• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

JoeInky

1) Doctor Mario back as a clone I guess it means that he's a playable character? Unsure why Sakurai would completely cut him off from Brawl only to bring him back - even playable - in Smash 4.
2) I don't think Sakurai will implement DLC characters, especially not that many as leaker 1 suggested. It simply goes against what Nintendo has done with DLC so far (i.e. minor stuff like Mario Kart's vehicles for free)
3) so far everything points to Snake not being Smash 4.
4) 4chan could as well be renamed forgechan.
5) "but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons" wait, was that guy suggesting his friend was a tester on Smash 4? Come on.

1) Dr. Mario could have started out as an alternate costume not that they're more of a thing but they gave him his own spot because he had some variations, like what they did with Lucina.
2) This isn't evidence, this is just how you feel, Sakurai has never stated being against DLC, Nintendo has also done DLC for Mario Golf and Pikmin 3 and there are files on Mario Kart 8 referring to DLC.
3) Everything being a piece of packaging not having konami on it? Despite the fact that the packaging never has copyrights of the unlockable characters on it (See: Melee, 64).
4) 4chan has had legitimate leaks before (see: Pokmon X & Y), just because there's a high probability of it being fake, like all leaks, doesn't mean it definitely is.
5)That was from a text based leak that arrived months before these leaks that just happens to correlate with the new leak, it's neither here nor there on the current leaks legitimacy.

Also Disablad isn't evidence to it being wrong either, this sort of stuff happens all the time and I don't see how they couldn't have a spelling error on the video they apparently sent to ESRB or whatever (See: the BossHP debug text being present in a nintendo direct, mistakes like this happen all the time).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This.

A roster that was "too good to be true" would have King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, and the return of every Brawl veteran. Multiple cuts and the inclusion of more clones is nowhere near my definition of good.

Those last three might still be in if Smashboards is to be believed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really, all Sakurai needs to do is to reveal a new 3DS stage or at least how the screen would look like. Bam!

4) 4chan has had legitimate leaks before (see: Pokmon X & Y), just because there's a high probability of it being fake, like all leaks, doesn't mean it definitely is.

Erm no, that came from Pokebeach.

daxgame

1. Dr. Mario was probably planned for Brawl but cut (files are on disc)
2. Mario Golf 3DS had pay DLC courses and characters

1. I'm not sure what it changes. He didn't make the game, I doubt Sakurai has any reason to bring him back. Neither will Roy, Mewtwo and Young Link anyway.
2. realistically, Mario Golf 3DS is a game nobody cares about and which does low sales

GamerSoul

Well, the Leak was pretty much overtaking the main Smash Thread, I thought it'd be better to give it room to breath.

And last time I checked, just because someone posts in SmashGAF doesn't make them bound by any decisions made by a majority of the posters there. I did what I thought was best, and I felt the Mods could decide whether or not this thread has merit to stay open.

Good idea. I knew the thirst is real but wow. Lol ill admit it's probably the most convincing even with some flaws.

Hatchtag

Banned
This.

A roster that was "too good to be true" would have King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, and the return of every Brawl veteran. Multiple cuts and the inclusion of more clones is nowhere near my definition of good.

I think the best case scenario (which almost certainly won't be true) would be:
-Smash Boards Mod is right. The leak's real, but Ridley, Dixie, Mach Rider, Mewtwo, and Impa are also coming.
-But the DLC is right too, so the cut veterans will be back and Chorus Men will be in.
That'd be incredibly close to the perfect roster in my eyes.

1. I'm not sure what it changes. He didn't make the game, I doubt Sakurai has any reason to bring him back. Neither will Roy, Mewtwo and Young Link anyway.
2. realistically, Mario Golf 3DS is a game nobody cares about and which does low sales

1. but they wanted him in at some point, why would it be crazy to bring him back?
2. they release $10+ figurines but they would be absolutely against dlc? why not get the character free if you buy the figurine?

Ridley327

So, why wouldn't they offer DLC for a game with substantially higher sales potential?

So, why wouldn't they offer DLC for a game with substantially higher sales potential?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

"At the current time we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

Avadon

Neo Member
I played it on Festigames past weekend and, at last the demo they had, didn't had that much characters (on 3ds at last) it may be just the demo but that not like it, however the stage selection was like that but with less stages if I remember, now that I think of it I shoul be taken photos sorry :/ that looks more like the wii u one for the amount of content

Vamphuntr

True, but the first leaker has posted on Smashboards saying he has no relation with the other three. The third leak is obviously sloppy and low quality, but that doesn't deconfirm the first two.

I'm still very skeptical, and would love to see it deconfirmed, but we've seen too many leaks where people cried "FAKE" but it turned out to be 100% real. Pokemon XY especially. Just dig through the old leak thread and see the denial (from myself too admittedly). I want it to be fake, but I'm prepared for them to be real.

I have no idea if it's fake or real but there are some weird things in those pictures. The first and third leak are using the same ESRB0083 account. That seems rather weird considering ESRB don't play games. It's also awkward that two different sources are using the same account. UI seems different between the pictures too.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

"At the current time we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

I'd imagine if there is DLC it's because Nintendo needed the games out earlier than Sakurai would have liked and as such some characters couldn't make the initial deadlines

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What do they have to say about that?

Well, in the original text rumor, there were other posts that came a bit later that mentioned more characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and a new Zelda Rep, like Impa. I didn't post those in the OP since we've yet to see pictures of those, and they weren't part of the original leak I read.

And now after the picture leak Smashboard Mods are saying it's authentic and there are more characters.

I played it on Festigames past weekend and, at last the demo they had, didn't had that much characters (on 3ds at last) it may be just the demo but that not like it, however the stage selection was like that but with less stages if I remember, now that I think of it I shoul be taken photos sorry :/ that looks more like the wii u one for the amount of content

we've already seen everything of that demo 3-4x :)

Ridley327

That was given over a year ago. With the inclusion of Amiibo, I imagine that plans have already changed.

Okrag

You might be interested in this:
DLCAllCups.png

http://www.mariokartwii.com/threads/139916-DLC-Cups-found-in-MK8?p=6127087&viewfull=1#post6127087

DNAbro

we already know what the 3DS version looks like. You played a demo, not the full game so it wouldn't have mattered if you took picture.

waaat? why haven't we've had a thread on this?

Kyou

True, but the first leaker has posted on Smashboards saying he has no relation with the other three. The third leak is obviously sloppy and low quality, but that doesn't deconfirm the first two.

It has a larger version of the Ganondorf portrait seen in the select screen, it's still part of the house of cards.

JoeInky

Nothing about that says that DLC isn't a possibility, it's just Sakurai saying at that point in time they hadn't planned DLC.

It's quite believable that they got hit with time constraints like every other smash bros. game and felt like they couldn't delay this game this time so had to resort to DLC.

Effect

That damn Duck Hunt Dog!!!!!

I want this to be real just so I can beat the crap out of that dog for all the times it mockingly laughed when I played Duck Hunt as a kid.

I'm on #TeamFake for the fact that Ice Climbers have an enemy on Smash Run. Why else would the Polar Bear be there if they aren't playable? So far ALL enemies in Smash Run come from franchises that have playable characters, so having ICs be the only one with an enemy yet no playable rep doesn't make any sense.

I still also believe in the Gematsu leak since Rhythm Heaven also has an enemy in Smash Run, though it being a newcomer franchise gives it a bit more chance of being like Animall Crossing in Brawl, where they had a stage, trophies, ATs, and music, but no playable character.

Forkball

It has a larger version of the Ganondorf portrait seen in the select screen, it's still part of the house of cards.

That part is interesting, but his outfit doesn't exactly match up with his TP outfit, like with Link and Zelda. Perhaps they gave him slightly new duds for whatever reason. My main issue is "disablad", the worse quality, and the fact that it came out so much later than the original pics. I think the first leak at least merits the most attention.

Please have a Pic of the Day tomorrow Sakurai that ends this suffering.

Leak is definitely fake. A very well done fake - and gosh do I love the Duck Hunt Dog model - but fake. The inconsistent lines on the character select screen prove it in my eyes - I don't know what TC was talking about how they were there in E3, but the first video I could find of that build definitely doesn't have them that way. Players have a thicker line, CPUs have a thinner line. No inconsistency, while the leak has it.

Also, ESRB0083. If I was going to make a really convincing fake leak, that's just the sort of detail I would put in to screw with people's heads and use to laugh at them when they thought it was real.

Then again, I can't help but be reminded of Melee's select screen and how a handful of the characters were slightly unaligned from the rest, so... :p

Kyou

That part is interesting, but his outfit doesn't exactly match up with his TP outfit, like with Link and Zelda. Perhaps they gave him slightly new duds for whatever reason. My main issue is "disablad", the worse quality, and the fact that it came out so much later than the original pics. I think the first leak at least merits the most attention.

Please have a Pic of the Day tomorrow Sakurai that ends this suffering.

What I'm saying is that leak 1 and leak 3 use unique versions of the same Ganondorf render. If one goes down they all go down.

Okrag

Leak is definitely fake. A very well done fake - and gosh do I love the Duck Hunt Dog model - but fake. The inconsistent lines on the character select screen prove it in my eyes - I don't know what TC was talking about how they were there in E3, but the first video I could find of that build definitely doesn't have them that way. Players have a thicker line, CPUs have a thinner line. No inconsistency, while the leak has it.

Then again, I can't help but be reminded of Melee's select screen and how a handful of the characters were slightly unaligned from the rest, so... :p

This video shows it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCykBrGxfRk#t=484

Why are most of the stages on the stage selection screen centered while others aren't? Why is Battlefield the only stage that is shown on an angle as opposed to straight ahead? Why is Toon Link not grouped with the other clones? Why are there two spaces in between the words any and button? How can you argue that these "leaks" come from different people even though the second leak uses the same render of Ganondorf? Why are people adamantly defending every noticeable flaw with the story and pictures? Are some of you in on this? I hope Sakurai shows a Dark Pit Assist Trophy tonight.

Clov

Well, in the original text rumor, there were other posts that came a bit later that mentioned more characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and a new Zelda Rep, like Impa. I didn't post those in the OP since we've yet to see pictures of those, and they weren't part of the original leak I read.

And now after the picture leak Smashboard Mods are saying it's authentic and there are more characters.

Well, I'd be pretty okay with the leak if we got Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo, as unbelievable as it may seem. Honestly, I'd be okay with this leak if it was the roster we have pictures of+the DLC characters+Mewtwo. I just want to play as him again. Kind of frustrating when you bring back Dr. Mario from Melee but not Mewtwo, as easy as Dr. Mario is to implement.

Here's hoping it turns out for the better! I'd like this whole thing to be confirmed or denied soon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's been proven that the line thickness is a bug that has no factor on the leak's legitimacy.

cmChimera

I like how Dark Pit is a mirror-recolor of Pit. Sakurai, someone that is borderline OCD with details, couldn't be bothered making another render for him.

Top Bottom