• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: ACIV: Black Flag is sub-1080p on Xbox One

DJ12

This is Xbox One footage of AC4 and i don't think even XB1 version just "very little improvement" of PS360 version
Watch the rev3 comparison video.

Minor details are improved character models and animations are identical. Other geometry appears identical too.

Some nice next gen effects like the rain and vegetation but nothing that would push either console.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Has it ever occurred to you that most people buying a PS4 aren't fanboys? Just mull that idea over. Or you know, check some of our post histories. I bought about 20 retail multiplatform titles on my 360. until I traded one of my 360s in a couple of weeks ago, I had two. I bought 2 multiplatform titles on PS3 (Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat).

Maybe, just maybe, some of us are buying the PS4 because it's cheaper and its better at playing the multiplatform titles.

The Xbox One desperately needs AAA exclusives, because it isn't the console for people who care more about multiplatform titles than exclusives. I can't be the only person who buys more multiplatform titles than exclusives.

Also, where exactly does the notion come from that the Xbox one has tons of "AAA exclusives"?

In the entire lineup I can only give Forza 5 that title, really. Dead Rising looks kind of promising too, I guess?

spannicus

O3RPHaB.png

1pbWU.gif

LmAO I love this Gif

Acheteedo

Finally some news on this, I just need confirmation on the state of FIFA now, I've still got two pre-orders I need to make a decision on.

Salex_

Nope but the gameplay is the same. so it doesn't really make a big difference at the end. I find it curious though why people are grabbing on for dear life with 1080p like kitten will die if a game doesn't meet that standard. Its not the freaking end of the world.
You do realize that even though BF4 is running at a higher resolution on PS4, it still has better effects and higher average frame rate? Frame rate directly affects gameplay.

This could be the same case.

I have a serious question... are we going to see a transition away from dynamic lighting/deferred rendering due to the Xbone? I really hope that is NOT the case.

Tabris

This just adds an element to your console decision that wasn't really there as much last generation, and if it was, it was favoured on 360's side especially in the beginning:

1) Which console has the better online services?
2) Which console has the better exclusives?
3) Which console do your friends play on?
4) Which console has the better additional services?
5) Which company's business model & community outreach do you prefer?

and now:

6) Which console has better graphics and performance for multi-platform titles?

The really unfortunate thing with Microsoft right now though is they seemed have reduced their game studios output (or perhaps splintered it too much with kinect titles), so #2 is a struggle.

I personally have picked only PS4 only right now due to HDMI slot limitations and #6 (I also think Sony will have caught up on #1, #3 and is miles ahead on #5)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Nope but the gameplay is the same. so it doesn't really make a big difference at the end. I find it curious though why people are grabbing on for dear life with 1080p like kitten will die if a game doesn't meet that standard. Its not the freaking end of the world. Who said the standard was 1080p60fps for next gen ? I bet we will see many games in this generation that won't meet that standard and they will still be good games.

I'm sure you will actually see a number of games like that.

Me, I'll have a PS4.

I have a serious question... are we going to see a transition away from dynamic lighting/deferred rendering due to the Xbone? I really hope that is NOT the case.

I've actually given thought to this "lowest common denominator" fear.. and it is really unfounded. XBOX games weren't held back because of PS2. Early gen 360 games weren't held back by PS3. Heck even PC games usually aren't held back by consoles.

I think that's what most are saying (that the media is downplaying). That progress will march on for PS4 and PC, and will just march on slower and peak earlier with XBONE.

This is bullshit. I despise the mandatory Kinect, the ridiculous pricing for the inferior hardware, the lies and deception on every step of the PR, the direction Microsoft wants to take gaming with their policies.

I absolutely do want them to fail and it's mostly because I don't want anyone to get behind what Microsoft stands for these days in the industry. If they fail, the market will be a bit more monopolized by Sony for a while, sure. It might even be a little bit smaller, some people might choose to get out of gaming instead of getting a PS4 or WiiU - but I don't think this would be much of an issue.

If they don't fail, everyone will see how much bullshit you can get away with, and Microsoft's vision of the future will be one step closer to becoming a reality. To me, that's a much worse outcome for the industry than a turbulence of a failure of Xbone.

Some of us are OK with that future...I understand you may not be but I want the media stuff, I want the kinect...I believe that's my prerogative and I don't think that makes me a bad gamer.

oh is that true for out of warranty ones? hmmm. Only got into ps3 train 2 years ago so never had one broke.

Always find it fascinating that gaffers would spend soo much sweat and blood arguing over meaningless resolution stuff yet could not spend 1/10 of the effort to figure out how to slap together a gaming rig, which is easier than LEGOs these days.

$$$$$$ ......trust me on this

stevil

This just adds an element to your console decision that wasn't really there as much last generation, and if it was, it was favoured on 360's side especially in the beginning:

and now:

The really unfortunate thing with Microsoft right now though is they seemed have reduced their game studios output (or perhaps splintered it too much with kinect titles), so #2 is a struggle.

I personally have picked only PS4 only right now due to HDMI slot limitations and #6 (I also think Sony will have caught up on #1, #3 and is miles ahead on #5)

For me the biggest factor was sound, I ended up playing multi-platform titles on the PS3 because the xbox360 made to much noise. I even played mass effect 3 on PS3 because of it although I played 1 and 2 on the X360.

When that Reddit AmA happened when ACIV's team was there to answer the questions, Director Ashraf Ismail replied to all of my questions except for the native resolution one...

Fishy.

chadskin

This is bullshit. I despise the mandatory Kinect, the ridiculous pricing for the inferior hardware, the lies and deception on every step of the PR, the direction Microsoft wants to take gaming with their policies.

I absolutely do want them to fail and it's mostly because I don't want anyone to get behind what Microsoft stands for these days in the industry. If they fail, the market will be a bit more monopolized by Sony for a while, sure. It might even be a little bit smaller, some people might choose to get out of gaming instead of getting a PS4 or WiiU - but I don't think this would be much of an issue.

If they don't fail, everyone will see how much bullshit you can get away with, and Microsoft's vision of the future will be one step closer to becoming a reality. To me, that's a much worse outcome for the industry than a turbulence of a failure of Xbone.

True. I think it's more likely Microsoft will spin out/sell its Xbox business than not at this point. Investors and analysts have been echoing the same sentiment for months, Elop reportedly considers it as well. If they don't report huge sales and turn huge profits in the next 12 to 24 months, I wouldn't be surprised at all if MS ditches the Xbox. It's not like it didn't happen before in the history of video games (hello SEGA :()

Sotha_Sil

Also, where exactly does the notion come from that the Xbox one has tons of "AAA exclusives"?

In the entire lineup I can only give Forza 5 that title, really. Dead Rising looks kind of promising too, I guess?

Xbox One has Forza, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, RYSE, Halo, Quantum Break, Project Spark, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, and the Black Tusk game.

PS4 has Killzone, Knack, Driveclub, InFamous, Deep Down, and The Order.

It's not that the PS4 games aren't there, they just haven't been shown.

TS-08

and now:

7) Price

stevil

But then many of those people are getting a ps4 and/or xbone, 3-4 games, another controller, and other jazz lol.

I just like the joy of plug and play and I don't care about graphics so much. But I'm thinking of building my own steam box or wait for an official one.

Top Bottom