• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel_DvA

iaBsS0Jl.jpg

LMAO...

giphy.gif

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
We saw a bunch of CG man. I think there was only one gameplay trailer of VsXIII. In terms of an actual game, I think we saw about the same amount of footage.
Over the last decade? No. No no no no. No. It's not even close.

Also, this project was announced before TLG...

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the news tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is this game delayed? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Final Fantasy in September. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Tabata had it under control???? This is so fucked.

Yeah, it's almost like Square just shot themselves in the foot! ;)

So was Final Fantasy 15 *shrugs*

FF15 is a huge game. 2.8 is a HD remaster of a 3DS game and a short playable episode from which probably like 1/3 was included in E3 demo.

Like you can look at FF15 and a delay is in no way surprising, that game is in rough shape. 2.8 is basically a finished product.

RPGCrazied

Really what can be done in 2 months? Doesn't making the discs, boxing them, and sending them out to retailers take a bit of time? I'm guessing a massive day one patch?

Audioboxer

Really what can be done in 2 months? Doesn't making the discs, boxing them, and sending them out to retailers take a bit of time?

A little bit so imagine the game needing to be ready in a few weeks or so for current date lol.

Well, once it goes gold you then shift to the day 1 patch.

Really what can be done in 2 months? Doesn't making the discs, boxing them, and sending them out to retailers take a bit of time?

The game will be released in the end of November, so they have all of October and September now to continue the development of it. Game usually go gold a month before their release date.

And just like BvS it's gonna get an "ultimate" patch.

So whatever.

Now let's pray for NEO version because that IQ is so abysmal it kills any hype.

That analogy fails because the the Ultimate edition sucks just about as much as the theatrical cut.

I really don't see a NEO version (if there is one) being any better than the base game. Any problems with the IQ and framerate are strictly engine related. And then you begin to wonder what kind of black magic it took for the FOX engine to be made.

Boke1879

Really what can be done in 2 months? Doesn't making the discs, boxing them, and sending them out to retailers take a bit of time? I'm guessing a massive day one patch?

Day one patches exist and I'd assume two months is quite a bit of time in regards to polish and bug fixing.

Best to do it today or tomorrow and just get it out the way.

Sony's strategy with Horizon was smart. They announced the delay before E3. Hell, Nintendo did that with Zelda, too. So by the time E3 happened, people were already over it.

They should do the same here. Persona 5's wasn't good because they had an amazing trailer and only revealed the delay at the end. The delay ended up becoming the main talking point surrounding the game.

someone doesn't have to be lying for plans to change lol

Well if there is a delay it will be 100% to move it further from XV I guess. But I just don't see that because it's, you know, a HD remaster.

And I didn't mean the lying part being about a possible delay rather than the game being already finished and them just polishing for like 6 months. I don't think Tabata and co. were lying when they gave the date for XV ect.

Arkeband

Banned
Well keep in mind this is the game where we went from this in March 2015 (as playable on actual consumer PS4s):

To this:

And here's a smaller version of the old area from March 2015 to confirm it's not just a location thing:

I think it's safe to say things aren't going super well.

This is why I'm saying there has to be something more fundamentally wrong with the game than needing "polish". The game will have multiple patches just like any other game, the only reason they would push it back to the furthest date they can in 2016 is a desperate attempt for more serious development.

And people need to stop using Naughty Dog doing whatever it is they did for TLOU to reason that S-E is doing some equally miraculous work with their own garbage engine.

Zedark

I mean, before the delay they would need to put a working product on the disc on september 1 latest (or whatever), now that date is november 1. A delay doesn't mean packaging time just spontaneously appears ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom