• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mass Effect 4 details leak through survey

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does this mean it is effectively a reboot, so I could have this as a jumping in point? Always been curious but never played anything more than maybe the first hour of ME1

Lakitu

st5fu
Does this mean it is effectively a reboot, so I could have this as a jumping in point? Always been curious but never played anything more than maybe the first hour of ME1

Effectively a reboot/separate story from the original trilogy so yeah, besides some lore and stuff, it would be a good time to jump in.

It sounds like a good jump in point, but reboot is maybe too much of a word, if you know what I mean? It's way better (of a start point) than ME3 for sure.

Tried a bit and didn't care for it. I'm not much for multiplayer and it's definitely not what I play Mass Effect for.
well one of the main incentives for playing it (for me at least) was boosting your ems. and I also played as an infiltrator, I never chose that class in the campaigns so that was neat. and I liked the fact that only in multiplayer you could be a different species.

I really hated that system to be honest. How it forced people to play multiplayer in order to get the "best" possible ending.

Best is a bit much, surely?

Well, i guess. If anything it was a scene that only made the ending even more confusing. That said I'd love more multiplayer but I'd rather it not influence the SP to such an extent, but I'd like some synergy I guess. If the MP maps are similar to ME3 and the excuse is that in MP we play as the N7 etc squads sent to hold locations...it could play in interesting ways.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
just because shepard's story is over doesn't mean they can't name it Me4 (I know they already went on record saying they won't, hence my previous post, I'm just saying) and having a new subtitle for every new ME game from here on out is gonna feel kinda redundant, and make it feel like whoever the new protagonist is, is gonna be of less vitality to the series than shepard is/was, and I'm sure that ain't bioware's intention.

unless they put a number in front of the new subtitle instead of renaming it every installment, like cod:mw, cod:mw2, mw3, etc.
Why is it being called ME4 such a big deal to you?

Tried a bit and didn't care for it. I'm not much for multiplayer and it's definitely not what I play Mass Effect for.

As a person who likes to consider himself a single player purist, I'll ask you to reconsider that MP. It has much to offer that can't be found in the 40 hour campaign. It fleshes out the Mass Effect universe in indirect ways. Who would have thought that? I've spent close to 300 hours in that MP space and would do so again with no second thoughts.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
People are still afraid of this being Xbox exclusive.

It's not going to happen. Demographics are far far far less favorable to MS than they were from last gen.

diaspora

People are still afraid of this being Xbox exclusive.

It's not going to happen. Demographics are far far far less favorable to MS than they were from last gen.

Well, even if it's MS exclusive the same way Jaws of Hakkon was timed exclusive, PC gets it day one anyway so it's not like it matters.

Dresden

If we limit ourselves to the last decade, I think it is a fair assertion.

The Witcher games effectively compete against themselves in this area.

Last decade? No witcher title is better than mask of the betrayer, new vegas, alpha protocol, etc in this area.

Witcher 3's main story loses quite a lot of steam as it hits the halfway mark. The best thing about it is how the quest-writing - at least the more substantial stuff in Velen and Novigrad - weave in and out of each other, deftly accommodating change and sequence breaks.

me4alienartifact.jpg

Momentary bouts of weightlessness/low gravity is something I would like to feel in the new game. The original Mako almost captured that or did I imagine that part?

They should just cut out the middle man and set this in an alternate timeline where Shepard doesn't exist.You play as Ardshep, humanity and the galaxy's last hope and jesus figure.

Teletraan1

Banned
I cant wait for Mass Effect 7, 8, 9 were my space/time faring character from this trilogy teams up with my Commander
Fem
Shepard from the original trilogy to take on the Reaper/Remnant threat.

knerl

The writing was excellent. Pretty sure this is almost universally agreed.

Doesn't mean it's without issues. The dialogue is far from consistent. At least when it comes to the voice actors. Have you heard Triss? She sounds like a dumb teenager that doesn't fit her character at all. For example.

Also. Many if not most of the multiple choice dialogues in TW3 have the exact same outcome as one another.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Last decade? No witcher title is better than mask of the betrayer, new vegas, alpha protocol, etc in this area.

Witcher 3's main story loses quite a lot of steam as it hits the halfway mark. The best thing about it is how the quest-writing - at least the more substantial stuff in Velen and Novigrad - weave in and out of each other, deftly accommodating change and sequence breaks.

I also prefer Dragonfall to it.

Fbh

Sounds good and pretty realistic.

The only part I worry about is the one about you "finding a new home for humanity".
Sounds like we might be locked in as human again.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really hoping for a Mass Effect Definitive Collection at E3.

Never played any of the ME3 DLC, and would like to without booting up the old 360.

Side note, hows the progress coming on the PC controller mod?

Side note, hows the progress coming on the PC controller mod?

ME2 is more than playable I think it's got a few very minor bug fixes left
ME3 is again very playable with a few small bugs and MP still needs doing
ME1 is the hardest and I think work is still kind of early but last I read he wanted a release out soon.

trOOly

Neo Member
but you realize you're disregarding the millions of people who didn't play them on PC and the tens of millions of people who own consoles this generation?

I'm not disregarding anything. I'm not even advocating for a PC-exclusive release. I know it's financial suicide. But I want a PC version, though.

Top Bottom