• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MakingStarWars leaks Star Wars Battlefront info (possible spoilers) [Updated]

Someone explain to me, anyone who understands leaks and sources. I always wonder what the leaker gets out of divulging this to some fan or smaller website. It can't be to avoid getting caught, cause one whiff of this and it spreads like wildfire anyway so the company will try to find out who the leaker is.

He/she just wants to raise the hype through unofficial channels rather than developer diaries? Impatient?

Epcott

I promised myself that after Destiny, never again would I purchase a season pass...

But I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to resist this.

I hope there'll be a beta over the summer so I can decide whether to preorder or not.

I promised myself that after Destiny, never again would I purchase a season pass...

But I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to resist this.

I hope there'll be a beta over the summer so I can decide whether to preorder or not.

I got the Destiny season pass cheaper with the LE and I still regretted it. Hopefully Battlefront's DLC is better value and quality.

MilkyJoe

Someone explain to me, anyone who understands leaks and sources. I always wonder what the leaker gets out of divulging this to some fan or smaller website. It can't be to avoid getting caught, cause one whiff of this and it spreads like wildfire anyway so the company will try to find out who the leaker is.

He/she just wants to raise the hype through unofficial channels rather than developer diaries? Impatient?

Controlled leaks? set those pre-order till bells a ringin'??

KKRT00

Agressive DLC??

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

Its Star Wars game, releasing near Star Wars movie. It will make fuck ton of money and EA would be stupid to not capitalize on it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also seems weird that ancillary things like the number of DLC and such are specific,

Eh, I'd say they're going on a hunch from BF3/4's DLC schedule. BF4 only bucked that trend due to fan backlash/launch issues + Hardline barely gaining traction with "veterans" of the series to where they're making a "6th DLC" after the initial planned 5 for Premium like BF3.

So fucking hyped.

This is like everything I've ever wanted in a star wars game if I get to play as a Jedi Hero anddddd there NEEDS to be space battles.

G-Police 2 had space battles. Star Wars Battlefront 2 had space battles.

If this doesn't then it's a step backwards.

MilkyJoe

Depending what the DLC is then whether I buy it or not is another thing. If it is Multiplayer map packs, then no I probably wont. If there is additional SP content, although unlikely, then maybe. But Aggressive DLC immediately puts my back up and makes me thing "you fucking think so, laddie?"

Hopefully we'll get another playable alpha at E3 like Hardline last year. Though I hope it won't be tied to having Hardline installed.

I'm preordering the first day I can. I'll also get Premium day-one. I've waited 10 years for this, I can't wait to play Battlefront online again. I don't even care if there is Instant Action or Galactic Conquest, all I care about is the online.

MilkyJoe

Show of hands... if that's possible on t'internet...

Who thinks the final product would be a touch on what we have seen?

star-wars-battlefront-1024x522.png

McHuj

Certainly not with that IQ. I'm hoping they don't sacrafice the shaders, but instead lower resolution on consoles and AA so the PC version doesn't get sacrificed.

Certainly not with that IQ. I'm hoping they don't sacrafice the shaders, but instead lower resolution on consoles and AA so the PC version doesn't get sacrificed.

This should be PBR so the shaders could look that good. IQ easily achievable on PC and not fat off on console if they managed to include some good temporal solution.

MilkyJoe

Yeah I'd be happy with 720 and looking like that, Not that I think it's even possible looking at BF 4/Hard Line at 720 on XB

One thing

under the eye, they have gone for the same painted look of what I always assumed were supposed to be vents on the helmet, just painted on cause back in the day no one would have noticed pre-HDTV

Or are they something else?

star-wars-battlefront-early.png

BokehKing

Banned
That dlc is smart, stuff from the movie, after the movie releases (which means they more know more about the movie now then anyone)

Depending what the DLC is then whether I buy it or not is another thing. If it is Multiplayer map packs, then no I probably wont. If there is additional SP content, although unlikely, then maybe. But Aggressive DLC immediately puts my back up and makes me thing "you fucking think so, laddie?"

It's DICE.

It'll be MP DLC at 3-4 month intervals.

Jawmuncher

Sounds good to me. Tjough it sounds like the campaign is nothing more than not matches with some cutscenes inbetween. Which I'm ok with.

witness

Probably my most anticipated game this year. Will absolutely be buying whatever version comes with the season pass.

Maybe a reveal near GDC like BF4?

Yeah, I believe that EA and Dice will have a plan like BF4 for the Star Wars: Battlefront.

So maybe a big single player trailer at GDC and more info and multiplayer reveal at E3.

Also maybe a beta announcement at E3? After what happened with BF4 I believe that they will do a big early beta.

Release early November and DLC plan similar to BF3/4.

So fragmented user bas in Jan 16 and no one gets a retail MP game after April... Just like BF4. Oh well.

If they follow the pattern they introduced in BF3/4, then the first piece of DLC will be available 'free' to those who buy the game during its launch period and pre-order period.

MattyG

Banned

I think it'll be pretty close, though, as someone already said, the IQ won't be that good on consoles. They're actually using photogrammetry, which The Vanishing of Ethan Carter used and that's probably one of the best looking games I've ever played.

I think it'll be pretty close, though, as someone already said, the IQ won't be that good on consoles. They're actually using photogrammetry, which The Vanishing of Ethan Carter used and that's probably one of the best looking games I've ever played.
As long as the game is at least 900p with good AA and 60fps on PS4 I'd be content. I'd be happy with 1080p and 60fps on PS4 but I'm not getting my hopes up.

As long as the game is at least 900p with good AA and 60fps on PS4 I'd be content. I'd be happy with 1080p and 60fps on PS4 but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Depends what you mean by "good AA" - it certainly won't be MSAA and it's highly likely it'll still be FXAA as it's a fixed cost.

Maybe DICE will have some further refinements to the engine and the move to PBR might free up some resources to achieve a similar aesthetic to BF4/H, but I feel you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you're in the 900pAA/1080p or bust camp.

Depends what you mean by "good AA" - it certainly won't be MSAA and it's highly likely it'll still be FXAA as it's a fixed cost.

Maybe DICE will have some further refinements to the engine and the move to PBR might free up some resources to achieve a similar aesthetic to BF4/H, but I feel you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you're in the 900pAA/1080p or bust camp.
Good AA to me is whatever BF4 uses on PS4. So likely FXAA.

biteren

im gonna be caustious about this game coming from EA, they may do a Premium DLC thing for it, i dont mind really, but seeing that its Star Wars i dont think it will go on Sale.

also Reguarding EA at E3:
For fucks sake!! show some Damn gameplay this time! quit bringing people saying "were working on it" to E3!!

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves

Controlled leaks? set those pre-order till bells a ringin'??

Above in bold is most likely correct in this case.

The repercussions for leaking would be way beyond simply losing your job as they're all under NDA. They wouldn't be able to monitor if someone anonymously sends some info from a private account outside the network though, but recovering data from the internal servers to leak as proof? Completely impossible without being detected as they should be monitoring everything like most major corporations do these days. (Excluding government agencies like the NSA apparently pre-Snowden.) Very strict control of access rights are also helpful, but doesn't really do anything to prevent someone from simply snapping a few photos using their phone.

If they don't monitor or have strict filters in place with alarms for suspicious behavior then they have themselves to blame for any future leaks.

Anything we do hear outside official channels is either fake or a controlled release of information intended to promote the game (see it as free advertising) rather than an actual real leak.

When there's a "rat problem" some corporations release fake information mixed with actual facts internally to a restricted number of people that are being suspected to find the source. Expect a lawsuit in the millions if you're caught.

Source: years worth of experience in infrastructure & information security management.

Steel

Banned
This game better have Galactic Conquest and OFFLINE instant access with bots like Battlefront 2 did. Either thats in the game or I won't buy it.

I'm also hoping the game isn't just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. Battlefront =/= Battlefield.

Add online private hosting of Galactic conquest with a handful of friends and we completely agree.

CloudWolf

I really, really hope there will be a Quick Play option where you play against AI bots, that was why I played the Battlefront games so much (my internet was shit and couldn't handle multiplayer games).

This has to be my most anticipated game in a long time...
I remember waiting anxiously at every E3 and VGAs from 2007 to 2011 for a SWBF announcement. I eventually gave up hope after hearing about the cancelled projects from third tier developers. E3 2015 had me jumping up and down.

a916

In game and in engine are two different things... don't expect it to look like this when a whole bunch of stuff is happening on screen. Though it is DICE, so expect it to look good still.

But what if there's collector's edition man?
WHAT IF THERE'S A COLLECTOR'S EDITION?

Pre-order if you have to, don't open it, return it if it sucks without opening it.

Swarna

Slightly disappointed if the player count stays at 64 on PC. Star Wars really needs more. Extremely disappointed if there will truly be DLC maps that fragment the playerbase.

Everything else sounds amazing, though.

Pre-order if you have to, don't open it, return it if it sucks without opening it.
Bah. As soon as I get home at midnight the disc is going in my PS4 and as soon as the day one patch downloads I'll be playing online. I'm taking off work for the week it comes out.

CryptiK

No way its going to look like that in-game. Frostbite isn't that good with graphics especially with 32 players per side.(where is the 64 v 64! Even BF2 did that).

Lets not forget that is the developed by DICE SE, they lie and they make terribly unstable games then leave the mess for another studio to clean up. I will be amazed if this has a successful launch because they have done a pretty good job at butchering the Battlefield Franchise.

Top Bottom