• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft Looking For Developer To Bring Back Project Gotham Racing

mrklaw

MrArseFace
this thread makes me sad at how many great racing games MS had and threw away.

PGR, RSC, Midtown Madness. All great games. Fuck, midtown madness was ahead of its time online-wise. With current online it'd be amazing.

Prine

Banned
The only revival of a racing franchise i want to hear of is Rallisport.

Why did they let this one slide? (pun intended) I prefer it to every racing game released over the last couple of years :(

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TheOddOne said:
Its been a MS ip since they bought it from Sega (Metropolis Street Racer became PGR).

Ryan Davis said on one of the recent Giant Bombcasts that Bizarre had kept the IP and kept it purposefully on the down low... maybe I misheard it? Maybe HE misheard it. D:

Prine said:
The only revival of a racing franchise i want to hear of is Rallisport.

Why did they let this one slide? (pun intended) I prefer it to every racing game released over the last couple of years :(

Because they didn't sell very well. Microsoft were happy to give the brand away though and I remember once they even... I should stop there :D

I hope if there is a PGR5 it is done right. PGR4 was one of the most stylistic racers in presentation and had a legendary (electronic portion of it) soundtrack. The visuals and rain/snow effects were also very clean and shockingly amazing for the time, and even still.

HungryHorace

Neo Member
Fairly dubious about this rumour but if it is true then it's for the next generation. MS aren't going to invest in such a packed genre at this point of the 360's life but they could be making sure they've got the staples covered for launch with a flashy and accessible title.

Edit: Just realised this was from Develop & is therefore most probably true.

Top Bottom