• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Warcraft title incoming?

roytheone

I want a Warcraft 4 so bad.

It won't happen, but god would I love it.

I think that now that the StarCraft II trilogy is finally complete, they will start to work on Warcraft IV. It will happen, eventually, but it will probably take quite some time.

zeox

Also: Didn't some High Res Icons pop up a while back that pointed to a WC3 remake?

I think those were tied to Starcraft 2, as they ported some units over from wc3 so people could use them in custom games. I could be totally wrong on this though

Rosur

Warcraft 1-3 HD announced with release date then also Warcraft 4 announced being in development (as Starcraft 2 is now done)?

Seems like a no brainier really. You would have to think blizzard would want something to take advantage of the movie releasing next year. I know they have hearthstone and WoW but it would be great timing for something new in that universe.

Xiaoki

Would be hilarious if this was just an official announcement for Chinese WoW: Legion.

Make a big announcement about it so they can get Chinese players interested in WoW again because most of WoWs lost subscribers have been from China.

ekim

Let's go a little bit crazy here:
Considering the movie next year, it's a story driven single-player 3rd person hack&slash like Rune, Die By The Sword and Severance. (original twist: it's open world)

Well the Dragonball reference could be this:

1. WoW
2. The Burning Crusade
3. Wrath of the Lich King
4. Cataclysm
5. Mists of Pandaria
6. Warlords of Draenor
7. Legion

Let's go a little bit crazy here:
Considering the movie next year, it's a story driven single-player 3rd person hack&slash like Rune, Die By The Sword and Severance. (original twist: it's open world)

Game of Warcraft
play it on your phone!
Well the Dragonball reference could be this:

1. WoW
2. The Burning Crusade
3. Wrath of the Lich King
4. Cataclysm
5. Mists of Pandaria
6. Warlords of Draenor
7. Legion

Seven playable races in WC4.
Believe.

Chillz0r

Banned
The movie is going to be based on the first Warcraft sortof, and since they retconned the shit out of the first 2 games for the sake of WoW, a remake of those is the most logical thing. They could even have the film actors dub the ingame characters and stuff.

I very much doubt its W4 unfortunately :(

ekim

The movie is going to be based on the first Warcraft sortof, and since they retconned the shit out of the first 2 games for the sake of WoW, a remake of those is the most logical thing. They could even have the film actors dub the ingame characters and stuff.

I very much doubt its W4 unfortunately :(

Well a WC1 remake is probably the same amount of work as a WC4 (sans the story). I doubt they keep the "select only one unit at a time" and so on.

Sölf

As much as I want Warcraft IV, I don't see an announcement until 2-3 years after SC 2 has been released and finished. And then at least another 2 years until release. So most likely WC 1-3 remastered or something similar.

HowZatOZ

Banned
'I am back' can very easily be attributed to Illidian's return in Legion. I highly doubt a Warcraft is actually being made, as much as it hurts to say that.

Well, it's not going to be a completely new RTS when Legacy of the Void isn't even out yet. I'd be down for some kind of Warcraft Trilogy Remake though.

Ushay

I would really like to see a single player Warcraft RPG. Something like WoW with a party and pausing like Dragon Age. Or maybe some kind of Devil May Cry type of game where you play as people like Sylvanas and Thrall.
Now that would be very, very cool.

ayob

i would like a warcraft 3 remake that's expanded on

For example: Game 1: Warcraft 3 Remake (includes tft)
Expansion 1: All the Lore from WoW expansion's
Expansion 2: New Lore released along side the final WoW expansion

Xyphie

I wonder what happened to the game Mike Booth was directing a Blizzard. He left earlier this Summer because it "wasn't a good fit" after working there for about 2 years.

it's made to run on near decade old PCs and very CPU intensive, it uses lockstep sync, there's a limit to observer slots,...

Just out of curiosity, are there any RTS games with Starcraft-esque scale that don't use a lockstep simulation? Non-determinism seems like it would be incredibly messy in such scenarios.

zoukka

Can't be Warcraft IV with the Starcraft expansion right around the corner...

But I want it to be... oh so bad.

Skunkers

Top Bottom