• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom had 50 fucking characters! Base MvC 3 had 38! This starts out with 28!

MvC3 had a whopping 17 new characters (I'm counting never been in a previous Capcom fighter before & Jill since she had a completely new moveset) for its 38 character roster, almost 44% new roster.

....meanwhile, here, only SIX out of 28 (or 7 out of 29 if we include Sigma) for Infinite, meaning only 24% new characters.

These posts really put things in perspective. I don't know what Capcom are thinking unless it's "let's kill this franchise for good so that fans stop pestering us for a new game.".

I guess realistically, they may also be thinking "let's keep releasing DLC characters for the next ten years" but again, I don't think that'll go over as well as they think.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
When someone like Servbot got a slot in MvC2, anyone in the Capcom lineup of games is serious enough for consideration imo.

Eh not really, Capcom was making those games at the time so it was quirky and current.

Asura is a little too far removed, as is Gene, I think

Just for comparison's sake....

MvC3 had a whopping 17 new characters (I'm counting never been in a previous Capcom fighter before & Jill since she had a completely new moveset) for its 38 character roster, almost 44% new roster.

....meanwhile, here, only SIX out of 28 (or 7 out of 29 if we include Sigma) for Infinite, meaning only 24% new characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they saved some newcomers as DLC, but damn, I just feel more disappointed...

If you're counting Jill for mvc3 you might need to count thanos and probably should count rocket since the former might be reworked and the latter now has groot as part of his move set.

Kiro

(Serious inquiry) why does it seem like people are acting as if this is true moreso than the Smash leak. This seems to have less evidence? I don't see any reason for me to believe this list.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Scarlet Witch? Black Widow? Hela? Wasp? Nebula? Jessica Jones? Elektra?

Also Lady Sif, Quake, Colleen Wing, Mantis, Mockingbird, the Ancient One.

I know, but what's that have to do with video games or comics?

Because Marvel don't want to popularize characters that won''t make them money. Movies are now a prime focus for Marvel, they want all the public's attention on MCU characters. That's why in the comics the Fantastic Four is currently non-existant and the mutants have really low focus. Hell, for a while now they are trying to make the Inhumans the new mutants.

RedBoot

I'm sure Marvel has some plans for him long term. He makes by far the most sense for their next Cosmic character movie.

It's kind of funny, most of the UMvC3 Marvel additions were assumed to be plants for future movies/shows (which was correct with Strange, Iron Fist, and Rocket). Years later, Nova returns in MvCI and we once again assume he's a future movie character. He's taking his time. :)

What I never understood was why Capcom never added more characters from their actual fighting game franchises? Talbain and Jedah would make awesome additions to the series.

Because if your Marvel you want to lower the exposure of those characters. To one day get them back when they aren't as valuable if the companies fuck up the movies. Possible with how abysmal the Fantastic Four movies have been. They got Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher back not to long ago from some companies. Its business.

Gartooth

I'm just blown away since I thought Capcom would compensate their side of the roster if Marvel's went to shit. Why the hell are Firebrand and Nemesis there when we lost Ammy, Vergil, Wesker, and Zero. No Ace Attorney characters at all blows for me too.

TWILT

Banned
Well...at least Dante's back (though he's expected) and Jedah's cool I guess? Everything else is just so...bleh. Phoenix Wright, Ammy, Joe and Haggar not coming back is lame as fuck and Nemesis over Wesker and Jill is laughable. 4 females out of 28 is not a good look either.

Wait, where's Sigma?

14623575946961.gif

God I hope this isn't real, what a complete bore. I knew the Marvel side wasn't going to be great, but it's even worse than I thought it would be. And way to take out every colorful character from your side Capcom. And way to just basically stick to the MVC3 roster except removing a lot of the more colorful and fun characters. And to harp on it again, Chirs instead of Leon AGAIN. Why do we hate charisma Capcom?

(Serious inquiry) why does it seem like people are acting as if this is true moreso than the Smash leak. This seems to have less evidence? I don't see any reason for me to believe this list.

Ryce is a pretty trustworthy source. IIRC he leaked the fact that the game existed.

bethore

Talk about a disappointing roster. And only 28 characters? Sure, the game is 2v2 now so maybe the justification is that you don't need as many characters compared to a 3v3, but it still sucks to see a lot of characters from MvC3 not returning. Especially seeing as how a lot of the returning characters have reused assets from MvC3. I loved seeing a lot of the Capcom characters that were included in UMvC3 and to see a lot of them just removed is a bummer. Also, what is up with the lack of villains?

If this pans out, it's not the greatest, to be sure. No offense to their fans, but the inclusion of Nemesis and Firebrand over a plethora of other characters is quite bizarre. And the Marvel side is equally lacking, not to mention the notable gender imbalance.

I got Chris, my most wanted vet, so I'm happy about that, but I was really hoping for someone from Rival Schools and Ace Attorney also. And no Cyclops? Namor? Black Panther? That stings.

Hopefully the DLC will address some of these concerns.

Marvel believes that any X-Mem property that exists outside of comics is gonna promote the Fox movies and shows. It's no secret that Marvel wants the movie rights back. Things supposedly have changed and Fox and Marvel are cool now but we don't know what that fully means.

Abounder

Banned
I don't think that one's on Capcom, there are barely any female heroes in the MCU.

Scarlet Witch? Black Widow? Hela? Wasp? Nebula? Jessica Jones? Elektra? Medusa?

Perhaps more importantly none of them have their own blockbuster. MCU is going to have something like 17 consecutive movies where the lead is a super white guy so this rumored roster's lack of diversity isn't too surprising I suppose. Definitely disappointing, DLC ahoy

MechaX

Monster Hunter and Jedah are cool (even though they are going to tame the fuck out of Jedah's moves). I know that they weren't going to put Breath of Fire Nina in (fuck, could have just had her be the Storm copy), but I'm still salty about that.

Everything else though is underwhelming as fuck (like Nemesis? Fucking really? They could have put in a RE6 or 7 character in but they go back to fucking Nemesis to reuse those assets). And no Black Panther means that he's one of the 6 DLC characters, or Capcom is dumb as fuck.

Wait, where's Sigma?

Sigma will come once you fork out that $7.99 (or maybe buy the game day one, I dunno).

While there's no doubt the roster is disappointing, all those "No [X-Men character]? No buy" posts kind of crack me up. I mean, you didn't have to wait until this leak for that. :D

Top Bottom