• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

rhandino

Banned
Monster Hunter

Ueq9Sf1.gif

Jedah

drm6IEA.gif

The rest is garbage tbh, they can keep it.

I'm sort of in the camp that thinks an Ace Attorney character in a fighting game is still really, really silly, so no big loss to see Nick go.

But Ghost Trick could have gotten a shot...

DR2K

Banned
This is truly one of the worst rosters I've ever seen in a fighting game. Characters that no one even used in MVC3 are making it in to give the illusion that they're new.

One of my favorite lines in UMVC3 is when she hulk tells dead pool that if there's ever a MVC4 she'll kick his ass there too.

Dremark

Banned
This is pretty disappointing if it's true.

I was really hoping Daredevil would make it in this time, but I guess that's not happening. I'm glad Doctor Strange, Firebrand and Arthur are back. That's about all I can say that's positive. I suppose.

Edit: Oh yeah Jedah being in is cool too I suppose.

No Deadpool is also really weird considering how popular he has become.

I am still hoping for Ms. Marvel. All I really need is her, but I want panther too.

PullumPurna

Neo Member
Boring is the only word that can define this mess.
Only 4 female characters? This is such a letdown.
If this turns out to be true, I won't even pick it up day one anymore. I was so hyped. :(

FSLink

Banned
No Wesker or Phoenix Wright is god awful. Wasn't expecting much from the Marvel side (though was thinking at least Wolverine or Deadpool would make it on the base roster), but the Capcom roster minus Jedah is just so uninspired.

Dysun

No X-Men makes this an easy skip. Hurts when you trace back the lineage of this series to Children of the Atom

No Okami, Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Sengoku Basara, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Breathe of Fire, Mega Man, Dino Crisis, or God Hand, but two Darkstalkers and two Ghosts N Goblin characters along with Strider over Vergil and other RE characters as well? THE FUCK!?

And how the fuck did they do the MCEU without Black Widow or T'challa? No X-men, Fantastic 4, Blade, Deadpool, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and so on either. Basically its Mostly B-list Capcom vs. Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom had 50 fucking characters! Base MvC 3 had 38! This starts out with 28!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just for comparison's sake....

MvC3 had a whopping 17 new characters (I'm counting never been in a previous Capcom fighter before & Jill since she had a completely new moveset) for its 38 character roster, almost 44% new roster.

....meanwhile, here, only SIX out of 28 (or 7 out of 29 if we include Sigma) for Infinite, meaning only 24% new characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they saved some newcomers as DLC, but damn, I just feel more disappointed...

ZoddGutts

So basicly just MCU characters sans Nova who isn't in MCU. At least they could've thrown in the MCU TV characters, guess it's because they aren't as popular outside the U.S.?

jph139

Interesting that Nova is the only Marvel character that's not currently in the MCU. Like, they don't even have TV guys like Daredevil or Iron Fist - just headline characters from the movies... and Nova. I figure they must have plans for him, then?

Top Bottom