• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

NeonZ

Capcom would never. You'll enjoy your generic male, fair skinned hunter.

It probably will be the Rathalos armor with a face covering helmet, so the Hunter himself will have no features (although it'll be male since it's the male armor).

Lulubop

Oh man if the 6 s1 characters are all on the disc again people are REALLY gonna melt down.

I don't think that's gonna happen, but people are going to be upset these new characters aren't their at launch, especially considering how much of the launch roster is returning. Then on the other hand if the X-Men are being held as dlc, people will be upset about that too. That we got a ton of old characters at launch but not the ones everyone wanted. Lose, lose, greedy capcom, etc. After SFV, they can't afford this L but here we are.

Marvel continuing to screw X-men fans over it seems when it comes to gaming.

All because Fox has the movie rights they can't let people enjoy video games with X-men....so childish.

ITTsv9O.jpg

Ryce source means it's basically confirmed, right?
Really sparse roster indeed. :/ I kind of see Capcom doing the same as with SFV, adding lots of characters vial DLC seasons (and probably justifying the "Infinite" name), but it's not like SFV is setting the world on fire with that business model...

Jawmuncher

The game also is doing the SFV thing of adding more characters post-release, we already have season 1 with 6 characters confirmed (Sigma confirmed for them and if this leak is true, then Venom too), so it's honestly the kind of roster I would've expected.

Megaman is X

Alucrid

Banned
er who would they even put in from arisen. most of the npc characters aren't that notable and the ones who are don't really have any signature moves or anything. if they made arisen then you get some bland ass default one and i don't even remember what the default arisen looks like. don't see it working.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Hey everyone! Let's list what new Capcom properties are being represented in this roster:
  • Monster Hunter

Now let's compare to MvC3:
  • Mega Man X
  • Ghosts n Goblins
  • Bionic Commando
  • Ōkami
  • Street Fighter IV series
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dead Rising
  • Final Fight
  • Ace Attorney
  • Viewtiful Joe

The Capcom side is actually really well rounded for the most part considering the how many character sare in the base game, but holy fuck that Marvel side is DISAPPOINTING . I know they have issue with putting in Xmen but come on! No Magneto, Wolverine, or Storm? No Dr. Doom? Come on now.

fernoca

Seems fine, though a bit weird at the same time if true.

The roster seems too small for a game this huge, with some obvious ommisions even.

Supast4r

Firebrand and Nemesis are there because CAPCOM side needed some monster characters. Seriously this is the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Jedah is the definition of a monster character. My guess is that Nemesis will be in Resident Evil 8 and this is just to tease him.

Also looking at that roster and noticing:
- No Jessica Jones.
- No Luke Cage.
- No Daredevil.
- No Iron Fist even though he was a UMVC3 character (!)
Yeah, one of the DLC packs is so going to be the Defenders :D. Wouldn't be surprised to see it released alongside the TV series itself.

Mega Man inclusion is like the one thing you can't complain about here

well you could complain about no classic stuff but Smash Bros. already did that perfectly so w/e

Clipse

I really hope they can quickly release DLC characters to fix this lame-ass roster, but I doubt it after looking at how slow they are with SFV's DLC.

Crocodile

This roster is REALLY FUCKING BAD >_<

I declare this "fake news" and will wait for the real reveal

Nah Ryce has been pretty on point. This roster is shit. Who thought this was good? Even if Capcom has no say with regards to the Marvel side how did they shit up their own side so badly?

Top Bottom