• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) Leaked Red Dead Redemption 2 (Or Remaster?) Screenshot?

The only thing that makes me thing there's not going to be a remaster is the stories of hard times making the game even run. IIRC it was something like 2 months from release date and R* was like 'fuck the game engine does not even run properly'

So I guess remaster would mean reverse-engineering the whole thing and basicly making the game from the ground up, only with graphics and sound assets. Looks like too much of a hussle to me

Simo

This fiscal year is locked by their conference call answer. But that doesn't mean that they won't announce games. I believe that they will announce R* game before they speak about income expectations for next fiscal year (from April 2017). One way or another as soon as they tell their investors that they expect big money in fiscal year/quarter we will know that R* game is coming then.

But RDR Remastered for example in April or May and Red Dead Next in October or November is not impossible. That would bring them so much money.

Well right yeah I'm not saying that means no announcements just no Rockstar title between now and March but I don't think there will be a remaster anyway.

The fact MS needs developer verification for BC and RDR was available, albeit briefly, and that the rumours of the RDR being held together by duct-tape and pins and something Rockstar themselves commented on about technically not being able to port it to PC during one of their Q&As a few years back...I just don't see a remaster happening.

That said who knows! Take Two said Rockstar would be announcing their new "projects soon" so being plural and if the leaked map was real maybe they will have a remaster out for RDR and then the sequel?

Rflagg

The pic looks like poop and I would hope even a remaster would look better. I would buy the heck out of a remaster,but I would prefer the third game please.

Anyone want to clue me in on what CA stands for? Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know lol. I assume it's a type of graphical effect?

dex3108

Well right yeah I'm not saying that means no announcements just no Rockstar title between now and March but I don't think there will be a remaster anyway.

The fact MS needs developer verification for BC and RDR was available, albeit briefly, and that the rumours of the RDR being held together by duct-tape and pins and something Rockstar themselves commented on about technically not being able to port it to PC during one of their Q&As a few years back...I just don't see a remaster happening.

That said who knows! Take Two said Rockstar would be announcing their new "projects soon" so being plural and if the leaked map was real maybe they will have a remaster out for RDR and then the sequel?

No matter how bad coding was/is i still believe that money and time they need to invest to port it to a new version of RAGE is way less then they would earn from selling it.

Simo

Anyone want to clue me in on what CA stands for? Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know lol. I assume it's a type of graphical effect?

Chromatic Abberation. It's the red/green/blue lines you see on the edges of the image. Look down on towards the bottom left and you'll see it.

Something interesting popped up and someone on reddit found: It looks like Rockstar updated it's website yesterday and it seems like there are now 2 possible directories set up for possibly 2 new Red Dead title?

shandy706

Chromatic Abberation. It's the red/green/blue lines you see on the edges of the image. Look down on towards the bottom left and you'll see it.

Something interesting popped up and someone on reddit found: It looks like Rockstar updated it's website yesterday and it seems like there are now 2 possible directories set up for possibly 2 new Red Dead title?

We're getting backwards compatibility for Xbox One of the 360 build, along with a Remaster announcement at E3. Then the announcement of a Holiday or 2017 RDR prequel.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
looks more like a remaster to me. if that's what Red Dead 3 looks like then i will be disappointed. visuals aren't on the same level of GTA V. it looks the exact same as on PS3 except higher resolution and chromatic aberration.

Floody

Looks more like a remaster than a "next gen" sequel. Suppose it could be from early stages of development though. Or...

Pointless almost definitely wrong speculation time!
Maybe R* after making stupid money from GTA Online, have made it a MMO.

We're getting backwards compatibility for Xbox One of the 360 build, along with a Remaster announcement at E3. Then the announcement of a Holiday or 2017 RDR prequel.
As said above they said nothing unannounced this fiscal year. That makes me sceptical of any remaster - it seems very likely to be that their next big title will be in their may slot that they used multiple times leading up to GTA:V and would probably have been used had it not been delayed.

shandy706

As said above they said nothing unannounced this fiscal year. That makes me sceptical of any remaster - it seems very likely to be that their next big title will be in their may slot that they used multiple times leading up to GTA:V and would probably have been used had it not been delayed.

I actually don't believe there will be a remaster, just BC RDR and a new one.

Remaster please! Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece! A sequel would be great too!

I've had the game from since it launched and imo it's the best game Rockstar has ever made!

I really wanted this game to come to PC so we could experience the game at 1080p+ at 60 + fps. It's an absolutely incredible game!

Duffman

Yeah it definitely looks more like a remaster but even that would be great. I've wanted to replay RDR lately but the frame rate and IQ on PS3 are honestly pretty terrible by today's standards.

Simo

Hmm it seems like back in 2012 Rockstar could of been mulling the idea of a remake or re-release, or something anyway. The following portfolio is from a artist contracted between May 2012 to July 2012 to create cover ideas and other merchandising artwork for 2 concept titles, one of which was Red Dead Redemption: Redux:
https://enri.carbonmade.com/projects/3971362#1

Anarckhy

Neo Member
I'm back and before I post anything, I would like to give all credits to Spider-Vice from GTAForums. He's done a great job at digging in portfolios especially bringing that Red Dead image into light. Here are some concept arts (which could probably be for the next Red Dead) from an ex-Rockstar employee who worked at R* London. Her latest work at Rockstar was for GTAV. Take this with a grain of salt, and again props to Spider-Vice.

https://m.imgur.com/a/DSPRI

PS: It has that Red Dead feel to the concepts, especially with the guy holding two revolvers. Seems similar to the John Marston's idol pose.

Red Dead Redemption Remaster or Remake? I imagine if it's happening they actually rebuilding it on the more modern version of R.A.G.E. That was used for the current gen/PC version of GTA V.

Alienous

I'm back and before I post anything, I would like to give all credits to Spider-Vice from GTAForums. He's done a great job at digging in portfolios especially bringing that Red Dead image into light. Here are some concept arts (which could probably be for the next Red Dead) from an ex-Rockstar employee who worked at R* London. Her latest work at Rockstar was for GTAV. Take this with a grain of salt, and again props to Spider-Vice.

PS: It has that Red Dead feel to the concepts, especially with the guy holding two revolvers. Seems similar to the John Marston's idol pose.

Seems fake to me. Rockstar Games just aren't the type up have concept art leak - it took ages before we got even a few concept art images for Agent. And besides it doesn't look like the kind of concept art I'd expect from a Rockstar artist.

Awesome find! My hype for E3 has just triple'd.

BlondeTuna

Hopefully we hear something in the next few days during E3.

cbrun44

I'm actually excited for a remaster. My dad passed during the time I was playing Red Dead and for obvious reasons I never went back to it. I'd love to start over.

Top Bottom