• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Space 2 Unveiled In Next OPM

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
nskinnear said:
dead-space-2-first-look_big.jpg
bg4uog.jpg

Chrono

Banned
highluxury said:
yes. yes! yeesss! yeeeeesssssssssss!!!! YEEEES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS OH GOD YES YES YES YES YES YES! OH GOOOOD YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!11111!!1!1!11

...was it as good for me as it was for you?
25sop6g.gif

Uh...

MrHicks said:
did i miss the "EVERYTHING needs multiplayer" meeting?
aren't there enough countless games for your multiplayer fix?

you've got people in this thread asking for multiplayer/co-op for a fucking horror game
this gen fucking sucks its all gone to hell

all that money/energy/time put into the multi could be used to make the campaign that much more polished and epic

whats next CO-OP for the sequel to dragon age origins?
aaargh FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

THIS. THIS X1000000000.

nskinnear said:
Dead Space 2 teaser image?
Via SCRAWL

Dead Space twitter account:

dead-space-2-first-look_big.jpg

That is a very cool image... definitely looks like the marker. With the ink blots, is this implying that Isaac has gone full-on crazy and is in an institution? Maybe we'll get like hallucinatory gameplay mixed in. That might be interesting.

Edit: Oh snap, I just noticed that those crazy necro appendages are also part of the ink blot. Cool.

Oneself

Cool! While the 1st one wasn't perfect, it was still surprisingly good and well done.

My wishes:
less inventory management (God I had that type of shit)
MORE VARIED ENVIRONMENTS

Hydrargyrus

The monolith + two types of enemies (the baby and one normal necromorpher), isn't it??

Whatever, the next week we'll see it in the VGA

About the armour: please, keep this toaster helmet!! :lol

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Edit: Oh snap, I just noticed that those crazy necro appendages are also part of the ink blot. Cool.

Yeah, just noticed that too. See three different necros in the blot. The top are Slashers (Normal necros), middle are Lurkers (Baby necros) with their tentacles out, and the bottom looks like the head of a Leaper (the ones that leap lol).

Cool image, still can't wait for the article.

Cynar

I sorta liked the first one. Bought it for $10 at a futureshop sale earlier in the year and at that price I couldn't pass it up. Now I see they're wanting co-op and it's kind of turning me off. I'll probably pass on this just like RE5 if it's done wrong. :(

riceandbeans said:
Sequel needs moar Lexine and Extraction's crew because were sure ain't getting no Wii follow up.

Lexine sounds like the only good thing about Extractions from my vantage point. Looks like we need more of just her.

Revelations said:
Lexine sounds like the only good thing about Extractions from my vantage point. Looks like we need more of just her.

Well, I liked Extraction. Best rail shooter I've played in a while that had a good story, just way too easy though. Character development was on par with Dead Space on the next-gen consoles, something I wasn't expecting.

I am actually going through Dead Space right now. I'm on chapter 7 and it's an awesome experience for me playing it. The production value is heavy. And the sound is the most satisfying aspect of the game bar none.

Darkpen

Banned
THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER
BUT IT WILL _OTE__

Notes: the two circles indicated at the end indicate to me that its double lettered, thus the two underscores. I however can't figure some of them out because of how garbled the penmanship is. My guess is that the final letters are NDD, based on the glyph translation.

The letter immediately after the double Ls look too confusing do to the overhead line.

My assumption is that the final letters are "TO END," ignoring the two circles. This however doesn't explain why there isn't a third underscore, but that's because I can't figure out if that is indeed an N, but it does look like one. It also doesn't explain that T. Either way, I'm still figuring it out, but ultimately, its nothing informative. Just a teaser

Edit: Also, isntead of "WILL," there's a possibility of it being "OIL," with the next letter owning that second circle.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Darkpen said:
THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER
BUT IT WILL _OTE__

Notes: the two circles indicated at the end indicate to me that its double lettered, thus the two underscores. I however can't figure some of them out because of how garbled the penmanship is. My guess is that the final letters are NDD, based on the glyph translation.

The letter immediately after the double Ls look too confusing do to the overhead line.

My assumption is that the final letters are "TO END," ignoring the two circles. This however doesn't explain why there isn't a third underscore, but that's because I can't figure out if that is indeed an N, but it does look like one. It also doesn't explain that T. Either way, I'm still figuring it out, but ultimately, its nothing informative. Just a teaser
Perhaps it's:

The Nightmare Is Over
But It Will Not End

Darkpen

Banned
Nirolak said:
Perhaps it's:

The Nightmare Is Over
But It Will Not End
It looks close enough to the letters, and sounds about right, if you fudge some of the lines.

Yep, that's probably it. It doesn't explain that final circle, but maybe its a period? :S

Kuraudo

Banned
So it's both uniformative and a contradiction. I hope we get something solid soon. VGA will probably just be a swirling logo teaser though.

Darkpen

Banned
Huh, it looks like people posted the answer on twitpic (possibly earlier, I didn't check :S)

If so, what a waste of time :S

Kuraudo said:
So it's both uniformative and a contradiction. I hope we get something solid soon. VGA will probably just be a swirling logo teaser though.

Sounds like it refers to the nightmare being the Dead Space 1 incident, and the "not over" part meaning Issac is so mentally damaged after the events that he is still trapped in a nightmare state.

GCQuinton

EA just announced it:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Visceral Games, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) studio announced today that the award-winning Dead Space™ franchise will continue to frighten gamers with its stunning sequel, Dead Space 2. Hero Isaac Clarke returns for another heart-pounding adventure, taking the fight to the Necromorphs in this thrilling action-horror experience. New tools to gruesomely slice and dismember the Necromorphs complement Isaac's signature Plasma Cutter, empowering him as he meets new characters, explores epic Zero-G environments, and fights against a relentless necromorph onslaught. Survival isn't the only thing on Isaac's mind in Dead Space 2 – this time, he calls the shots.

“Like so many gamers worldwide, we love the Dead Space franchise and are very excited to announce a new game in the series,” said Nick Earl, Senior VP and Group General Manager at EA. “Visceral Games is quickly becoming known for delivering high-quality, action-packed games. Dead Space 2 is on target to deliver a jaw-dropping experience gamers won’t soon forget.”

“We’re thrilled to jump back into the series, making the next chapter in Isaac’s journey. The infection continues to spread throughout space and our hero Isaac Clarke is the only person able to contain it. There are still loads of necromorphs that need killing!” said Steve Papoutsis, Executive Producer of Dead Space 2. “In Dead Space 2, not everything is exactly as it seems. Expect plot twists that will surprise you and a huge cast of twisted, disgusting monsters that are sure to scare the daylights out of you.”

Originally launched in 2008, Dead Space quickly became one of EA’s top rated wholly-owned intellectual properties. With close to 100 industry awards and an average critic score of 89*, Dead Space became a hit with horror and videogame fans worldwide. In 2009, EA launched Dead Space Extraction, a prequel to the original Dead Space that expanded the fiction and brought the franchise to a new audience base.

Dead Space 2 is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and on PC. This product has not yet been rated by ESRB or PEGI. Follow us on twitter at: www.twitter.com/isaacclarke. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deadspace. For additional information and news, visit www.deadspacegame.com.

* According to Gamerankings.com and Metacritic.com

Majmun

Great! Loved the first one. One of my favorite 2008 games.

And I see a lot of monsters in that pattern.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Survival isn't the only thing on Isaac's mind in Dead Space 2 – this time, he calls the shots.
Survival isn't the only thing on Isaac's mind in Dead Space 2 – this time, he calls the shots.
HE. CALLS. THE. SHOTS. He is a shot-caller.

Does that mean nobody will be asking him to cross half the- well, whatever he's on- to fix things?

In 2009, EA launched Dead Space Extraction, a prequel to the original Dead Space that expanded the fiction and brought the franchise to a new audience base.
Not a large enough new audience. :(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Um, I think invading the enemy base to take on swarms of enemies and callin' the shots is pretty much the opposite of what 'survival horror' is suppose to be about...

Dead Space just got RE4'd!

bye bye genre.

Oh well, at least we got 1 real survival horror title out of Dead Space.
Still, I'm looking forward to Dead Space 2 as I'm sure whatever it turns out to be will still be sweet.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
cjelly said:
Why would you not start a new thread? I hate when people post new game announcements in the middle of old threads.
But this isn't a new game. We already knew it was coming and the press release says almost nothing.

Minamu

Lorr said:
God damn. I haven't played Dead Space yet, but that's such an awesome character design. I need to play this over winter break.
IIRC, that's a special suit you get on you second play through. The normal ones are sorta similar though. Just very different colors :) Go play it!

Dave1988 said:
It was a hallucination.

How?
The Hive-Mind was dead. The Marker was returned. There wouldn't have been any more hallucinations. Therefore, whatever attacked him wasn't a mere hallucination. It was real. So then the question becomes...what the hell could it have been? Hey, if it looks like Necro-Nicole, sounds like Necro-Nicole and moves like Necro-Nicole, then it probably was Necro-Nicole.

The Blue Jihad said:
How?
The Hive-Mind was dead. The Marker was returned. There wouldn't have been any more hallucinations. Therefore, whatever attacked him wasn't a mere hallucination. It was real. So then the question becomes...what the hell could it have been? Hey, if it looks like Necro-Nicole, sounds like Necro-Nicole and moves like Necro-Nicole, then it probably was Necro-Nicole.

Not a hallucination caused by the Marker, it was caused by Isaac's traumatic experiences and broken mind.

Top Bottom