• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Microsoft "Considering" Hitman Studio IO Interactive Acquisition, more new studios: "they aren't done."

To end this. I'll make it clear how bad you are at comprehending what's being posted.

Closing the gap means:
: to reduce or eliminate a difference between two people, groups, or things —often + between

Wait, did he say they can catch up but not beat? Does catching up mean TO REDUCE?

My god. I don't know why I'm wasting my time on this. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

Finally, I'm done.

If you post false information, then I'm going to reply. You shouldn't rely on lies to defend your preferred console and I wasn't the only one to call you out on it.

Jesus this guy still goes on and on.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Always the same forumers that come in and shit up Xbox threads. It's like they're afraid that Microsoft is going to run away with their first-born or something. This thread isnt even about console sales. It's about MS potentially acquiring IO. Fuck sakes

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Always the same forumers that come in and shit up Xbox threads. It's like they're afraid that Microsoft is going to run away with their first-born or something. This thread isnt even about console sales. It's about MS potentially acquiring IO. Fuck sakes

1) At first it wasn't about exclusives to Sony fans. It was about 3rd party and indies.

REMEDY: Microsoft receives more indies and 3rd party deals.

SONY FANS: "Well, look at the games. The One is woefully underpowered compared to the PS4.

REMEDY: Microsoft creates the S with a new sleek design and word of a mid gen refresh starts circulating.

SONY FANS: "Well, we have better exclusives now. 3rd party never mattered, and no one cares about resolution anyway.

3) SONY FANS: Xbox has no games.

REMEDY: Microsoft unleashes the X onto the world, claiming the power advantage once and for all. Word spreads that Microsoft is knee deep in acquiring studios to bolster their 1st party portfolio.

SONY FANS: Well, that's not a big deal. Let's wait a full generation to see if they've really changed in how they manage game studios. Plus, there's no guarantee that any of the games will be any good. Who are Ninja Theory, Playground Games, The Initiative, Obsidian, InXile, Undead Labs and the other guys again? They sound like mediocre development houses. No way they're on the same level as Sony's 1st party. It'll take at least a generation to get that good.

Fans are playing victim even though they're posting statements like this throughout the thread. Someone will eventually quote you and then correct you. The problem with threads such as this is that people try to compare MS to Sony and that's when things go wrong.

I don't have anything against MS or the Xbox. I enjoyed Xbox up this gen (it was my preferred platform), but I know they have a lot of things that they can improve on.

Sony has done a lot of great things this generation and they didn't have things handed to them because of MS' mistakes.

Dabaus

Banned
Yeah Sony doesn't have the money for stuff like that. They would rather invest that money in making games that could give them some returns.

They do have the money though. They recently spent 2.3 billion dollars for a majority stake of Kanye West's record label and 185 million for Charlie Brown. Theyre not Microsoft rich but they can make moves.

Drewpee

Banned
Serious question, why do threads like this make some gamers so hostile? Maybe it just because I am getting older but I don't get it. I enjoy reading the comments but it does make me wonder what could make a person react so negatively to this type of news.

Serious question, why do threads like this make some gamers so hostile? Maybe it just because I am getting older but I don't get it. I enjoy reading the comments but it does make me wonder what could make a person react so negatively to this type of news.

I just laugh. Especially since I already know how the 2020s will play out and where things will be in 2028. Microsoft will be on top of the gaming world and who can predict who will be 2nd? It may be Amazon for all we know.

Raitoningu

Banned
I just laugh. Especially since I already know how the 2020s will play out and where things will be in 2028. Microsoft will be on top of the gaming world and who can predict who will be 2nd? It may be Amazon for all we know.
Already moving the goalposts to 2028... i suppose in 2028 the narrative will be "wait for 2045", right?

Console wars is serious business.

Can you explain how "you" know it will play out that way ? That's quite a wild assumption and does little to quell the fanboy wars with comments like that .

Can you explain how "you" know it will play out that way ? That's quite a wild assumption and does little to quell the fanboy wars with comments like that .

I am a prophet and I'm stating the prophecy. I'm not saying anything bad about Sony, just that I think they will not be what matters in gaming in 10 years.

I am a prophet and I'm stating the prophecy. I'm not saying anything bad about Sony, just that I think they will not be what matters in gaming in 10 years.

Do you have this week's euro millions numbers aswell then 😁 ...there's room for all players sony/Microsoft/amazon/Google and anybody else it all translates to us being showered with great offers in the future .

I'm just joking about The Prophecy... Or am I?

LOL who know

What I do know is Google, Amazon and Apple will be getting into the gaming business big time in coming years. Anyone who is still wedded to the existing XBox/PS/Nintendo model is in for a severe and rude awakening! Gaming will be a very different landscape when we get to the end of the next decade.

Top Bottom