• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor [LPVG]: New BG&E 2 details, teaser trailer coming w/NX reveal, summer 2018

If this is a reboot, one thing is for sure. Machine's not going to be under powered. Otherwise, why remake something to that extent on an equally or slightly more powerful system than the previous version?

It is if its going to be a hybrid and $300 as many neogaf users think.

phanphare

Banned

she also mentioned something about how tuesdays are perfect for announcements

if I were to speculate it seems like tomorrow will be the announcement of the announcement and the next tuesday will be the real deal

needless to say I am hype personified

Morts

she also mentioned something about how tuesdays are perfect for announcements

if I were to speculate it seems like tomorrow will be the announcement of the announcement and the next tuesday will be the real deal

needless to say I am hype personified

If so that will be an excruciating week in between.

antonz

Nintendo funding the project makes plenty of sense. Lets be real here Ubisoft really had little interest with this project on their own. It was announced via a trailer then the entire team basically abandoned the project as Ubisoft moved them to other things they felt were higher priority like Rayman.

Circinus

But damn, NX exclusive, huh? Pretty cool. Another reason to want one.

Is this some kind of joke? Or do you really reason like that?

"Oh I really hope each game/video/song I play/watch/listen to needs its own respective piece of proprietary hardware so that I have a REASON to own all those proprietary hardware platforms!! It is really convenient if people would need 100 different movie players for the 100 different movies they would have!"

Quite frankly, I think wishing for or celebrating a multiplatform franchise to become an exclusive franchise is pretty antisocial.

phanphare

Banned
Is this some kind of joke? Or do you really reason like that?

"Oh I really hope each game/video/song I play/watch/listen to needs its own respective piece of proprietary hardware so that I have a REASON to own all those proprietary hardware platforms!! It is really convenient if I need 100 different movie players for the 100 different movies I have!"

image.php

PetrCobra

Nintendo funding the project makes plenty of sense. Lets be real here Ubisoft really had little interest with this project on their own. It was announced via a trailer then the entire team basically abandoned the project as Ubisoft moved them to other things they felt were higher priority like Rayman.

I does, if you forget the story told by Michel Ancel about him presenting the game to Iwata and Miyamoto on an E3 (Ubisoft wanted to make some kind of exclusivity deal with Nintendo or something), They both seemed to hate it and kept telling him what he should improve...

Circinus

And what's your point?

I enjoy the Ratchet & Clank games because I think they're great games. Whether they're PlayStation-exclusive or not has absolutely no relation to that.

Like any sensible person speaking from a consumer point of view, I'd prefer if Ratchet & Clank was multiplatform so more people could enjoy it without having to spend extra money on proprietary hardware.

Needless to say, I think there's a clear distinction in mentality between simply enjoying a game series that happens to be exclusive to a certain platform and celebrating a game series for the sake that it is exclusive to a certain platform (or becoming exclusive to a certain platform).

jwj442

If true and if Nintendo promotes this properly, I can see it being much more popular with Nintendo fans than Bayonetta 2. BG&E and Zelda have enough in common (in both gameplay and tone) that it shouldn't be that hard to sell a lot of the Zelda audience on it.

Davey Cakes

Yeah, Emily making her Twitter public is very telling.

Was anyone surprised that we would hear NX rumblings? The investor briefing was always a bit assuring.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I does, if you forget the story told by Michel Ancel about him presenting the game to Iwata and Miyamoto on an E3 (Ubisoft wanted to make some kind of exclusivity deal with Nintendo or something), They both seemed to hate it and kept telling him what he should improve...

Nintendo turned down also an exclusivity deal with activision about skylander before the launch of the first game, but something tells me that today they would opt for a different feedback

I wonder if Nintendo realizes(or cares) just how much anticipation they've built up over this damn thing, and how they could definitely use it to their advantage via the correct scheduling and whatnot. I mean, this shit is at ridiculous levels.

Peltz

I wonder if Nintendo realizes(or cares) just how much anticipation they've built up over this damn thing, and how they could definitely use it to their advantage via the correct scheduling and whatnot. I mean, this shit is at ridiculous levels.
Of course they do. Believe it or not, NOA does read NeoGAF.

tkscz

Oh they know, they've been doing it for years.

Malvingt2

Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64
To be fair, the week of November 1st (which is a Tuesday -- perfect day for announcements) was under consideration.

hmm

Ridley327

People keep bringing this up but it hasn't been proven false yet.
And she was backed up by Eurogamer, who even went further with localization details.

The only people that expected a surprise E3 release were the ones that decided they had to release it then, which was not mentioned by either Emily or EG.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64
To be fair, the week of November 1st (which is a Tuesday -- perfect day for announcements) was under consideration.

hmm

November 1st seemed like a weak date honestly. Wasn't there supposed to be some Animal Crossing related mini-direct happening on that date?

Top Bottom