went without any new Eeveelutions, meaning Eevee fans had to wait until 2006 for new members---and after about a decade, the dream of a Grass-type and Ice-type Eeveelution finally came true! But like a lot of dreams, when they come true they're not always as glamorous or exciting as you thought they'd be, and for me when we finally got Leafeon and Glaceon, I felt pretty numb towards them. There's nothing bad about them, but they're basically what you'd expect Grass and Ice Eeveelutions to look like, and as someone who was never a fan of the Eeveelutions, they were easily the weakest of the Generation IV Cross-Generation Evolutions who I overall enjoyed. I don't think I'm alone as while they have their fans like all Eeveelutions, I feel they're far less popular than the Generation I and II Eeveelutions, and less so than Sylveon even as well.

Leafeon and Glaceon are "Location Based Evolutions", like Magneton to Magnezone, evolving at the "Mossy Rock" and "Ice Rock" respectively, which is a bit of an issue for them. Now, I enjoy the idea of location-based evolutions, but they have their immediate issues, such as requiring Game Freak to make said areas available in every game going forward, and for a Pokemon with multiple evolutions like Eevee, most folks will likely want to go with the other, easier Eeveelutions rather than tracking down the specific spots needed to evolve him into Leafeon or Glaceon. In Diamond and Pearl, like most Gen IV Evolutions, Leafeon and Glaceon were shoved to the post-game which feels odd since you'd think Game Freak would want to put them front and center. Platinum fixed this, but then Game Freak just didn't even bother with the locations in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, meaning Leafeon and Glaceon aren't available in those games, which is once more pretty dumb since Mystery Dungeon was smart enough to just create "Mossy Rock" and "Ice Rock" items to use for the evolutions, so why couldn't Game Freak? Black 2 and White 2 also fucked things up as despite adding Eevee to the Regional Dex, the Mossy Rock and Ice Rock are locked to post-game areas, meaning they're once more shoved to the end game again. XY and ORAS set things straight, but it's still pretty odd how little Game Freak seems to care about these two, and perhaps echoes the idea that their creation was just them "going through the motions" and doing a Grass/Ice Eeveelution because that's what the fans wanted.

But I don't mean to sound totally negative about them, so let's look at them individually in more detail.

7iN3ldV.png

#470 - Leafeon
Grass

Well, here it is, the Grass Eeveelution everyone wanted since Generation I, and I'm pretty sure "Leafeon" was the most popular speculated name for it behind "Grasseon". Since Game Freak couldn't just use the Leaf Stone though, Leafeon instead evolves when Eevee Levels Up around a Mossy Rock. You'd think the Eeveelution representing the Grass-type might be somewhat delicate, with high HP and a focus on a slower style of fighting, but nope, Leafeon is very physically oriented with high Attack and Defense and basically plays like Jolteon somewhat as the Eeveelution you might put at the front to lead the charge. However, being a pure-Grass Type Pokemon isn't exactly the best claim to fame, and Leafeon's fairly outclassed by many of his Grass-type pals who are a bit more versatile than he is.

While all the other Eeveelutions are basically still mammalian Pokemon, Leafeon seems to be more plant than animal, described as being a rather sedentary Pokemon despite appearances who soaks up sunlight and utilizes photosynthesis to live as opposed to foraging for food. And Leafeon's design reflects this quite nicely, its fur seamlessly transforming into plant-like material on parts of its body, and I wonder if eventually Leafeon will completely turn into a plant as its former nature as an Eevee completely disappears? Perhaps this could illustrate a dangerous side of Eevee's adaptability, its body being susceptible to being influenced to the point that Eevee has no control over what it becomes. Even though Leafeon doesn't do much for me personally, I'll say it looks far more imaginative than what most fan-drawings of "Grasseon" looked like, and I think the combination of the green and yellow looks really nice as opposed to making it solid green like fan depictions usually had it looking like.

Despite its high Attack, the PokeDex claims "it basically does not fight". Uh, except it clearly does and learns such attacks like Swords Dance and Leaf Blade, clearly showing it's naturally got an aggressive side. Leafeon doesn't really have a "Signature Move", although it sort of adopts Leaf Blade, which before it showed up was only learned by two Generation III Pokemon, but since Leafeon learned it quite a few Pokemon, including one of its Generation IV Cross-Generation buddies, have since picked it up. On the other hand, since Leafeon was the first Eeveelution to be introduced alongside Abilities, perhaps you could say it has a "Signature Ability", as it was the first Pokemon to have Leaf Guard as its primary Ability and greatly fits into its lore of being a photosynthesis-using namby-pamby as it protects it from status effects while Sunny.

The Diamond and Pearl anime was one of the first series, despite introducing new Eeveelutions, to lack an "Eeveelution Family Reunion" come to think of it, and it wasn't till Best Wishes we saw it alongside the rest of its friends. Leafeon didn't appear till the tail-end of Diamond and Pearl under the ownership of Dawn's Rival Zoey, and never really got a focus episode to itself, mainly just being used in battle. B-b-but it doesn't fight, right?

Wipc4P8.png

#471 - Glaceon
Ice

An Ice Eeveelution wasn't speculated about as much as Leafeon, due to there never being an item designed specifically for Ice-type Pokemon, but as the only Special-type remaining alongside Grass and Dragon, naturally fans expected one to pop up eventually. Glaceon evolves from Eevee when it Levels Up around an Ice Rock, meaning it tends to be available far later than Leafeon is since snowy areas typically fall at the very end of the game. Like many Ice-type Pokemon, it's got ice-hard Defense (but like that's much help with all their weaknesses), but also focuses on Special stats as well, having a powerful Special Attack. It's pretty flawed though, suffering from its Type being naturally pretty poor like Leafeon's Grass-type, and lacking in Speed, which seems to be the biggest flaw of Ice-type Pokemon and something Game Freak loves to do to them. It also apparently has somewhat of a reverse-Flareon situation, lacking decent Special moves to take advantage of its Special Attack.

Glaceon's design isn't as good as Leafeon's in my opinion, and there's not too much to say about it except it does a decent job at giving off an Ice-vibe, but I wish they got a bit more creative with it and it was literally made of ice in parts like how Leafeon has leafs growing from its body, rather than simply being cool colored. It sort of reminds me of Flareon in this aspect, not really sticking out among the rest of its fellow Type, but I guess that simplicity is probably what Eeveelutions aim for so I can't criticize it too much. Until Sylveon, I also think Glaceon was the most "feminine" of the Eeveelutions, despite being a 87.5% male species, due to its bangs that brings to mind a classic Japanese woman's haircut, I believe they call it the "Hime Cut", although most fans seem to see all the Eeveelutions, except perhaps Jolteon and Umbreon, as female generally it seems. I won't dwell on this point since it's a somewhat tricky topic, and there's another Pokemon coming up in Generation II that fits this topic better, but I think it's fair to say that in general, most Pokemon are coded as "male", or seen as such by the general populace, with the ones coded as female being the exception. But that's a cultural thing and may be different for you---for me, at least, growing up animals were all "he" unless they had a specific gender code saying otherwise, and I've found it hard to break from that despite being pretty open-minded when it comes to human gender-roles. You'll notice I tend to use "he" when talking about most Pokemon, and I really don't even try to, it just happens automatically when I type.

Lore-wise, Glaceon's pretty simple, and what you'd expect from an Ice-type Pokemon, freezing the atmosphere around it to summon a "diamond-dust flurry" (a 'secret' weather in Generation IV in fact that only happens on certain days), and forming ice crystal. It's bit like Vaporeon therefore, as both of them are not only able to adapt to their environment, they're able to influence it as well. Glaceon's body doesn't seem to be made of snow or ice, but it does have the ability to freeze its fur and fire it off like missiles---so, yeah, totally ripping that off Jolteon. Rather than giving it Pin Missile , I presume this is meant to represent Ice Shard, which was always shared with a lot of Pokemon so isn't that much of a "Signature Move", and also can't be put to much use by Glaceon as its Attack is rather unremarkable. Like Leafeon, it does seem to have a "Signature Ability", Snow Cloak, which allows it to become more evasive during Hail, and thus both Gen IV Eeveelutions can be said to specialize in weather-based Abilities. Unlike Leafeon and leaf Guard, Glaceon wasn't the only Pokemon upon its introducing to have the move as its primary Ability as another Generation IV Cross-Generation Evolution had it as well, but I still think it can be considered a Signature Ability regardless.

At the end of the Battle Frontier season , May got an Eevee leading to much speculation about what Eeveelution she'd obtain, with the popular idea being it was hinting at a new Eeveelution soon to be revealed in the upcoming Diamond and Pearl---May left before Eevee evolved though, but a few years later she came back during Diamond and Pearl with a Glaceon, so I assume that the anime writers definitely were aware of new Eeveelutions and set that up ahead of time. It's not too surprising, since they did it with another Pokemon in Battle Frontier who also received a Generation IV evolution. Anyway, May's Glaceon battled the new girl, Dawn, in the finals of the "Wallace Cup" Contest, and lost to an unevolved Starter Pokemon. Yeah, once the new girl shows up, the old one is pretty much irrelevant. Glaceon's only other singular appearance of note was when it quickly popped up in Best Wishes under the ownership of QUEEN CYNTHIA, the Rosalina of Pokemon. She never had one in the games as far as I recall, and only appeared in one scene so it wasn't much. But still, if we could only all be so lucky to be owned by QUEEN CYNTHIA.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
uhhh, no?

Joking aside, Florges is literally just wearing the flower.

Just kidding with ya'll.

It is ironic though. You know the number 1 "generic" comment towards Digimon? It's an animal where you put cannons on it.

250px-Blasty.png

I'm just surprised detractors don't look at what they mean by "a digimon design" as a way of insulting mon design, completely forgetting that the stuff they use is applicable to their favorites.

Dad

I always hated the unnatural looking thorns and weird head frill things on Leafeon. Definitely my least favorite Eeveeloution outside of maybe Sylveon. Glaceon is ok if a bit boring

It's weird, these two were basically used in no marketing at all for Diamond and Pearl. That's unlike any other Eevee evolution, which are usually featured heavily as marketing for their generation.

Kind of seems like Game Freak just wanted to fill out the rest of the Special types that weren't Dragon so they could be done with Eevee for awhile.

I like Leafeon's stat focus unlike most people. We needed another melee-specialized Eeveelution and Grass has a solid move for it. It's also my 2nd favorite Eeveelution design behind Umbreon.

Glaceon was nice having an Eeveelution with good special attack and defenses, but it has probably my 2nd least favorite design only ahead Jolteon. It really needs something else going for it than just the hair. The light blue and dark blue color combination is meh and I'm not feeling any of the markings on it.

jnWake

Leafeon is cool. How the leaves just fuse with it body looks cool and I could imagine it as some sort of LotR "monster".

StoneFox

Glaceon has the strongest blizzard in the game but since GF hates pure ice types there's no appeal to using it as someone's special attacker over Jolteon and Sylveon. Even Ice Body doesn't really save it much with such poor defenses.

Although I had a funny moment on Pokemon Showdown once where I ran a Focus Sash Glaceon. Dude brings out his Moltres and uses Fire Blast. Glaceon's Focus Sash triggers and then proceeds to OHKO the Moltres with Mirror Coat hahaha

Thorakai

I'm really surprised that an Eevee copycat Pokemon that evolves into the traditional physical types hasn't been introduced yet. I would have expected a mon like that to be introduced in Gen 5 what with all the Gen 1 archetype revisits.

Seil

I'm really surprised that an Eevee copycat Pokemon that evolves into the traditional physical types hasn't been introduced yet. I would have expected a mon like that to be introduced in Gen 5 what with all the Gen 1 archetype revisits.

Well, while Eevee has only focused on originally Special types(sans Sylveon) thus far, that's not exactly in its description or anything. It would be strange if THE "Evolution Pokemon", the Pokemon that's known for being able to easily adapt to any environment, had a counterpart that would then shut each other out of a portion of the types. I imagine they'd rather leave the possibility of giving Eevee those evolutions in the future instead.

Forkball

Leafeon is one of the most disappointing Pokemon ever. Gen IV was filled with retro evolutions that made those lines more interesting and usable, but we finally get a grass Eevee and it's useless.

I wish we got Eeveelutions every gen. But they seem to only include them if there is some new evolution feature or gameplay gimmick they want to push.

Gen I: Stones
Gen II: Day/Night Cycle and dark type
Gen III: NOTHING (worst gen)
Gen IV: Area-specific evolutions (other Pokemon also evolve this way)
Gen V: NOTHING (second worst gen)
Gen VI: Pokeamie and fairies

GoldStarz

Glaceon's only other singular appearance of note was when it quickly popped up in Best Wishes under the ownership of QUEEN CYNTHIA, the Rosalina of Pokemon. She never had one in the games as far as I recall, and only appeared in one scene so it wasn't much. But still, if we could only all be so lucky to be owned by QUEEN CYNTHIA.
She had one in her B2/W2 battle since they changed her team for some reason (maybe to make her easier?)

PK Gaming

Leafeon is pretty limited nowadays, but I remember back in Gen IV it was really good in the UU format.

I remember giving it a stupid amount of Special Defense EVs in order to break through Weezings (I'd use Swords Dance as it switched in and power through it). Those days are long past, but i'm really glad I experienced them.

Dryk

I sort of wish they made Glaceon physically focused because there's actually competition there as opposed to special where Jolteon and Vaporeon completely steal its thunder.

but then Game Freak just didn't even bother with the locations in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, meaning Leafeon and Glaceon aren't available in those games, which is once more pretty dumb since Mystery Dungeon was smart enough to just create "Mossy Rock" and "Ice Rock" items to use for the evolutions, so why couldn't Game Freak?
This is becoming a running theme, as is appropriate

Nightbird

It is ironic though. You know the number 1 "generic" comment towards Digimon? It's an animal where you put cannons on it.

250px-Blasty.png

I'm just surprised detractors don't look at what they mean by "a digimon design" as a way of insulting mon design, completely forgetting that the stuff they use is applicable to their favorites.

Yeah, Blastoise is the most Digimon-like Pokémon ever.

Overall the appreciation for Gen 1 would not be as high if the people who tend to complain about later Gens would look at Gen 1 with the same criticism.

Top Bottom