• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Crash Bandicoot is back... In Skylanders

Spaghetti

Don't really have a horse in this race, but I don't think it's Game Over for a proper new Crash sequel.

I don't think Activision would actually give up the licence for straight cash, and I'm not sure Sony would see the value in that anyway. It could be some kind of deal where both sides try to capitalise on Crash's resurgent popularity with a new PS4 exclusive standalone game, and PS4 exclusive Skylanders SKUs.

EDIT: I also think Sony know well enough that this alone will not go over well with the people interested in Crash. I'd say hold off on the tears until after Sony's conference is done.

Well looks like it's happening, shit.

CkoFW4oUgAEpWQ8.jpg

Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif

micster

Skylanders is for kids, right? No kids are going to know who Crash is. So surely it'd make sense to make a new Crash game to release in the same sort of time frame, so kids actually know what the character is.

My blind hope is fading

Skylanders is for kids, right? No kids are going to know who Crash is. So surely it'd make sense to make a new Crash game to release in the same sort of time frame, so kids actually know what the character is.

My blind hope is fading

This will probably more be marketed to millenial parents whose kids might be becoming the right age to pick up Skylanders.

This would be a typical disconnected execs decisons.
"Hey people on the internets want Crash, lets put him in a game for a completely different audience."

Why people think this removes the chance of a seperate Crash title rather than being an indicator for it is beyond me! Lighten up. Skylanders make lots of money.

Why people think this removes the chance of a seperate Crash title rather than being an indicator for it is beyond me! Lighten up. Skylanders make lots of money.

Because if crash is in Skylanders then IP does not belong to Sony and if the IP is not owned by Sony then we may not get good quality crash game which is why everyone worried.

Caayn

Then riddle me this, why would the Crash version be PS exclusive?
We don't know for certain that it's PS exclusive. For all we know it could be available for all platforms but the bug just occurs with the PS version. Let's await the official announcement before we go apeshit.

Never understand the hype about crash, the ps1 games were overrated. Non existant level design was basically just running hurdles with limited vision. There was much better platforming franchises in the 90s.

Then riddle me this, why would the Crash version be PS exclusive?

Because it was Playstation mascot so fans want them back to home where he started and Sony has been hinting for the last 3 years. Also if the IP belongs to Sony then they can give the game good budget and take risks on the IP compared to Activision.

Bowser & DK are Wii U/3DS exclusive. The big question with Crash will be if he's exclusive to a platform or not.

Crash is a PS4 exclusive. Both retailers who leaked it said it was PS4 exclusive, and if you try to select a non-PS4 platform for the Crash edition on Skylanders.com, it gives you an error saying no retailers are available.

For what it's worth, Skylanders.com also limits you to Toys R Us for preordering the Crash bundle.

Because it was Playstation mascot so fans want them back to home where he started and Sony has been hinting for the last 3 years. Also if the IP belongs to Sony then they can give the game good budget and take risks on the IP compared to Activision.
Sony do anything but take risks in 2016. They play it as safe as they can.

Home is relative. Final Fantasy started on the NES, should that go back home to Nintendo?

Should Souls games go only on PlayStation because at one time 20 years ago FromSoft released Kings Field?

The more people who can experience a product the better I say.

FyreWulff

Crash is a PS4 exclusive. Both retailers who leaked it said it was PS4 exclusive, and if you try to select a non-PS4 platform for the Crash edition on Skylanders.com, it gives you an error saying no retailers are available.

For what it's worth, Skylanders.com also limits you to Toys R Us for preordering the Crash bundle.

It's possible that acquiring him is exclusive to the Sony bundle but his character could work on any platform.

It's possible that acquiring him is exclusive to the Sony bundle but his character could work on any platform.

The Sony consoles' bundle is he same as any of the other platforms' starter pack, then there is a Crash bundle that can only be purchased for PS4. There are other starter packs for PS4 that do not include Crash, but his specific bundle is PS4 only.

So he's going the way of Spyro? Used as a marketing tool for Skylanders and then never to be seen or heard from ever again?

Thanks Activision. Glad to know the franchise is in good hands.

Sponge

Banned
So he's going the way of Spyro? Used as a marketing tool for Skylanders and then never to be seen or heard from ever again?

Thanks Activision. Glad to know the franchise is in good hands.

This thread will be hilarious in a few days. Both sides are assuming so much. We have no idea if this is all we're getting is this or if it's just cross promotion.

Top Bottom