• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Microsoft E3 Conference Details Leaked (Ryse 2, Epic exclusive, FH2, more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that Platinum Games thing is true would cause a glorious meltdown. It's hard to imagine it being true though. Is there really no publisher outside of MS and Nintendo willing to fund Platinum games at this point, and are instead being treated as a "for the hardcore gamers" card by the big 3?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

DO NOT WANT

daman824

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..... hahahhahhahahhahahhah.... LOLOLOLOLOL

And they thought somebody was going to believe this stuff? Come on.
While that isn't likely, I can see rare working on a "core" game next. People have been pretty vocal when it comes to criticizing rare working on kinect related games since it first came out. And microsoft knows they need a lot more first party games now.

Rares ips are definitely going to get dug into this gen.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)
Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
nGGirf9.gif

Sounds like misterx wrote another fanfic.

Wait, he probably did: http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/166142.html

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

I would even accept a Perfect Dark third person shooter, but this...

MormaPope

Banned
80 hours for Forza Horizon 2 single player sounds like something a non racing fan would say. Or a person that never played a Forza game in the past. Clearing Forza 4's career mode once takes around 40 hours. Races last minutes, not dozens of minutes.

J4g3r

Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.

1050s.gif

jschreier

My favorite thing about these giant bullet-pointed lists is how they're always peppered with analysis like "Possibly the best looking game of this generation" and "They’re back with a bang."

It's almost as if both lists were created by people with the explicit intent of getting big Sony and Microsoft fans to spread this stuff around the web.

Ushiwaka

Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.

Wasn't the codename "Project Nagano"? And Platinum having multiple title partnership with MS... I don't know man... It seems unlikely to me for some reason.

Stop the hate. Lionhead has a new ip in development, Twisted pixel does too, and new dev teams are being created.

Also, rare is working on something new now along with some other teams.

And ryse 2 is probably going to happen.

TWO Rare titles weeks after they've just shipped Sports Rivals? Announcing the new Lionhead IP when their immediate project is still a year away from release? Announcing a Ryse sequel when the first game just shipped late last year?

Scheduling-wise, it doesn't make sense. It's similar to Sony's bullshit list that cites GoW4 being announced, even though the game is probably only 6 months into development.

nynt9

So is their conference going to be 5 hours long or are they dedicating 3 seconds to each game?
or, more likely, this is fake

Human_me

I would love this to be true but, clearly a lot of this is from ntkrnl leak a while back.

Which we can easily say it was genuine. So guessing stuff for this E3 should be sort of easy.

But Battletoads..... really? I mean its possible but still.
Also Perfect Dark being third person? That goes against the franchise a bit doesn't it?

Then finally The Division having XBOX One as lead platform? Highly doubtful. PC would most likely be lead platform.

The rest sounds pretty awesome but I doubt its real.
I would love it to be real though.

NHale

My favorite thing about these giant bullet-pointed lists is how they're always peppered with analysis like "Possibly the best looking game of this generation" and "They’re back with a bang."

It's almost as if both lists were created by people with the explicit intent of getting big Sony and Microsoft fans to spread this stuff around the web.

28228-Thats-Unpossible-Ralph-wiggum-PcuI.jpeg

daman824

TWO Rare titles weeks after they've just shipped Sports Rivals? Announcing the new Lionhead IP when their immediate project is still a year away from release? Announcing a Ryse sequel when the first game just shipped late last year?

Scheduling-wise, it doesn't make sense. It's similar to Sony's bullshit list that cites GoW4 being announced, even though the game is probably only 6 months into development.
What I'm saying is that microsoft has a lot of first party games in development right now and that this thread isn't made for console wars.

If you want to know about my opinions on the leak, you can read some of my other posts in the thread. I made the exact same point about ryse 2 that you did.

Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)

As I said in the other thread, this could quite possibly be the greatest game of all time.

I want to believe!

Synless

So you're saying the list with the Last Guardian slated for 2014 is the one that is more likely to happen?

Yes please.
The Last Guardian being completed is more believable to me, yes. In fact, out of all the rumors I have seen for both systems, that one is one of the more believable ones.

funkypie

Banned
Doesn't make any sense the devision being lead on xbone. So ms paying ubi to make the ps4 worse to look as bad as xbone.

Misterx: Impressed with the list. But it can be fake. We will found it out in next days. There is no fire without smoke and the wording in this list about great visuals is inline with Xbox One true power.

It sounds like the Xbox One needs to meet Old Kai to unleash its "true power"

OldKaiUnlocking.png

CoG

At least Nintendo has no press conference so we can't expect a thread with a fake leaked rundown of their conference.

Missing: "Lights go down. Silhouetted figure takes the stage. Lights go to his shoes which are displayed the the giant screen. Pan up. It's J Allard. 'The colony returns'"

This seems much more believable than sony's leaked conference.

-The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.

Platinum is a piece of hot pie now apparently.

-343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.

I'm not even a big halo fan and this sounds amazing. Halo 2 was my favorite out of all the ones I've played (1/2/3/ODST/Reach).

Pit

Give me halo 2 anniversary with the E3 demo level and that is worth it. That demo got me all kinds of hyped back in the day.

Same with the Sony 'leak'. 70 - 80% could be quite possible but then the idiot who writes these lists pushes things just a few steps too far.

meptrep

Just going to assume this is fake. Xbone becoming the lead platform for The Division? No way. A 3rd person, action adventure Perfect Dark? No.

If this list is true then damn, my Xbox One will get a lot of play time this year !

I like the Phantom Dust and Platinum Game rumor... i hope it's true.

big_z

And Xbox one being thr lead platform on the division is any better? Ps4 ll
Ist was silly too but Xbox obr list is just crazy

it probably wont be released this year. if xbox became lead platform it could be directx12 related. Microsoft and ubisoft could use it as a showcase new d12 effects or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom