• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: big game store just got new "Batman" posters (Rocksteady's new Batman game?)

I hear its going to be set on Valentines Day. Thats why there will be no one but criminals on the streets of Arkham, everyone is too busy inside with their loved ones!

One thing I would love to see is some regular people in the mix on the streets, even if it was just like the bully encounters from city, at least it would add something to an otherwise dead town full of muscle head thugs.

Musolf815

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading a quote from Kevin Conroy about his excitement for the next Batman game he was working on, and said it had a huge, epic story.

Well, there's the Dollmaker and Professor Pyg. Those two could work in the Arkham universe.

Tiger Shark!

also james Gordon jr hasn't been there yet but he wouldn't work as a bruce villain really(is he even old enough in this series? I guess he would be if Barbara is already oracle..)

I just want co op

5 player co op

give me 10 times the amount of enemies as normal per encounter and 5 player co op

EDIT
Just looked them up they look cool. The only other one I can think of is that Man-Bat one. Don't know how popular he is though.

he's been around in the comics very recently and even an army of manbats

ooh
this reminds me

court of owls not in the games yet either

Rocksteady should do another superhero. This Batman stuff is getting old and I've not even played the last two despite really enjoying AA.

I know different licenses and all, but I'd love to see them take on Spiderman. Activision clearly does not give two shits about making quality games with the license.

King_Tut_(Batman_TV_Series).jpg

UZ25IbY.jpg

Spaghetti

That logo alone extinguished my hope of it being a Batman Beyond game. I will just keep dreaming I guess :/
unless they pull an mgs2 style protagonist switcharoo

imagine if the first section of the game is batman failing and becoming a recluse, picking up 20 years later for some future gotham fun

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
unless they pull an mgs2 style protagonist switcharoo

imagine if the first section of the game is batman failing and becoming a recluse, picking up 20 years later for some future gotham fun

The Batman Beyond game of my dreams. I want this so bad, I would be completely on board.

boltz

Still gotta beat AC, but I haven't touched it in a while because the city was pretty dull and repetitive to me. Does Origins improve in this regard?

Denzar

I'd love to see Rocksteady do something different for a change. Such a talented bunch. i don't want them to be stuck on Batman forever. In before shitty Batman Forever jokes.

Joei

More Asylum and less City. AA is the best of the three and this open city concept should go. No batmobile, driving around town signing little kids autographs BS. I want tight, focused narrative and gameplay. But alas, we'll probably get GTABatman :(

Blader

They're not ditching "Arkham," it's the franchise name.

I'm down for a new Arkham title. I skipped Origins precisely to avoid getting burned out on the series, since I know Rocksteady would be out with a new one this year. Looking forward to it.

MYE

If they put Superman or do some crossover bullshit, I'm 100% not buying. Fuck hero mash-ups.

Also, no Joker. I'm tired of this character

Chindogg

If they put Superman or do some crossover bullshit, I'm 100% not buying. Fuck hero mash-ups.

Too bad because Joker is the focus character for Batman. Without Joker Batman's nothing.

I'm all for new games that people enjoy, but personally I'm kind of tired of Batman.

image.php

But what if Catwoman is in it?

More Asylum and less City. AA is the best of the three and this open city concept should go. No batmobile, driving around town signing little kids autographs BS. I want tight, focused narrative and gameplay. But alas, we'll probably get GTABatman :(

I'm all for if they combine the style of the two games. Make the batcave the main hub, having different areas around gotham that batman could travel to. (Not like Origins) The areas would be their own contained levels that could have more intricate layouts and detail.

sunnz

Just like the films, end it already.

Becoming like AC now.
Let other superheros have there game, like flash.

Kind of disappointed that Rocksteady isn´t going for something new or at least another superhero. Still pretty excited.

Please be next gen only.

Yep. Having trouble caring about the fourth mainline Batman in five years. Rocksteady have earned the chance to try their hand at something different.

What if this is a Batman Beyond game from rocksteady? They did have the Beyond costume in City, and the red around the logo would indeed match the color scheme from the Beyond universe...

emag

Nothing else in the DC universe is going to make them money. I can't imagine another DC property that would translate well.

Wonder Woman (around the time of the Superman X Batman movie) could work. Given her super-strength, sword, her anti-bullet bracers, and her lasso and you could have a solid character action game (Bayonetta X Metal Gear Rising).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm sorry to burst bubbles, but they're not going to make a Batman Beyond game because it's a niche interest relative to regular Batman and as a megabillion multinational Warrner wants to sells a gazillion copies of every game they make.

This is also why they've been putting out nigh-annual Arkham games.

Just like the films, end it already.

Becoming like AC now.
Let other superheros have there game, like flash.

It would be more like the Assassin's Creed franchise if the new game had nothing really to do with Batman anymore.

I will be worried if the new game is this...
pirate-batman.jpg

Allforce

It's Batman: Arkham Boardroom.

Half corporate rigamarole as Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Industries and half Batman beating up shareholders who offer ridiculous suggestions on the company's direction.

The developers for Arkham Origins really soured some folks on this series huh?

I skipped it so I'll be looking forward to the next installation by Rocksteady.

Kreunt

Banned
Yis, gimme more Rocksteady Arkham to help me forgot that Origins exists.

Half corporate rigamarole as Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Industries and half Batman beating up shareholders who offer ridiculous suggestions on the company's direction.

would be amazing.

Some Nobody

Then for everyone else's sake, I hope this is a game you have no interest in. A hero mash-up is the only way this would be interesting.

Too bad because Joker is the focus character for Batman. Without Joker Batman's nothing.

....What the fuck is this bullshit? You've played way too much Arkham.

Varth

>cue LEGO Movie scene

"who's this Bruce Wayne? Seems like a totally cool guy"

Top Bottom