• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) Leaked Red Dead Redemption 2 (Or Remaster?) Screenshot?

Saganator

looks like one of those Unreal Engine "remake" scenes. Gonna go to bed and then work, still gonna hold out a glimmer of hope this is real even though I highly doubt it is.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Your joking right?

720p, aliasing galore, poor draw distance, 30 fps.

Yes pristine.

Yeah, so? It looks pristine based on the technology in the time period it came out. full native 720p, great MSAA coverage, little and disguised pop in. basically locked 30fps at all times.

It would look fine on any TV set right now besides maybe some softness.

Out with the old in with the new. For me, making an RDR remaster is very pointless, and i'd rather have that effort spent on a brand new red dead title

dex3108

Wasn't this game a mess code wise? Doesn't make sense to remaster this if so

No matter how bad code was they would earn so much money even if they need to recode whole game (and I am sure that they don't need to do that). Rockstar has money, time and manpower to do it easily.

Come on guys :/ we should know by now from all these previous "leaks" - like the Rayman in smash bros fake screenshots and video - how easy it is for someone to make this.

This looks like something anybody could do in the unity/UE.

Gurish

No way those screens are from a sequel and not a remaster, even GTA5 on current gen looks better, honestly, any AAA open world game looks better on current gen.

This is 95% fake and if it's real it's a shitty remaster.

Freeman76

A new red dead is still a way off probably. They could drop a remaster on us to keep us busy, i would love it if they did that its one of the better games ive played.

This looks more like a test the artist did in the GTAV iteration of the engine than anything else. Because if that's RDR2, it looks disappointing. Particularly the materials, they look really last gen.

dex3108

A new red dead is still a way off probably. They could drop a remaster on us to keep us busy, i would love it if they did that its one of the better games ive played.

RDR was released 6 years ago. I wouldn't say it is way off. If i need to bet i say it is 2017 release.

This and the GTA IV one supposedly on the version of RAGE used for GTA V that all the annoying click bait loving GTA Youtoobers are making blind speculative videos about and reading too much into it?

I really, really doubt they're going to do a RDR remake.

Why do people think it's going to be called Red Dead Redemption 2, wouldn't it be the third game in the series?

My bet is on Red Dead Retribution.

Freeman76

RDR was released 6 years ago. I wouldn't say it is way off. If i need to bet i say it is 2017 release.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? They also made another big game since RDR which most of their staff worked on for over 4 years. A remaster of the previous one would be a great release to play while we wait.

dex3108

How do you arrive at that conclusion? They also made another big game since RDR which most of their staff worked on for over 4 years. A remaster of the previous one would be a great release to play while we wait.

GTA V was released in 2013. and since then they released PS4/X1 and PC versions. So 2017. will be 4 years since new game from R*. Also as far as i know R* North and R* San Diego work on separate projects. I don't know how long is R* San Diego game in full production but i am 99% sure that they were working on next game at some capacity since Fall 2010 or Early 2011. That is enough time for game to be released in 2017.

RDR Remastered could be done by support studios like R* Leeds and R* Toronto.

Alpende

I'd rather have a new Red Dead instead of a remaster. Just by looking at the graphics this kind of looks like a remaster.

Elessar

Neo Member
I don't recognise that area from RDR... Anyone?

Hate the CA. Lighting looks weird. Draw distance is horrible as well. Probably from the new game. Like a reeeeeally early version of it, seeing as he left in June 2015?

EDIT: Oh gawd. That skybox. My eyes! :O

Linconan

Why do people think it's going to be called Red Dead Redemption 2, wouldn't it be the third game in the series?
I can't remember all the details etc and i'm not even sure how accurate it is now to be honest.
But, Red Dead was through some other developers, Rockstar bought the Licence and took Red Dead in their own vision of the Universe.

But people can argue till the cows come home.
For me it's.. well... No.1, always ;)

Probably from running BC on X1...
Yes. Many here forgot, that the game looks very very good even for today:

red-dead-redemption-3.jpg

I think it's nothing but hype and someone is laughing in his chamber.

Simo

The source came from a former Rockstar employee's site so I doubt it being fake but what it exactly is, well that's the question. lol

Said Rockstar employee hasn't been with the company in nearly a year so the screenshot is pretty old and his previous work in Red Dead Redemption was working on building structures and towns.

My bet is on Red Dead Retribution.

Red Dead Redemption was more of spiritual successor than a direct sequel to Red Dead Revolver, so Red Dead Redemption by itself became this new franchise but it's still the "Red Dead" brand. People just speculate the RDR2 title because from the leaks including the possible map it looks the next game takes place in the East for more of a Dakota/Louisiana landscapes with some areas from RDR present and available to go to including West Elizabeth.

GTA V was released in 2013. and since then they released PS4/X1 and PC versions. So 2017. will be 4 years since new game from R*. Also as far as i know R* North and R* San Diego work on separate projects. I don't know how long is R* San Diego game in full production but i am 99% sure that they were working on next game at some capacity since Fall 2010 or Early 2011. That is enough time for game to be released in 2017.

RDR Remastered could be done by support studios like R* Leeds and R* Toronto.

Oh yeah I believe the new Red Dead will drop May 2017 but didn't the Take Two earnings call from a couple weeks ago already lay out what was being released this fiscal year? Nothing from Rockstar was mentioned I believe.

Also doesn't Microsoft actually have to get permission from the developer before they even begin testing or working on BC? That's why when RDR BC got "leaked" makes it sound fishy...like I'm still expecting a new Red Dead to be announced at MS conference and as a preorder bonus they're going to throw in the RDR BC that day.

I could never get into this when I was playing it on PS3, but I'd be so down for a remaster and to see what all of the fuss is about.

Coffinhal

I'd be open for a remaster, especially since the game never made it out on PC.

Yes. Many here forgot, that the game looks very very good even for today:

red-dead-redemption-3.jpg

I think it's nothing but hype and someone is laughing in his chamber.

That's a promotional screenshot, it doesn't prove anything.

But yeah the game was ahead of his time and a technological milestone on consoles so yeah it is still playable.

dex3108

Oh yeah I believe the new Red Dead will drop May 2017 but didn't the Take Two earnings call from a couple weeks ago already lay out what was being released this fiscal year? Nothing from Rockstar was mentioned I believe.

This fiscal year is locked by their conference call answer. But that doesn't mean that they won't announce games. I believe that they will announce R* game before they speak about income expectations for next fiscal year (from April 2017). One way or another as soon as they tell their investors that they expect big money in fiscal year/quarter we will know that R* game is coming then.

But RDR Remastered for example in April or May and Red Dead Next in October or November is not impossible. That would bring them so much money.

Coffinhal

Their was a shift in the art style from gta4/rdr to gta5. Not to mention the lighting. The shot at the top looks like gta5 art style and lighting not like the more photorealistic gta4

The biggest shift is between GTA IV and RDR, especially lighting, animations and how the world feels organic by its systems.

GTA IV wasn't "photorealistic", darker with less saturation yes, but there is nothing realistic if you look at the lighting or some designs. They went more cartoon with GTA IV, RDR is the closest to "photorealism" out of the three.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Hope it's a Remaster. Can't believe that Rockstar hasn't done that yet. Don't you see the money on the streets? I'd buy a PC Remaster day one for full price.

dex3108

Hope it's a Remaster. Can't believe that Rockstar hasn't done that yet. Don't you see the money on the streets? I'd buy a PC Remaster day one for full price.

It is not nice to say this but money that they invested in Evolve and Battleborn they could invest in RDR Remastered development and earn tons of money.

Top Bottom