• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn delayed to early 2017

Phantom Dust, Recore, Crackdown, Quantum Break(3 years after reveal), Scalebound....

Your'e cherry picking games from various E3's. It's normal to show several games coming in the next 12 months, some from 24 months, some from 36, etc.

For instance. Last E3 MS showcased Halo 5, Rise of Tomb Raider, Backwards Compatibility, Holo Lens and Recore. Three of those are already out and have been solid. Recore will be out in the next 12 months most likely and Hololens was a far off en devour.

Sony's E3 was dominated by the announcements of the big four. Horizon, FF7, TLG and Shenmue, which caused the fanboys to go nuts and declare the best E3 evar!

None are out or look to be out any time soon. I personally believe TLG is still a massive troll job and will never come out.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Better late than Shadow Fall.

fwrtAm4.gif

bryanee

That would suck but then I remember Zelda will probably be out this fall and a bunch of other games I want. They can take their time buuuut I don't want to see it at E3 if this is the case. Save it for Gamescom or even PSX.

Actually it makes perfect sense. I've heard that every single Xbox version of a multiplat
"is shit" for more or less trivial differences. Stands to reason the the alleged differences between ps4 and neo would be as least as jarring if not more so. Thus, relegating ps4 versions to "shit".
So, basically, the Horizon footage we have seen up to this point is now shit? Because some people on a message board said something bad about how X1 multiplats look compared to other platforms?

Sounds entirely reasonable.

icespide

Banned
Your'e cherry picking games from various E3's. It's normal to show several games coming in the next 12 months, some from 24 months, some from 36, etc.

For instance. Last E3 MS showcased Halo 5, Rise of Tomb Raider, Backwards Compatibility, Holo Lens and Recore. Three of those are already out and have been solid. Recore will be out in the next 12 months most likely and Hololens was a far off en devour.

Sony's E3 was dominated by the announcements of the big four. Horizon, FF7, TLG and Shenmue, which caused the fanboys to go nuts and declare the best E3 evar!

None are out or look to be out any time soon. I personally believe TLG is still a massive troll job and will never come out.

uh Backwards Compatibility is not a video game

Tigress

Talking about it and releasing a release date are 2 different things

Hey, when he was telling us 2015, that is what most people were expecting until about June and many people still hoping even til close to the end of 2015. He never said otherwise until way late in 2015 and kept letting people believe it was 2015 (hell even E3 he claimed later that year I believe. I remember cause I was starting to not believe him). No, he didn't give a release date, but he sure let people think 2015 for quite a bit. I'm pretty sure he meant to have it out in 2015 (and then for some reason was either told to stay quiet about it or decided not to tell people that it just wasn't happening until 2016 even though he had originally planned for 2015). Just cause he was smart enough not to actually promise a specific date doesn't mean it wasn't delayed. It was meant to come out last year.

DNAbro

Were there any first party games which were not delayed? Apart from launch window.
Uncharted 4 numerous delays
The Order
Driveclub
GT Sport beta
Ratchet & Clank
Horizon
Not to mention a ton smaller games like Tomorrow Children, No Mans Sky, Shadow of the Beast, Rime.
At this rate I'm not expecting to see Bends, SP, Santa Monica or Polyphony games this generation.

Rime might as well be dead.

Raylan

Banned
Nah, but I've seen other devs/publishers and they aren't messing up like this.
Messing up? What exactly are they messing up? Because they need a few months more time for their big project? Happens. Do you think people at GG are working too slow? Not enough hours per day? Or that the employees are incompetent? If the game isn't ready, it isn't ready. If this means their employees don't have to suffer 3 or 4 months of "crunch time", then good.

Were there any first party games which were not delayed? Apart from launch window.
Uncharted 4 numerous delays
The Order
Driveclub
GT Sport beta
Ratchet & Clank
Horizon
Not to mention a ton smaller games like Tomorrow Children, No Mans Sky, Shadow of the Beast, Rime.
At this rate I'm not expecting to see Bends, SP, Santa Monica or Polyphony games this generation.
Rime isn't even a Sony game anymore. It's a 3rd party multiplat title now.

Yep. Beyond that, all that emotional nostalgia capital Sony farmed up over FF7 was without mentioning that it doesn't retain its combat, or structure lol. A total Rope a Dope.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why would you buy a console before knowing what you will get

Based on owning a PS3 and owning numerous of their exclusives expectations on PS4 were high? PS4K is around the corner and numerous first party studios have yet to release a AAA title this generation never mind sequels.

Boke1879

Actually it makes perfect sense. I've heard that every single Xbox version of a multiplat
"is shit" for more or less trivial differences. Stands to reason the the alleged differences between ps4 and neo would be as least as jarring if not more so. Thus, relegating ps4 versions to "shit".

Except Driveclub

Don't take hyperbolic posts. No Xbox version is "shit"

And again. It's a nonsense point because he saying no matter how good the base version is. Which mean it could run absolutely great. He's upset that there is a better version of that game that someone is playing.

Mentok

Banned
At least they don't get cancelled like xbox one games

Seriously? Why the drive by?

This was another good point by Colin on the PS I love you podcast.

It doesn't matter how good the base ps4 game looks.

It will be shit in comparison to the Neo version.

It will only be shit if they (or any other games) start putting content specific for this new PS4. If it's the same game with a little graphical difference I don't see how it'll be "shit". I mean as a console owner, I'm used to PC gamers playing the same game with better graphics, it doesn't make any of them "shit" to me.

Chobel

LOL! You sound salty.

very saddened by this news, it was one of the games i was most looking forward to.

excited to have a PS4 Neo when its out though.

also...hope they don't have an extended media campaign because of the delay. Delays can ruin pacing of promotional material

Didn't think it was going to make this year, either. While I was never too interested in the Killzone series, I'm really looking forward to this. I was hoping to get a PS4 this year (mainly because of TLG) but I might just wait and see how this whole PS4K thing goes.

icespide

Banned
It's NOT!? Oh man, I was way off. Sorry. Gosh I hope someone doesn't tell me Holo Lens is not a game too! LOL that would be embarassing!!

hell people get hung up on a lot of weird details when talking about this stuff like what is or isn't first part or exclusive, is it actually delayed if it never had a date. I'd think the fact that something is actually a video game or not is a detail worth mentioning

Raylan

Banned
So you agree that his point is nonsense.

David___

Banned
Because of how easy the cell was to work with, surely, and how much more difficult it is to work with the PS4's exotic PC-esque architecture in comparison.

Because back then a 8-10 hour campaign wasnt ridiculed for being too short.

Or a game not being open world was actually accepted.

"Standards" rose, so the dev time does as well to meet them.

Elandyll

Banned
We all had hopes for this year, but deep down, given the scope and tech involved (at least in theory), we all knew the delay was very likely too.

Marketing wise, it might also make sense for a new IP to get out of the way of the usual Holiday onslaught, which will also include the BS of Tomb Raider incidentally.

TLG and GT Sports (if that one isn't delayed too) are probably niche" (and by that I mean non Shooter/ Football- Basketball/ Adventure - RPG - open world like) enough to not suffer too much I guess.

Boke1879

They show the game at PGW back in October so yes we had seen it since E3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvI5AHu5Xao

Wasn't that just the same demo with a few slight variations? That said when I say quiet there really hasn't been much talk about it from Sony other than mentioning it as one of the games releasing this year. I mean you would think they would have a release date. Gears does, FFXV does. This doesn't. It also gives me little hope TLG is launching this year.

To the surprise of nobody.

There's been more delayed games from Sony they games who released on time this get, the default is now getting a delay.

Top Bottom