• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy XV slated for June - by Amazon Japan.

Guys, this is 100% fake.

The listing is in English on Amazon.jp (never happens for anything official)

The price is 180$ (at most this game will be 80 in Japan)

Sorry. Someone is having a funny.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Dead on for me, they really need to move to a new setting.

Or at the very least turn things on their head with a new dynamic. Persona with a schoolteacher MC.

Hell, I'd take it.

Yeah, something different. Anything different. I think the "you're in primary school!" thing is just way too popular for Atlus to go in a different direction, though.

Well, let's hope for the best.

RK128

I really don't want to be negative about this game but after waiting 10 years and seeing what they've done with it, my hype is pretty flaccid. The whole FFVII Remake being split into multiple "episodes" and this game being delayed so long makes me think Square is just putting out this game to make a quick buck. Shows a lack of central leadership and direction to me

Considering FFVII is a large game and they are remaking from the top-to-bottom, it being cut-up to absorb more of the costs going into the project isn't shocking.

I just hope that FFVII being released in parts (bet not be more then three; three is a good number) leads to the game being expanded, not cut down from the original PS1 release.

The game IS coming out in 2016 though; the game is content complete and all that is left is bug testing, polishing up mechanics and the like. I could see it being a summer release but Square likely doesn't want to rush the title and because of that, it will land in the fall where it has more room to breath.

Oh, I know, it's definitely coming out in 2016. I've been saying so for months, but there are those that refuse to believe it. Last I heard, they were shooting for a Q3 2016 release date. Would make sense, given what we know.

RK128

Oh, I know, it's definitely coming out in 2016. I've been saying so for months, but there are those that refuse to believe it. Last I heard, they were shooting for a Q3 2016 release date. Would make sense, given what we know.

Okay, that's good to hear :).

A lot is pointing to FFXV being a world-wide Fall 2016 release, while Neir 2 releases before and KH 2.8 HD releases after.

Past Persona games were all very strong (even the spin-offs) while the FF brand got badly damaged last generation with the FFXIII series. Thankfully FFXIV is a great MMO and spin-offs in the series like World of FF and FF Explorers look promising, so that should be a strong sign of the series returning back to the quality that FFX and FFXII had.
How long are people going to hold the ffxiii trilogy over squares heads my god.

Sou Da

Hell, I'd take it.

Yeah, something different. Anything different. I think the "you're in primary school!" thing is just way too popular for Atlus to go in a different direction, though.

Well, let's hope for the best.

I'd make all the romance links be with your student characters and throw in an unforeseen bad ending for any players that went with it.

RK128

How long are people going to hold the ffxiii trilogy over squares heads my god.

Well what came out under the FF name for an entire generation during the PS3 and 360 cycle? The FFXIII games and the original release of FFXIV.

During the PS1 era we got three FF's (VII, VIII, & IX) and the PS2 era got three FF's (X, X-2, XII) plus the MMO FF).

So, the PS1 and PS2 era's got the better deal for FF as you had many games if you hated one of them. FF fans who hated the XIII games had nothing else BUT the XIII games to play (outside of handheld spin-offs and ports).

So that is why I commented on the XIII games in my post.

Koozek

Eh, I really don't like the sound of a July release :/ I will have been waiting actively for 6 years or so next year, so another 2-3 months wouldn't be killing me and a few more weeks for putting the final touches to a game of this scale would certainly not hurt.
Late September would be perfect for me with hopefully all exams done by then and a few weeks until the Fall semester starts.

They been working on it for like 10 years
No. Do your homework. If you're generous it's been 3.5 years since mid-2012, though they were only working on a target-render prototype for next-gen only until around E3 2013, so 3 years total would be a bit more appropriate.

idontbelieveyou.gif

This sums up my feelings. Perfect first post.

I doubt it comes out before June.

DR2K

Banned
Wouldn't be so sure of that. Atlus has openly talked about wanting to move towards WW (minus EU) release for P5.

It's nice to want things. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

If Persona V ends up being good and FFXV ends up being a dumb shit fest, it'll be in their best interest to release Persona after it.

Ray Down

Banned
I know a lot of people actually like those menus (and that's cool and all), but I find them to be very try hard. Just don't care for it. Then again, I also think XV needed work based on the demo.

Here was the last time we say the menu:
0e2c3313.jpg

At this point, I am more worried about Persona 5 than FFXV.

Seriously. Winter 2014.

Don't forget the europe which they will probably get it in 2018 :p

kevin1025

Banned
Summer would be cool! I always expected it to be a January/February 2017 game, so any sooner than that is okay with me. Now to wait a few months to hopefully know for sure!

Over the past year, I've been seeing this "Persona is a big franchise" sentiment on GAF quite a lot. You're mistaken. It's not that big. Sure, it can rack up around 800k-1m sales worldwide, but it's definitely a niche title, and by no means is it mass market.

I think you, and many people on this board are seriously over exaggerating the appeal of Persona. It sells a lot, within a very specific target demographic. Outside of that, most people don't even know what it is, and will never "Get" what it is either. It pales in comparison to Final Fantasy, but that goes without saying.

By retail standards, yeah.

There are smaller niches, but that doesn't make this a mass market title. You couldn't get greenlit at many publishers without three times those sales.

He said "Persona is niche, even within a niche genre". It's not a mass market title, but to say it's a niche within a niche when it's among the least obscure games in its genre is nonsense. Niche among JRPGs is stuff that no one's ever heard of like the Wizard of Oz game on DS or the Skies of Arcadia rip-off.

Persona is what, the 4th best selling modern JRPG series after Pokemon/FF/DQ? That last one is competitive with Persona outside Japan.

MSMrRound

Atlus wouldn't release their game to against FF15, that would be suicide.

They should move out of the way for FF15.

FFXV will definitely sell more than Persona 5. That one I can't deny.

However, you might be underestimating how many many people in Japan/Worldwide (Europe might or might not be included in this equation*) are looking forward to Persona 5.

I'm sure Persona 5 will still do well, even if they really end up going at one another's throats.

Chilikar

Guys, this is 100% fake.

The listing is in English on Amazon.jp (never happens for anything official)

The price is 180$ (at most this game will be 80 in Japan)

Sorry. Someone is having a funny.

It was translated on Google or something, the original page itself is in Japanese. Pricing part is where I get skeptical

I liked the entire trilogy people need to get over it now they messed up alil. But their output and schedule so far looks really good. I believe ffxv will be a very good game

I like FFXIII too but there's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said and I'm not sure why it warranted such a response. It's not even like his mention of it was overly offensive/disrespectful or spiteful. People will "get over" the games when they start getting back to releasing single player mainline FFs that are much more well received than those.

Game is shipped and sold by サカグチスタンプ商会(international shipping) 代引可能 (not amazon.co.jp). I think the system will display the earliest date listed by sellers.

I like FFXIII too but there's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said and I'm not sure why it warranted such a response. It's not even like his mention of it was overly offensive/disrespectful or spiteful. People will "get over" the games when they start getting back to releasing single player mainline FFs that are much more well received than those.
So out of 14 ff's we should all just harp on one that came out really bad(not really). And what was wrong with my response? I can question why ffxiii has to be bought up every ffxv thread

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Persona 5 better not be fucking moved cause of FF friggen 15. Its been 10 years, we can wait until fall.

danthefan

So out of 14 ff's we should all just harp on one that came out really bad(not really). And what was wrong with my response? I can question why ffxiii has to be bought up every ffxv thread

Out of 14 main FF games?

It's the most recent single player FF game. Of course it's the most relevant.

It gets brought up because the game was trash and caused people to not really trust Sqeenix anymore pretty much. And again, the context being it's the most recent and relevant FF game.

If you haven't noticed, a lot of people consider all of the FFXIII games bad. Regardless of your personal opinion on the games, the FFXIII series did damage the brand. That's just a fact. He brought it up because it was relevant to his comment about how he thinks recent events show good signs of FF restoring some of its former glory with FFXV, after last gen being dominated by FFXIII had damaged it. It was just relevant to his post about FFXV. I'm not sure how that's an issue.

If you haven't noticed, a lot of people consider all of the FFXIII games bad. Regardless of your personal opinion on the games, the FFXIII series did damage the brand. That's just a fact. He brought it up because it was relevant to his comment about how he thinks recent events show good signs of FF restoring some of its former glory with FFXV, after last gen being dominated by FFXIII had damaged it. It was just relevant to his post about FFXV. I'm not sure how that's an issue.

While FF13 damaged the brand is also worth mentioning that FF14 original release was also a mess that required pulling people from other projects to come in and salvage the product.

Look i get it. I just dont see the point to keep holding that trilogy over their heads. If a game looks promising it looks promising. Take star ocean 5 threads, you walk in those threads and you dont get some hype some speculation, not people saying o star ocean 4 was trash(because it certainly was) im worried for star ocean 5. If a game looks good it looks good. My argument with the original poster was he pointed out how atlus output with persona even spinoffs was good( i personally hate persona Q and dancing all night). I just think it's time we give them a chance

Look i get it. I just dont see the point to keep holding that trilogy over their heads. If a game looks promising it looks promising. Take star ocean 5 threads, you walk in those threads and you dont get some hype some speculation, not people saying o star ocean 4 was trash(because it certainly was) im worried for star ocean 5. If a game looks good it looks good. My argument with the original poster was he pointed out how atlus output with persona even spinoffs was good( i personally hate persona Q and dancing all night). I just think it's time we give them a chance

Not everyone feels the same way as you. Some people are skeptical about this game because of their recent output, and that's fine. Not everyone has to see things your way.

RK was being optimistic about the game anyway. He didn't bring that up as a reason to be skeptical about FFXV.

Not everyone feels the same way as you. Some people are skeptical about this game because of their recent output, and that's fine. Not everyone has to see things your way.

RK was being optimistic about the game anyway. He didn't bring that up as a reason to be skeptical about FFXV.
But your making it out like i was making my way seem definitive..i feel like your making it more than what it is i just asked him how long were people going to hold that trilogy at square

Well what came out under the FF name for an entire generation during the PS3 and 360 cycle? The FFXIII games and the original release of FFXIV.

During the PS1 era we got three FF's (VII, VIII, & IX) and the PS2 era got three FF's (X, X-2, XII) plus the MMO FF).

So, the PS1 and PS2 era's got the better deal for FF as you had many games if you hated one of them. FF fans who hated the XIII games had nothing else BUT the XIII games to play (outside of handheld spin-offs and ports).

So that is why I commented on the XIII games in my post.

In fact i didn't even know you commented back this makes sense thanks for the explanation.

Top Bottom