• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to Switch, gameplay to be shown at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final-Fantasy-VII1.jpg

I found a screenshot of it.

Honestly getting a port of the original FFVII wouldn't be so bad.

Eolz

It's not really taking risks.
It's a UE4 game, not an exclusive, and S-E is one of the biggest Switch supporters.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder if he's just taking the rumor from gaf- IIRC there is a poster who has leaked some stuff before hinting at this (Orgen?)

More of a reason not to buy it then. Means graphically and performance wise will be scaled back to work on the switch. Oh maybe they should finished it before talking about releasing it else where.

It's UE 4, it's possible. If it really comes to Switch the Ps4 version will looks much better anyway.

Effect

Like said even without the rumor it makes sense that this could very well be a possiblity. Switch doing well after launch. Is capable of running UE4 and has full support. UE4 is scaleable and we already have examples of a game being on the PS4 and Switch using the same engine. We'll know even more how well this could hold up once we see Switch footage of Dragon Quest 11. The Switch is portable and rpgs do extremely well on portables be they the DS, PSP, Vita, 3DS, and mobile. FF7Remake, the full experience, on a portable device would do insanely well for Square Enix and Nintendo.

seb

Banned
It's not so out there, they did say "FF7:R will appear first on PS4" from the get go after all.

Doubt it. I feel like Sony wouldn't allow a Switch version to be shown. The game's being made available first on PS4.

Then the twist is that Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch. The PC version.

Dont care too much either way. I'd probably prefer it not since the Switch just isn't very powerful but what I would like to see is a release date. Is it 2018? 2020? Would be nice to know...

Tankard

My 3rd degree cousin also heard from his neighbour's nephew something similar, therefore confirming this story.

Kikujiro

It may come to Switch, but it's clearly coming first on PS4 (and PC) and Sony has the marketing, so I don't see how they are going to show the game on Swith at E3.

And I don't think a tweet from a random guy is believable news.

alemmon

While I would rather play this on PS4, it wouldn't surprise me with Cloud being in Smash Bros. And the more people that get to play it, the better.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nothing about this rumor makes sense. It's amazing how easy it is to start a rumor on Twitter from a "second hand source" and then make a thread on NeoGAF about it.

dugdug

Banned
The game is scheduled to release first on PS4.

Does anyone honestly believe we'll get footage of the game on any platform besides PS4 before release? Come on, now.

Boke1879

"Play it first" doesn't mean it can't come later to the Switch,

Either way I'm excited to see more gameplay of it, it's been long enough,

Not doubt it would ever come to the Switch.

But play it first on PS4 would mean to me it makes no sense to believe this rumor. Why would they show gameplay on the Switch at E3?

The first 2 times we saw this game was at Sony's E3 and at PSX.

Right, but it means it would have to be exclusive to PS4 for a brief period before being announced and released for other platforms.

I just want more gameplay too lol.

This is prime bait for Sony and Nintendo GAF to go at each other's throats yet again
Yes.

DKHF

I wonder if he's just taking the rumor from gaf- IIRC there is a poster who has leaked some stuff before hinting at this (Orgen?)
Yeah this was my first thought for the source. Dystify even brought up Orgen's teasing when the topic of FFVIIR Switch came up in a Media Create thread.

I think this rumor is somewhat believable considering the fact that FFVII won't be out until 2020 when Nvidia will release their Tegra 3 and Nintendo can use it for their Switch successor/iterative upgrade.

Zedark

If 15 isn't coming to Switch, why would VII Remake?
Why not? FFXV is harder to port because it uses a custom engine, and thus doesn't have the UE4 integration, and apparently Luminous scales really badly to lower specs (which is why XB1 runs sub-900p a lot of the time).

Still doubtful about the rumour, but I won't tule it out right now. We'll see at E3 I guess.

komplanen

It would be great, if true. I just can't imagine how vastly different undocked Switch version would look from the PS4 version. Unfair comparison, I know, but still :-3

FelipeMGM

Distify is a gaffer right? Get a mod to verificate that with him so we can see how legit this could be

yeah, if this happens, and the PS4 First thing didnt change that would be really weird

''Hey guys, here is gameplay from FFVII Remake on Switch!

It wont be on Switch when the game launches tho, but look forward to it''

Effect

Unless we know the details of the "Play it first" deal that could just mean the PS4 gets it a month ahead of the other versions.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I seriously doubt it

jokkir

I'm expecting another version that coincides with the PS4 version. Maybe something closer to the original in terms of mechanics but, of course, visually superior to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom