• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

gMr3Rva.gif

Lulubop

the thing that pisses me off the most is how this will most likely lead to bad press around launch, bad reviews, and shit sales. street fighter 5 all over again.

they couldn't afford to have a shit launch again and it looks like they've learned nothing after sfv. this game is going to look like a JOKE next to injustice 2.

Yep. Like I said, this game is going to get eviscerated right out the gate

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll take the Marvel side as "we want these characters to promote our movies & TV shows", but man, that Capcom side is.....lacking.

I like Firebrand (one of my UMvC3 mains) & Nemesis, but they're not "omg I want these over everyone else" characters.

Eeh, nice to see MH finally be represented, plus it'd be cool if MH had alt costumes of different armor, including the female version like how Smash handled Villager, Robin, & Corrin, but damn, I hate that's the only new character/series to be represented on the Capcom side, aside from X, but even then, Mega Man has had numerous characters in crossovers. Yes, I'm excited for him, but gimme new representations like Asura or Gene.

Wasn't it also rumored/mentioned in the main MvC:I thread that Black Panther is also coming as DLC?

Neoxon

Y'all need to stop

The Nova that's gonna be in this is 100% from UMVC3 due to being cheap and not needing to make a whole new character. He's not even in the MCU so why expect some unique character from some special new running series of the Nova Corps or whatever?
Namely due to Marvel's push for Sam at the time of when the roster was likely decided. He was an alt for Richard in UMvC3.

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur - Nice
Chris - Expected
Chun-Li - Duh
Dante - Duh
Firebrand - Kinda unexpected
Jedah - What
Monster Hunter - WHAT
Morrigan - Obligatory
Nemesis - Unexpected
Ryu - Obligatory
Spencer - Not too surprising
Strider Hiryu - Expected
X - Nice

Ant-Man - Nice
Captain America - Obligatory
Captain Marvel - Nice
Doctor Strange - Expected
Gamora - Odd choice
Hawkeye - Nice
Hulk - Obligatory
Iron Man - Obligatory
Nova - Expected
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot) - Either way, expected
Spider-Man - Obligatory
Thanos - Unexpected!
Thor - Duh
Ultron - Nice

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West - Awesome.

Comments in bold.

Strange omissions here on both sides? Where's Phoenix Wright? Joe? Felicia? Shuma? I know the X-Men are supposedly DLC, but they couldn't even sneak Wolvie in??

Posting my thoughts from the other thread.

Stiler

Marvel continuing to screw X-men fans over it seems when it comes to gaming.

All because Fox has the movie rights they can't let people enjoy video games with X-men....so childish.

Harpoon

Y'all need to stop

The Nova that's gonna be in this is 100% from UMVC3 due to being cheap and not needing to make a whole new character. He's not even in the MCU so why expect some unique character from some special new running series of the Nova Corps or whatever?

Sam's been the protagonist of the last three Nova books, albeit the last one was shared with Rich. He's not exactly just a character from a spin-off.

Namely due to Marvel's push for Sam at the time of when the roster was likely decided. He was an alt for Richard in UMvC3.

Neoxon you're like 0/1000 at this point just stop and take 1 w with picking nova and don't try to talk your way into make that pick an l for being "the wrong nova"

EulaCapra

Gamora over Star-Lord/another White Dude with gun is a win.

Only 4 base female characters is not. And the absence of Black Widow yet again is infuriating.

All because Fox has the movie rights they can't let people enjoy video games with X-men....so childish.
At least the relationship between them has improved. But you are right.

Comments in bold.

Strange omissions here on both sides? Where's Phoenix Wright? Joe? Felicia? Shuma? I know the X-Men are supposedly DLC, but they couldn't even sneak Wolvie in??

Posting my thoughts from the other thread.

I was thinking that Felicia was a bit too risqué for Marvel's approval, but they put Jedah in there so who knows.

D-Man

The representative from one of Capcom's only relevant series these days, and he apparently didn't even make it.

Really lowers my excitement significantly for this game.

Phoenix (alongside Frank) has been my main since Day 1 of UMVC3. His exclusion hits me very hard. AA is one of the few not-dead franchises Capcom has and this shit happens.

Won't give this game a second look unless my two boys are both in. Them and Asura.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Firebrand and Nemesis are there because CAPCOM side needed some monster characters. Seriously this is the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Now I'm really intrigued to see how "Monster Hunter" could work. Also, big fan of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, curious to see their moves as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is this the first time Jedah's been in a 3D fighting game?

Also, won't they have to tone down some of his moves? I would be shocked if this was included:

bCcFCM4.gif

Skab

A complete and utter disaster if that's true.

4 female characters.

Not a single character of color. At least MvC3 had Storm and Spencer.

No Black Panther?!?

mess, flop, will wait for my chocolate king before purchase

Jedah is sort of hype though

Er, Spencer is white

Khezu

the thing that pisses me off the most is how this will most likely lead to bad press around launch, bad reviews, and shit sales. street fighter 5 all over again.

they couldn't afford to have a shit launch again and it looks like they've learned nothing after sfv. this game is going to look like a JOKE next to injustice 2.

This is pretty legit concern, it's very hard to come back from having a shit launch, some games can do it, but judging from SFV, maybe not Capcom.

It also makes me worry about long term DLC support if it does have a bad launch, Capcom is committed to more SF DLC because it's fucking SF, Marvel doesn't have that luxury, especially if Marvel themselves get bored of console gaming and take their ball home again.

kunonabi

Happy to see Jedah, Ant-Man, and Gamora join Captain Marvel but really kind of an underwhelming roster otherwise if true.

opricnik

Banned

They didnt just fuck fox fans though. a lot of great non fox characters arent in either
Daredevil,black panther,star lord,ms marvel,moon knight,loki,venom,doc ock, kingpin,punisher,widow

more like they didnt even bother to create new characters at all just use umcv3 ones.

Top Bottom