• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Black Ops 2 SP and MP Details Leaked

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Didn't Woods
die       
in Black Ops?

Did Woods
continue to live a long and health life, in a small cabin somewhere in rural Maine
? Why, yes, yes he did.

sullytao

Dogs aren't so bad, its their hit-boxes and the lag/warping that accompanies them that's terrible.

Yeah that's a big part of it. It's nearly impossible to kill one close quarters because of the hit detection. Even then they seem to have as much, if not more, health than actual players.

maomaoIYP

Black Ops was much better balanced than Modern Warfare 2 or 3, so I'm expecting Black Ops 2 to be decently balanced as well. I also thought World at War was balanced pretty well.

Black ops was only more balanced than MW2, that's pretty much about it. MW3 has the best balance. 90% of BO players gravitated towards Famas and AK74, you'll see a much better range of weapons used in MW3. Also, there aren't any killstreaks that cannot be countered in MW3.

WaW doesn't have any balance whatsoever. Remember the useless perks (Shades? LOL) and MP40 juggernaut?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I remember awhile ago Treyarch on their own forums wrote..This Essay of an excuse for the reason they wont have dedicated servers in CoD. So I don't believe this personally.

However, they might end up doing a bait and switch, using dedi servers for year and then when next gen starts they will just shut down Black Ops 2 Multi.

hmm...

If there is dedicated server on the console version.....Halo 4 might be in trouble for the multiplayer space this fall.

I can't stress this enough, dedicated servers are most likely (I'm 98% sure) PC only. Activision has gone on record to state that dedicated servers will never come to consoles due to bandwidth costs etc. Methinks I should add that to the OP.

Of course, that could change, but I highly doubt it. Why spend on dedicated servers when they can save money and not do it? People will buy it either way.

Also, remember these are rumors, so take everything with a grain -- no a bag -- of salt. The source is from someone who claims to have spoken to an "associate producer" of Activision. So legitimacy is kinda questionable. Although some of the things mentioned do line-up with what we know so far (customizable loadouts that will let you choose perks over weapons, etc.).

Effect

I'm not going to lie. I'm far more interested in the single player offering (especially the strike missions) from Black Ops 2 then the multiplayer. I've always enjoyed the single player in CoD games. I'm naturally a single player gamer. Comes from playing countless RPGs over the years. Also looking forward to what Zombies is going to look like. On the Wii playing the same map over and over again quickl became very boring and on the PC finding groups was somewhat hard because I was low in level when it came to BO1. The single player and the survival missions/spec ops were my favorite parts of Modern Warfare 3. Sadly I tried those to late and by the time I did I had grown sick of the game and was already on my way to selling it.

Top Bottom