• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR | Emily Rogers: Zelda news coming soon, this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is wonderful news. However, has she at all proven herself to be a credible source? My understanding is that she frequently gives out drips and drabs and they've just as often been right as wrong.

Just recently there was the Paper Mario thing.

She said Mother 3 was coming which hasn't been confirmed yet but I think Eurogamer vouched for it.

Ooccoo

Edit: Can a mod fix this title according to the updates?

We might be getting some news about the Z soon

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/718206658602610688

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/718207241292111875

Also: https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/718442460234407938

Really we might be getting some leaked news on Zelda? ������
hyrule-grass.gif

Update: Zelda U coming to Wii U and NX! and Female Link!

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/718451535135383553

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/718451700084789248

Get that gender choice out of my Zelda please.

Hagi

So many meltdowns if the female option is true. I really can't wait to see more of this and their new console. I hope it reignites gaming for me.

Peterc

Yes! I hope they will show the nx version.

I'm not interested in the female version, but good for the ones that asking for it.
Using a different character, it wouldn't be a zelda game anymore, but rather a spin-off.

diaspora

Link is a character though. I don't want a female link any more than I want a female Mario or a male Samus.

I would love a new character you could choose who is female, or Linkle, or something though.
Samus and Mario are fixed characters though, they're literally the same person in all their games. The Hero of Time generally isn't.

Voice acting and gender options sound bad but I'll accept it if I have to.
The idea of voice acting horrifies me especially though.

Not sure of speaking voiced English makes sense in that world but, sure.

Please don't give me shit for this.

Gender options are nice to have though.

That is wonderful news. However, has she at all proven herself to be a credible source? My understanding is that she frequently gives out drips and drabs and they've just as often been right as wrong.

She deserves the benefit of the doubt. She called Paper Mario for Wii U and if she has other people backing her with sources then I trust her.

Instro

This is a good point, but I like Link being a dude, just a preference.

Honestly I'd be fine with female Link so long as gender isn't optional. The game needs to enforce one or the other and stick to it, and shape events/story around that.

I'd point out that if they want to do any gender related events/narrative points(which has very rarely been a thing in Zelda), it's pretty easy to do even if there is a gender toggle. Many games with gender choices have already managed it over the years.

I think gender choice could be great. Hope they offer some distinct difference in appearance or gameplay. Zelda nx is the way for me then if it is confirmed.

balgajo

Don't believe due to the recent interviews where Aonuma insists in referring to Link as a man. But if it's true I'm definitely not buying it.

BiggNife

Don't believe due to the recent interviews where Aonuma insists in referring to Link as a man. But if it's true I'm definitely not buying it.

It's a toggle

You can still play as male Link and just ignore female Link entirely

Why would you not buy it

maxcriden

Just recently there was the Paper Mario thing.

She said Mother 3 was coming which hasn't been confirmed yet but I think Eurogamer vouched for it.

She deserves the benefit of the doubt. She called Paper Mario for Wii U and if she has other people backing her with sources then I trust her.

Yes, and I believe both of those are true. However, with PM she wasn't the only one to report this. Am I misremembering that there are other rumors she's gotten wrong? I guess the coming back/leaving/posting about how she's not supposed to say this stuff and will get in trouble with her boss, etc., just sticks in my craw a bit.

(DC, I generally agree people merit the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. I just don't know what her overall track record is like.)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'd rather just play as Zelda rather than gender swapping Link, but the other rumors sound juicy. Especially the voice acting.

Koozek

Taking Zelda lore seriously is so cringeworthy. Story has always been an afterthought in Zelda games. Link is a silent hero and not the same "established" character in every game, anway. Now I'm sure some of you will start quoting proof of Link being referenced as a boy in the games' lore again... I don't care. It's just not the same as if Square Enix would suddenly decide to make Cloud female in FFVII Remake.

Female Link would be cool. Playable Zelda would be cool, too.

BiggNife

Get that gender choice out of my Zelda please.

What's up with all of these posts where people are seemingly angry about the potential of a female Link and give zero reasons why

I don't fucking get it

You can just ignore it! Just pick male Link! PROBLEM SOLVED!

Why is giving players a choice a bad thing??????

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

LiamR

Liam, my understanding or impression is that you and she have a lot of shared sources. Have you heard any of these same things?

The only thing I hadn't heard anything about was the voice acting thing. I'm busy with my own stuff so I haven't actively looked into any of this myself. I just heard rumours. From my experience, Emily's very responsible, so I will take her word on this and I would bet she's talked to plenty of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom