• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rugby World Cup 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Fantastic game that!!

More big collisions than the LHC, Georgia deserved it on discipline and power in the end.

Ready to watch the All Blacks repeat, I believe in our Lord and Savior Richie McCaw.

Let's put 30 points on Argentina on Monday.

Very interesting to see how the tournament develops for our wings. Really hope that we can avoid having many injuries, particularly in the forward pack. Dane Coles needs to stay healthy.

Clegg

Refereeing in this tournament is a joke. Why was there a need to go to the TMO?

Just like that perfectly fine Nadalo try yesterday.

CCS

Banned
Key refereeing issues already this tournament:

-Maul not being refereed properly
-Unnecessary TMO use
-Inconsistent application of laws relating to dangerous play

This is what kills rugby. The archaic and inconsistent rules.

Problem is, they aren't even archaic. They introduced the new maul rules after the last world cup and it's taken a few years for teams to figure out how to exploit them but refs haven't kept up. If it were up to me, I'd get rid of them entirely because they're shit to watch as a spectator and seem to be impossible to ref properly.

RoryT

Neo Member
Wall of green almost broke there, Canada are going to have to bring it if they are going to make a dent in the scoreboard.

Agreed, Sexton is on point.

Pickman

Someone made a thread asking about this a few weeks ago and the suggestion was to use a VPN like Unotelly and watch the UK coverage for free on ITV. Might be a good idea to add that to the OP for any others who are interested but don't have local coverage or are being ripped off.

You're a prince. Thank you.

Clegg

Sexton played well, but shouldn't have been given man of the match because he was only on for 55 minutes. Iain Henderson was the best player on the pitch.

RoryT

Neo Member
Twickers game is France v Italy, should be a corker.

Thought you were talking about Twickenham stadium and referencing the SA/JP match in 15 mins, Was thinking you better leave fairly soon or must live next door to the stadium haha.

Yeah, that should be a fairly close match. The last time I saw Italy play was in 07 at ravenhill, Northern Ireland.

Fairy lax security and I was quite young, managed to jump onto the pitch at the end and get the players to sign my shirt. (Irish players that is)

Always stuck with me that all the players who look fairly small on TV are still massive, they are all fucking massive.

EDIT- Realised I have completely mixed all the stadiums up.

CCS

Banned
Thought you were talking about Twickenham stadium and referencing the SA/JP match in 15 mins, Was thinking you better leave fairly soon or must live next door to the stadium haha.

Yeah, that should be a fairly close match. The last time I saw Italy play was in 07 at ravenhill, Northern Ireland.

Fairy lax security and I was quite young, managed to jump onto the pitch at the end and get the players to sign my shirt. (Irish players that is)

Always stuck with me that all the players who look fairy small on TV are still massive, they are all fucking massive.

That's a pretty wonderful experience to have. You're not kidding though, met a couple of the England team once and it was bloody terrifying how huge they were.

Embarrassing for Canada. No matter what our team never actually improves.

It's hard to do so when you're not facing top opposition on a regular basis and don't have a professional domestic league. Overcoming those disadvantages is a pretty huge feat. Hell, Scotland don't have those disadvantages and they still can't compete with most of the top teams.

Exciting stuff in Japan vs SA so far. Some very good turnovers from Japan have stiffled the Saffa's attack. Great to see Fumi's clearance from the ruck, he has to be one of the best in the world, even though he sits on the bench behind Aaron Smith at the Highlanders.

Japan 3-0

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Nice first half for Japan. They fought a lot. Probably a repeat of yesterday's game, they will get tired around 60th minute or so.

Nice first half for Japan. They fought a lot. Probably a repeat of yesterday's game, they will get tired around 60th minute or so.

I don't know about that. They play a very fast paced brand of rugby in the Japanese domestic competition, so their fitness might be up to the task.

Really fun game so far, even if all three tries have been scored from bloody mauls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom