• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Microsoft E3 Conference Details Leaked (Ryse 2, Epic exclusive, FH2, more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakn3Dfx

The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)

Seems+legit+Norton.gif

Raven77

So you're saying the list with the Last Guardian slated for 2014 is the one that is more likely to happen?

Yes, yes it is.

The Last Guardian is confirmed, multiple times over the past few years AND recently to still be in development. A late 2014 release is actually not far fetched at all.

It is not vapor-ware, it is not cancelled, as per Sony themselves, it is still going to get released. Since it's been in development for several years, saying it might release at some point in the next 6-7 months is not that unrealistic.

This Xbox leak list though, it seems pretty fake. Samaratin exclusive, they don't even develop for other companies anymore. Perfect Dark going third person?

Oh shit, didn't see the divison being xbone lead platform blurb.

That's pure fanboy drivel.

Halo 2 Anniversary edition still seems extremely likely.

Super fake, but I do expect MS conference to be about as lackluster and predictable as this list.

The only surprise in any of this would be Battletoads and Perfect Dark. Then again, I'm not sure Rare, in its current state, would be able to do these right. Perfect Dark becoming a Uncharted clone would be terrible.

Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.

Welp, that would be me buying an XBO.

Saty

It's a blogspot. Kinda sad that it's spread far enough that someone from 343 even needs to bother responding.
Unrelated to this: let's say you are someone in the know that would like to leak info about a certain game, what are your standards exactly of where that info should be hosted if the person doesn't want to contact a news site?

teiresias

This is such a fake list because if it was close to truth it would be pretty damn dull.

Also, I look forward to laughing at anyone that takes MS money to remain exclusive on an also-ran console, particularly in the WW install base race.

It's probably easier to make assets for the resolution the XB1 can handle and then upgrade the resolution for PS4 then to do it the other way around. Basically . . . gimping.

Lucifon

Oh come on now!

Random Blog with only one post and no source whatsoever?

It's been posted as an image plenty of times from another source, this blogger just took that image and wrote it all out, and frustratingly OP has potentially given them clicks...

Already believed to be fake, I mean the Forza Horizon Missisips bit gives it away. I'm sure some stuff will be correct such as Halo 2 Anniversary which we all know is coming.

KOHIPEET

Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.

That's not true. The game looks pretty good, but nothing even close to that CGI trailer..so I think it's safe to say this list is fake.

prwxv3

This is such a fake list because if it was close to truth it would be pretty damn dull.

Also, I look forward to laughing at anyone that takes MS money to remain exclusive on an also-ran console, particularly in the WW install base race.

It makes sense for devs that need work badly like Platinum and mist walker.

Lets hope it´s true. A good friend of mine at Crytek insisted there would never be a Ryse 2 or 3 since MS bought all the rights to hold it exclusive and Crytek had no intention to make another one just for one platform.

All that would sell me on an Xbox One, that's for sure. I mean, de-facto Viewtiful Joe 3? Shiiiit, gamechanger right there.

...Too bad they included Battletoads and Phantom Dust otherwise I may actually have believed this

Axass

While that isn't likely, I can see rare working on a "core" game next. People have been pretty vocal when it comes to criticizing rare working on kinect related games since it first came out. And microsoft knows they need a lot more first party games now.

Rares ips are definitely going to get dug into this gen.
Fact is people have been pretty vocal for years, nothing changed though. The only Rare IP they dug up wasn't even developed by Rare (KI), was it? Also out of all the IP Rare owns they chose Battletoads for the list. It's preposterous.

It makes sense for devs that need work badly like Platinum and mist walker.

Mistwalker just does game design though.

It's honestly probably a better deal to go straight to the development studios like Silicon, Platinum or FROM and fund their games, instead of going through them and having to link them up with a development house.

jschreier

Unrelated to this: let's say you are someone in the know that would like to leak info about a certain game, what are your standards exactly of where that info should be hosted if the person doesn't want to contact a news site?
Well, this isn't info about a certain game--it's a list of bulletpoints filled with information about a number of different games. Not a lot of people would have access to information like this, and really, when has a list of bulletpoints like this ever been true?

But to answer your question... if you want to leak something, and you want people to believe it, your best bet is to use an intermediary that can both verify you and protect your anonymity. That's why people who want to share information traditionally go to news sites like Kotaku, but if the leaker doesn't trust news sites, they could always use a site like GAF. Worked for ntkrnl.

Alternatively, if you're gonna leak something on your blogspot, you'll need a lot more than fanboy wishlists if you really want people to take you seriously. (Though considering how far that DualShockers rumor has spread, apparently people will take anything seriously.)

Nzyme32

Xbox One as the lead platform for the division would probably produce some of the greatest threads on the massive downgrade from their previous e3 trailer and later engine demo. While another click bait e3 theory, I would love to see it

That shit sounds bananas.

I have my doubts, like the Epic exclusive being based off Samaritan TD (yeah-ok.gif) but with that bank account they're sporting, its nowhere close to impossible. Improbable, maybe.

Thats kinda scary.

ArjanN

Personally I think it looks fake because it would be far too interesting.

Platinum + Crackdown + Battletoads + Perfect Dark + Phantom Dust + Fallout 4, etc.

Just because he threw in some stuff that was already rumored doesn't make it a realistic list.

Elixist

the new Zelda will be shown: said to be a mix of Dark Souls and Ocarina of Time, Interwoven open world, pick between Zelda, LInk, or Tingle all with their own movesets and places in the environment only they can make it too (think metroid). Challenging gameplay, spend money with different trainers to learn new combat skills, abilities, sword swings etc. Gorgeous graphics(way beyond the tech demo), day night cycle, loot is different versions of master swords, bows etc. Over 100 unique monsters to defeat and 15 incredibly deep dungeons, puzzles are said to blow away previous titles in the series. Developed by Retro coming September 2014.

Sentenza

Don't worry I'm sure someone will also whip up a fake Nintendo E3 leak list in the next week or so.

I can already imagine small snippets:

- "A sequel to Mario Galaxy will release in Autumn"
- "Three major Zelda games in the work for Wii U, and each one of them is supposed to be bigger than OoT and TP combined"
- "Majora's Mask is the main inspiration"
- "Two new Metroid in development, a 2D game releasing in September and a new Prime expected for the first quarter of 2015"

and so on.

daman824

Fact is people have been pretty vocal for years, nothing changed though. The only Rare IP they dug up wasn't even developed by Rare (KI), was it?
Well ki was an interesting case. Microsoft let a lot of developers pitch an idea for a killer instinct reboot. Double helix sent them an incredibly bare bones version of what we have today, and ms thought it was the best way to go.

And this is different. Microsoft is losing. They aren't spending half of their e3 conference on kinect anymore. Rare might still be working on a few kinect games every once in a while. But they are either going to have a team that works on some new core games, or their ips are going to be used by other studios for the xb1.

Rare has some real gems. Banjo (if done correctly) is a grade A franchise. Viva pinata and battletoads are also franchises that I could easily see new games being released in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom