• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kevin Conroy WILL Be Voicing Batman In Batman: Arkham Origins

decaf

tumblr_lxr1aisj6n1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Best Batman.

Time-travel plot

Arkham City Bruce Wayne travels back to save his shitty younger self from Deathstroke

gets owned by Deathstroke anyway

Chrysalis

I really can't think that this is for Origins unless he has come out and mentioned the title explicitly. 9-10 months? We got the reveal just a few weeks ago and the line was that they were looking for someone younger. Why risk the backlash if they already knew they had Conroy working on the project.

Something doesn't add up. My bet is, like others, on this being for Rocksteady's next project. I'd much rather see where all of that Azrael stuff was going anyway.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxr1aisj6n1rn95k2o1_500.gif[/IM G][/QUOTE]

[quote="ViewtifulJC, post: 58123260"][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7lpslmay1rn5b0zo1_500.gif[/IM G][/QUOTE]

[quote="Man Puncher, post: 58123542"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GOoD2xK.gif[/I MG][/QUOTE]

[quote="China Dont Care, post: 58127394"][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/bc44db728fb24463ddd3e4f11b9e434b/tumblr_mi1nj2YkPt1rqfhi2o1_250.gif[/IM G][/QUOTE]

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emgeMj13cxg]my reaction[/url]

Don't see why this is a big deal unless they get a better voice director. I haven't played Arkham City, but the voice direction in Arkham Asylum was ass and even Conroy suffered.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah! But this could mean he's working with Rocksteady on yet another Arkham game, which I don't really mind. But I hope this means it's back-to-back. People don't have much of a change of voice when they're 20 an 40, right?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I just remembered, tomorrow we'll have the complete trailer for the game, and lets hope that Batman actually talks in it so we can finally know if this is true.

Luigi87

I really hope this is true.
I just recently finished watching all my DVDs of Batman TAS, and am now watching Batman Beyond (and will later be watching JL/U).

... I love the DCAU, and love Kevin Conroy's Batman.

Bluth54

Great news. While not having Conroy wouldn't prevent me from buying Origins, having my favorite Batman voice in the game certainly is a plus.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm so sick of this back and forth with Conroy and Hamill. It feels like they've both been doing this same song and dance where this is their last performance of the voice, then they're back for the next one. I honestly don't care at this point, as long as they find someone decent. Lack of continuity between Batman voices doesn't bother me.

i will never understand why people were so up in arms about this. he's never been the only Batman voice, and the reason they gave for replacing him was perfectly legitimate.

Draconian

Don't get me wrong, I like Conroy's Batman, but the amount of people on GAF who are apparently only interested in this game due to his involvement makes no sense to me at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Don't get me wrong, I like Conroy's Batman, but the amount of people on GAF who are apparently only interested in this game due to his involvement makes no sense to me at all.

Given that the game isn't coming from Rocksteady there are already some doubts on potential quality and not having Conroy is another sign that some of the previous Arkham games atmosphere and quality may be lost. No one is only interested in the game because of this unconfirmed rumor, but it would help put to rest possible step back for the series.

sflufan

Banned

Especially considering that his VA in Arkham City wasn't exactly stellar.

Given that the game isn't coming from Rocksteady there are already some doubts on potential quality and not having Conroy is another sign that some of the previous Arkham games atmosphere and quality may be lost. No one is only interested in the game because of this unconfirmed rumor, but it would help put to rest possible step back for the series.

The just announced playable Deathstroke DLC and that makes me worried...we will see. The way I'm looking at it now is that it will be pretty hard to top Rocksteady's Arkham games. As long as they stick closely to the formula and don't change major mechanics, I will be fine with it. I will think of it as a sweet Arkham City expansion pack.

Then again, I do here shit like "upgradable skill tree" and it makes me cringe a little. The previous games are sweet because I get to feel like I'm playing as Batman. If I'm not able to unlock ever single ability I will be disappointing.

how the . . . how the hell did you pull that up so fast! God I love this site!

This is great news, too. Batman: Arkham Asylum and City are on my backlog list for next month. I have not played either one of them yet, except for like the first 10 minutes of Asylum. Looking forward to it!

Shaanyboi

Banned
Green Lantern: The Animated Series was pretty much a show with the DCAU art style done in 3D, and that looked pretty good.

I wasn't a fan. It did look okay, but atleast the lead designer had the intent of these characters being presented in 3D, and designed them accordingly. Bruce Timm's style was way more graphic/2D based.

I don't see him working on Origins but rather the next "real" Arkham game done by Rocksteady.
That's actually what I'm hoping. A younger, fresher voice could be a nice change.

I don't feel that Conroy's work on the Arkham games was all that fantastic to be honest (I've liked him as Batman in other settings before). I know he is Batman to a lot of people, but it sounded like he was going through the motions to me. I would have preferred Bruce Greenwood, personally.

I realize I'm in a tiny minority and I respect why most feel differently. And for the record -- and I'm sure to confirm to most that I'm completely insane -- I was actually happy to hear that MGS was moving on away from Hayter too. That said, I feel Splinter Cell made a massive mistake in ditching Ironside.

Top Bottom