• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Square Enix spent the GDP of a small nation to tell you about a mobile game, a YouTube anime, and a licensed car you can't buy just to hype you up for a release date that they're missing

Ydelnae

I'm so much happier now that I'm dead. Technically missing. Soon to be presumed dead. Gone.

And this lazy oblivious and incompetent "Square-Enix" company will go to prison for my murder. Hajime Tabata took my pride and my dignity and my hope and my money. He took and took from me until I no longer existed. That's murder. Let the punishment fit the crime. To fake a convincing release date for Final Fantasy fucking Versus XIII you have to have discipline. You befriend a local idiot. Harvest the details of her hundrum life and cram her with stories about how development is "doing fine", how the the game is already playable from start to finish. Secretly create some money troubles: feature length film, anime, mobile apps, eau de toilette bullshit. With the help of the unwitting, bump up your life insurance. Purchase the Ultimate Edition. Square-Enix Store. Generic. Overpriced. Pay cash. You need to package yourself so that people will truly mourn your loss. And I don't know how much you know about Japan, but they truly believe in honor.. . You know what's hard? Faking your excitement for this game. First, you pretend to follow all the dishearting news about this trainwerk of a game. Watch every damn ATR stream. Wake up at fucking 3.a.m just to see how this man has deleted Stella Nox Fleuret, my girl, from this game. Then you steal a Final Fantasy Type-0 copy. And you pretend to like it. Voila! The platinum demo plays like ass. You wasted 60 dollars on a PSP port and a 15 minute demo that can't even reach 20 fps. Happy 9th Anniversary of this game's announcement. But then you go on NeoGAF, and post "wow I loved the demo tabata is doing a great job :)" while you dry off the tears running down your face. Wait for the clueless director to announce the release date. Off he goes... and the clock is ticking. 40 days away from the release day and they haven't even shown console footage yet. You feel fisically ill. A lot. A lot. A lot. You start to post about how the Neo version will save the game. How the game still retains that Tetsuya Nomura-sama magic, even though you damn now deep in yourself that's one hell of a lie. June. E3 starts and they fucking bring a broken demo on stage. "It was Matt fault, I'm sure of it". I repeat to myself. But everyone else playing the demo booths agrees that it is just bad. And because you're you, you don't stop there. You go back. To the day this fucking game was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Start with the fairy-tale days. Noctis slamming soldiers with this cool looking weapon. Multiple playable characters. A blonde female character that looks hot and it's not some damsel in distress trophy wife. Those are true. After that, you invent. "Versus was supposed to be a Romeo and Juliet adaptation". "The game was supposed to be tragic, not a roadtrip" The spending, the abuse, the fear, the threat of violence. And Nojima thought he was the writer... burn it, just the right amount. Make sure the fans will find it. Finally, honor tradition with a very special treasure hunt. And if I get everything right, the world will hate Tabata for killing his beautiful, legacy franchise. And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu scree? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG". And that's when the people will know, Final Hajime Tabata dumped this franchise like garbage, and she floated past all the other abused, unwanted, inconvenient franchises like Silent Hill and Metroid. The Final Fantasy XV fans will be fone, but then we never really existed. We loved a game we pretended to like.

"A true Final Fantasy game".

Gamers always use that, don't they? As their defining compliment: "World of Final Fantasy is a true FF game, not this boy band garbage". A true Final Fantasy game is hot. A true Final Fantasy game is game. A true Final Fantasy game is fun. A true Final Fantasy game never makes its fans angry. She only smiles in a chagrined, loving manner. And then presents is turn based combat system. The fan likes what he likes, so evidently he's a vinyl hipster who loves fetish Manga. If he likes girls gone wild, Tifa Lockhart was a good example of empowering woman design. Cindy Highwind is sexist trash.. When I met Hajime Tabata I knew he wanted "true final fantasy experiencel". And for him, I'll admit: Final Fantasy XV truly was it. He created an empty overworld just like that Final Fantasy VII game everyone loves. He rewrothe story to fit that Game of Thrones show everyone loves. He put food into the game because we all love food. He showed the game, semi-regularly. I lived in the moment. Duscae for three years. I was fuckingin game. I can't say I didn't enjoy some of it. Tabata teased out in me things I didn't know existed. A lightness, a humor, an ease. But I made him smarter. Sharper. I inspired him to rise to my level. I forged the developer of my dreams. We were happy pretending to be other people. We were the happiest couple we knew. And what's the point of being together if you're not the happiest? But Tabata got lazy. He delayed the game. He actually expected me to love support his game unconditionally. And before finishing with the game, he dragged me to the season pass full of content cut from the game, expecting me to put other 40 dollars on DLC bullshit.

You think I'd let him destroy me and end up happier than ever?

No fucking way.

He doesn't get to win. I don't know how much the rest of you know abouts social culture (I'm an expert), but grown-ups work for things. Grown-ups pay.

Grown-ups suffer consequences.

theofficefan99

I see we're still at the denial stage.

Yeah you're right, I'm completely in denial.

I don't care much either way, I'll be happy if it's Sept. 30th still, and if it's delayed to Nov. 29th, I'll be happy the game is getting more polish.

I'm just saying considering how easy it is to photoshop that, that photo doesn't hold much gravity, really... IDK.

chozen

I mean i'm neither happy or upset about the delay, but what's more interesting to me is if this real or fake.

Nothing STILL as of right now is solid proof I need SEs official word this week.

Because they can launch and patch we get the game sooner OR They can delay and polish and we get the game late for "Grafix".

At least there's no collision with last guardian. I'm a one game at a time kind of guy. That one won't be delayed.....
I am afraid to tell you this bad news but majority of First Party or Sony published games were delayed this generation.

I mean i'm neither happy or upset about the delay, but what's more interesting to me is if this real or fake.

Nothing STILL as of right now is solid proof I need SEs official word this week.

Because they can launch and patch we get the game sooner OR They can delay and polish and we get the game late for "Grafix".
They are not Bethesda or CD Project Red that can afford to avoid the backlash if the game is technically incompetent. Look at NMS and the backlash it received at launch. This is one game that should have been released after 1 year, not this week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah you're right, I'm completely in denial.

I don't care much either way, I'll be happy if it's Sept. 30th still, and if it's delayed to Nov. 29th, I'll be happy the game is getting more polish.

I'm just saying considering how easy it is to photoshop that, that photo doesn't hold much gravity, really... IDK.

It's not a photoshop.

wmlk

I'm so much happier now that I'm dead. Technically missing. Soon to be presumed dead. Gone.

And this lazy oblivious and incompetent "Square-Enix" company will go to prison for my murder. Hajime Tabata took my pride and my dignity and my hope and my money. He took and took from me until I no longer existed. That's murder. Let the punishment fit the crime. To fake a convincing release date for Final Fantasy fucking Versus XIII you have to have discipline. You befriend a local idiot. Harvest the details of her hundrum life and cram her with stories about how development is "doing fine", how the the game is already playable from start to finish. Secretly create some money troubles: feature length film, anime, mobile apps, eau de toilette bullshit. With the help of the unwitting, bump up your life insurance. Purchase the Ultimate Edition. Square-Enix Store. Generic. Overpriced. Pay cash. You need to package yourself so that people will truly mourn your loss. And I don't know how much you know about Japan, but they truly believe in honor.. . You know what's hard? Faking your excitement for this game. First, you pretend to follow all the dishearting news about this trainwerk of a game. Watch every damn ATR stream. Wake up at fucking 3.a.m just to see how this man has deleted Stella Nox Fleuret, my girl, from this game. Then you steal a Final Fantasy Type-0 copy. And you pretend to like it. Voila! The platinum demo plays like ass. You wasted 60 dollars on a PSP port and a 15 minute demo that can't even reach 20 fps. Happy 9th Anniversary of this game's announcement. But then you go on NeoGAF, and post "wow I loved the demo tabata is doing a great job :)" while you dry off the tears running down your face. Wait for the clueless director to announce the release date. Off he goes... and the clock is ticking. 40 days away from the release day and they haven't even shown console footage yet. You feel fisically ill. A lot. A lot. A lot. You start to post about how the Neo version will save the game. How the game still retains that Tetsuya Nomura-sama magic, even though you damn now deep in yourself that's one hell of a lie. June. E3 starts and they fucking bring a broken demo on stage. "It was Matt fault, I'm sure of it". I repeat to myself. But everyone else playing the demo booths agrees that it is just bad. And because you're you, you don't stop there. You go back. To the day this fucking game was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Start with the fairy-tale days. Noctis slamming soldiers with this cool looking weapon. Multiple playable characters. A blonde female character that looks hot and it's not some damsel in distress trophy wife. Those are true. After that, you invent. "Versus was supposed to be a Romeo and Juliet adaptation". "The game was supposed to be tragic, not a roadtrip" The spending, the abuse, the fear, the threat of violence. And Nojima thought he was the writer... burn it, just the right amount. Make sure the fans will find it. Finally, honor tradition with a very special treasure hunt. And if I get everything right, the world will hate Tabata for killing his beautiful, legacy franchise. And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu scree? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG". And that's when the people will know, Final Hajime Tabata dumped this franchise like garbage, and she floated past all the other abused, unwanted, inconvenient franchises like Silent Hill and Metroid. The Final Fantasy XV fans will be fone, but then we never really existed. We loved a game we pretended to like.

Gamers always use that, don't they? As their defining compliment: "World of Final Fantasy is a true FF game, not this boy band garbage". A true Final Fantasy game is hot. A true Final Fantasy game is game. A true Final Fantasy game is fun. A true Final Fantasy game never makes its fans angry. She only smiles in a chagrined, loving manner. And then presents is turn based combat system. The fan likes what he likes, so evidently he's a vinyl hipster who loves fetish Manga. If he likes girls gone wild, Tifa Lockhart was a good example of empowering woman design. Cindy Highwind is sexist trash.. When I met Hajime Tabata I knew he wanted "true final fantasy experiencel". And for him, I'll admit: Final Fantasy XV truly was it. He created an empty overworld just like that Final Fantasy VII game everyone loves. He rewrothe story to fit that Game of Thrones show everyone loves. He put food into the game because we all love food. He showed the game, semi-regularly. I lived in the moment. Duscae for three years. I was fuckingin game. I can't say I didn't enjoy some of it. Tabata teased out in me things I didn't know existed. A lightness, a humor, an ease. But I made him smarter. Sharper. I inspired him to rise to my level. I forged the developer of my dreams. We were happy pretending to be other people. We were the happiest couple we knew. And what's the point of being together if you're not the happiest? But Tabata got lazy. He delayed the game. He actually expected me to love support his game unconditionally. And before finishing with the game, he dragged me to the season pass full of content cut from the game, expecting me to put other 40 dollars on DLC bullshit.

No fucking way.

He doesn't get to win. I don't know how much the rest of you know abouts social culture (I'm an expert), but grown-ups work for things. Grown-ups pay.

Holy shit.

evrecheto

Banned
Please don't tell me... I mean I know you are a junior... but that meme.

This topic has it all if people don't know the heavily overused Japanese culture expert meme.

No hard feelings friend but that post was bait ;(

No, I wasn't aware of the meme. Being unaware of a meme is fine compared to the melodrama of people getting upset about a game being delayed.

1mm

Neo Member

No fucking way.

oh my god...

4HOuepH.gif

this thread is a mess i am here for it

4HOuepH.gif

No fucking way.

This is a parody, right?

..right?

Where is this one from?

Kindekuma

Banned
Square Enix spent the GDP of a small nation to tell you about a mobile game, a YouTube anime, and a licensed car you can't buy just to hype you up for a release date that they're missing

That's the part that gets me the most. That entire event only to lead up to this.

Pooya

It's really embarrassing after all that extravaganza. Makes you question how they operate and manage internally, not knowing they can hit the date for sure but going ahead that kind of reveal. Shit happens, things get delayed but nobody does it like Square Enix...

No fucking way.

Copypasta much?

No fucking way.

Wylo7K7.gif

mdubs

Banned

No fucking way.

stairs.gif

No fucking way.

bT7BAsp.gif

Well done

Neoxon

Eh, as long as they polish the game up with the extra time they have, I don't mind.

If nothing else, Persona 5 won't have any competition when it comes out in Japan.

GunBR

this game will be one of the biggest cluster fucks in video game history. It's going to be sooo bad.
After playing both demos and watching every trailer, I really doubt that

But I can see the game getting a 75-79 on metacritic, what will make the Internet go crazy and people will say how SE and FF are doomed

Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced for release on the yet unreleased PlayStation 3 home console a month before Persona 3 was released for the PlayStation 2

Toth

Frankly I am concerned about WoFF making its release date as well. It will be very hard to trust SE's 'confidence'.

No fucking way.

Calm down Amazing Amy

No fucking way.

Listening to this while reading makes this post so much better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocx2wwxHQFE

theofficefan99

But I can see the game getting a 75-79 on metacritic, what will make the Internet go crazy and people will say how SE and FF are doomed

Perhaps I'm delusional but there's no way in hell this game will have a 75-79 on Metacritic. Come on.

probably will get some above average reviews on FF hype alone.
it'll be garbage tier trash and run like dog poo on consoles, i'm sure of it.
things like this never turn out good.

i would be happy to be wrong tho as i'm lusting for a good FF.

mdubs

Banned
It's over, period. Square lost their last ace, and that's the end of their FFXV hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for FFXV. Square has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in FFXV. Except if they want to play FFXVI. Which will also come to PS4 at some point before FFXV.

The age of Square is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom