• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

woen

You might be interested in this:
DLCAllCups.png

http://www.mariokartwii.com/threads/139916-DLC-Cups-found-in-MK8?p=6127087&viewfull=1#post6127087

RELEASE IT NOW

Along with new characters

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So Pacman, Mega Man and others who are first timers all use poses from their reveal trailers as their select screen model?

Nope.

Yes.

That's how it is for all the characters shown so far. Their character select portrait is their official render + Amiibo pose.

_woLf

Having only 2 Star Fox characters is down right fucking criminal if this is real.

At least bring in Krystal instead of Wolf. :(

Yes.

That's how it is for all the characters shown so far. Their character select portrait is their official render + Amiibo pose.

But this is a leak of the actual character select screen (supposedly) and their backgrounds and artwork are all completely different in styles. In Melee and Brawl, there's some sort of theme as far as colors and render styles.

nullset2

The only thing that I derive from this is that I don't want any goddamn DLC on this game. Like, paid DLC, what the hell, that's a bad practice for fighters like this...

ZeroCDR

Yeah, if that DLC list is real I'd hope the veterans are free. Why they'd even be DLC at all is a real head scratcher.

gogojira

guyz how does a game n watch even work not enough Ds.

Anyone ever questioning how a character would even work in regards to size, moveset, or any other factor isn't thinking with their Smash brain. Anything can work in Smash.

Duck Hunt Dog's Final Smash would be so fucking epic if he was huge in the background just laughing at you.

guyz how does a game n watch even work not enough Ds.

Anyone ever questioning how a character would even work in regards to size, moveset, or any other factor isn't thinking with their Smash brain. Anything can work in Smash.

Duck Hunt Dog's Final Smash would be so fucking epic if he was huge in the background just laughing at you.

Best final smash ever.

duck-hunt-dog-o.gif

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Wish that you knew something so you would disconfirm it in heartbeat so we can move on to something different.

Thanks tho.

Yeah, I suspect that it's fake as well.

Well, I've talked a little about the game in the past...
Problem is, I can't say I'm going to talk about it, and then ask around, and then post something, because well duh they know I'm asking because I'm sharing! :)

No, I don't know anything about this, I just find it hard to believe.
That doesn't mean anything though other than what I personally think.

I'm so rarely surprised, that I'd rather be surprised!

If that is real I am incredibly happy for 3 reasons:

1. Shulk + Xenoblade Stage
2. Duck Hunt Dog is such an awesome inclusion and I love that icon.
3. Mr. Game & Watch is back, bitches.

DMiz

Yeah, if that DLC list is real I'd hope the veterans are free. Why they'd even be DLC at all is a real head scratcher.

Maybe it's similar to what they did with Fire Emblem: Awakening? Offer something as free DLC in the initial period, to get people to buy the game, and then charge for it later for late adopters?

It doesn't make sense for one of the Veteran 8 to be off-loaded to DLC, but if it's initially free, it won't matter to the majority of Smash fans who will pick up the game day 1. Rather, it'll just affect the 'casual' scene who pick up a Wii U or 3DS much later on and pick up the game more out of hearsay and/or prior experience with the series... in that essence, those individuals are less likely to care that one of the original 8 were placed on the DLC list.

Maybe it's similar to what they did with Fire Emblem: Awakening? Offer something as free DLC in the initial period, to get people to buy the game, and then charge for it later for late adopters?

It doesn't make sense for one of the Veteran 8 to be off-loaded to DLC, but if it's initially free, it won't matter to the majority of Smash fans who will pick up the game day 1. Rather, it'll just affect the 'casual' scene who pick up a Wii U or 3DS much later on and pick up the game more out of hearsay and/or prior experience with the series... in that essence, those individuals are less likely to care that one of the original 8 were placed on the DLC list.
None of the original 8 are on the DLC list, it's all just Brawl characters + Ice Climbers + a new comer.

The main things holding me off from believing in at least the first set of images is the model of Ness that is largely inconsistent with how he has been portrayed in pretty much all of his previous appearances in games. Also, on a slightly less important note, Ganondorf's player icon is just way too noticeably darker than every other characters. I highly doubt that it would be left looking like that when it sticks out almost immediately when you scan the screen. I guess it could be partially from the "photo conditions" but if it were real I would expect the brightness of all of the character headshots to be roughly the same to have a uniform appearance when viewed generally.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Aw crap, I decided to look at it all in detail anyway. why did I do that. that does look pretty impressive. i still find it hard to believe - that roster is huge - but it sure does look pretty!

As long as Ganondorf is in the game (and doesn't suck) then I am OK with anything they do.

Duck Hunt dog would be hilarious to see in action (as long as he has the original laugh sound effect as a taunt) and Baby Bowser riding a kart is pretty great sounding too.
Seriously--How is Captain Toad's game coming out and Toad not a playable fighter?

Toad's already in the game.
As one of Peach's attacks/defensive moves if I remember right.

DMiz

also why is the win screen focusing on Shulk, a CPU fighter and not Lucina the player character

It's possible that the camera pans over the fighters who were on the winning team, even if one of them is a CPU.

I can't help but feel disappointed if that's indeed the final roster.

I feel the same, although to be honest, I think it was prefaced by Sakurai's two (logical) comments:

1) That the 3DS memory limitations would partially hinder the amount of stages, characters, etc. he was going to be able to fit into the game in order to ensure at least roster parity between it and the Wii U version; and

2) He acknowledged long ago that he refused to simply grow the roster for the sake of having more characters.

It basically feels like the current roster is him attesting to the second pointer, really; it feels slightly compromised (but by the numbers, it shouldn't.)

Regardless, there's still potential for there to be more hidden characters that we really don't know about that haven't been shown. I know I'm getting the game regardless and, even if it turns out to result in more Brawl-like afterplay feelings, it's going to be a blast nonetheless.

Real or not that is not a 'slight photoshop' the whole model looks different, just in the same pose.

Indeed. It's similar but obviously a different model in the same pose.

o9j5bnu.gif

In fact the Dr Mario picture that the "leak" is being compared to is actually fan-made. You can see the rough edges around the hands. It was made from a normal picture of Mario that is easily found.

Found many pictures at similar angles but nothing yet that looks like it would be the starting point if the image were manipulated.

Aw crap, I decided to look at it all in detail anyway. why did I do that. that does look pretty impressive. i still find it hard to believe - that roster is huge - but it sure does look pretty!

The roster was always going to be huge, though. They're taking Brawl's roster of ~35 and adding another ~12 characters on top: it was never gonna be small.

Plus clones like Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr Mario - and Sakurai said in Famitsu that clones take 1/6 of the effort to produce than original characters - make the big numbers easy to reach.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yep, I really like that Duck Hunt Model. It's a shame that it might be a waste by using it for a fake.

Indeed. It's similar but obviously a different model in the same pose.

o9j5bnu.gif

In fact the Dr Mario picture that the "leak" is being compared to is actually fan-made. You can see the rough edges around the hands. It was made from a normal picture of Mario that is easily found.

Found many pictures at similar angles but nothing yet that looks like it would be the starting point if the image were manipulated.

Thanks. And the Shulk thing just gives me a headache. The same 'pose' as Little Mac? you mean the angle of his head? So they took his face, altered his jaw, altered his nose, altered his eyebrow, altered the skin tone and lighting, and then completely replaced the hair and body with new art? Wtf do you think they didn't just draw an original face if they're such talented fakers?

I don't know if this is real or fake but the idea it's just done with simple image manipulation is fucking ridiculous.

Not that this holds any weight to the final CSS but when texting a friend about it, he reminded me of the Best Buy build.

"If the roster design is similar to the best buy event, there wouldnt be mutiple color backgrounds for each character. No past game has ever done that. They all share that flame design now."

Again, that build may not be indicative of the final version and his point of what past games did doesn't really mean anything for this game but it made me think.

Javier

Also strange is Yoshi being between Bowser and Rosalina in the selection screen. Shouldn't he be after Bowser Jr., since he's not a Mario character in the context of Smash?

Okrag

Not that this holds any weight to the final CSS but when texting a friend about it, he reminded me of the Best Buy build.

"If the roster design is similar to the best buy event, there wouldnt be mutiple color backgrounds for each character. No past game has ever done that. They all share that flame design now."

Again, that build may not be indicative of the final version and his point of what past games did doesn't really mean anything for this game but it made me think.

The WiiU version has the flame design. If you go and look at some 3DS gameplay the character's have different colored backgrounds.

The WiiU version has the flame design. If you go and look at some 3DS gameplay the character's have different colored backgrounds.
Ah, good call. All I could find on google image was Wii U screen but now looking at some SDCC stuff on 3DS I see it.

Just trying to find anything to still my beating heart over the lack of Simon Belmont...

Top Bottom