• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Half Life possible announcement at Gamescom?

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Buggy Loop

most likely HL: Alyx coming to PSVR2

They wouldn't hold a conference for that. Valve is the kind of company to just shadow drop a game with just a video.

If they're REALLY holding a conference, I put my money 100% on Deckard announcement. They have to mitigate hype for Quest 3 sales and have peoples salivating for their next headset in development, otherwise bye bye market share. It's also a few weeks before Quest 3 release.

Half Life Alyx 2 while we're at it because headsets need killer games

“They won’t do half life 3” Like, did none of you play Alyx? The game basically exists to setup HL3.

Well since VR is kind of niche, i guess not that many, but you're absolutely right. Half Life 3 will be VR.

Announce Deckard headset + Half Life 3 for free with it if you preorder = Steam store crash.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, Valve really need Gamescom to make announcements when they have a platform serving 60,000,000 people daily.

Smiggs

Yeah, Valve really need Gamescom to make announcements when they have a platform serving 60,000,000 people daily.
I think at this point they just love fucking with us. I bet the jerks at Valve take turns high fiving each other after every "leak" about Half Life 3 drops, all the while staring at their bank account growing exponentially on a ticker running in the break room, knowing full well us peasants can't stop throwing money at them through Steam.

Killer8

A new Orange Box would be epic.

Half-life original with the RTX mod
Half-life 2, Episode 1 and 2 in 4K, with the Update improvements
Portal RTX and Portal 2 in 4K
Team Fortress 2 with cross-play

And all games should have keyboard and mouse support.

Top Bottom