• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Warcraft title incoming?

Serious question: what do you think Blizzard's next Warcraft related game will be? WoW 2? A game in a totally different genre?

I can completely imagine them abandoning the RTS portion of the franchise (Starcraft AND Warcraft is simply too much RTS for this marketplace from a single company), but I cannot imagine them letting the Warcraft universe they have going on just sort of dwindle away. New Warcraft related stuff will be coming.

Well smaller deals like Hearthstone have been succesful for Blizzard, I wonder if they are interested in reviving something like WarCraft adventures given the success of Telltale's stuff.

But yes, even if they abandon RTS there is zero chance they will abandon WarCraft as a whole. Also they need something to push the movie with and there's no way Legion is out by then.

Serious question: what do you think Blizzard's next Warcraft related game will be? WoW 2? A game in a totally different genre?

I can completely imagine them abandoning the RTS portion of the franchise (Starcraft AND Warcraft is simply too much RTS for this marketplace from a single company), but I cannot imagine them letting the Warcraft universe they have going on just sort of dwindle away. New Warcraft related stuff will be coming.

HotS (the second one. Ugh, Blizzard.) has already revealed their plans: they'll use the Blizzard multiverse for their future titles, indirectly drawing on WoW's popularity and playerbase. This way they can continue to ride WoW's unforeseen success without tainting it, which is really the best they can hope for; WoW-like success will only strike once.

Since they've already gone after the MOBA, TF2, and CCG markets, it would seem that some more mobile games would be the next step. Afterwards they'll probably have a free-to-play MMO lined up that isn't Titan. And by that point they'll be in heavy decline due to WoW's decaying success and their future won't matter much.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I'm expecting a Warcraft 3 remaster and some kind of third person action multiplayer game that's like WoW Battlegrounds, but not an MMO combat system.

Warcraft 4 isn't impossible, but the RTS team has 120+ people on Heroes indefinitely.

I just think Blizzard will continue to be very f2p though which is what my reaction to the post was getting at.

Wish it was a remake of Warcraft I-III and WoW into a singular more cohesive story. Remake maybe certain WC parts with WoW considered; maybe exclude or revise certain WoW parts that perhaps were more gameplay than story decisions.

...More than anything, I really have no interest in post-WoW story, and basically just want to replay WC2 and WC3 with better graphics and upgrade gameplay haha maybe some new sort of overarching 4X strategy stuff that links all the maps and chapters who knows, just a revisit to WC2 and especially the Human and Undead chapters on WC2... damn those were awesome. I miss Doomhammer and Arthur... and classic Zul'jin elf-farm-raiding Metzen-drawn forest trolls.... can't stand Thrall, Varian, and Voljin.

spend a few games or expansions building up the SP (and RTS/MOBA MP) of Warcraft and again and maybe it'll be fresh in a way that makes it prime for a MMO again, make a WoW 2.0 in a decade to 'explore it' during the 'honeymoon' phase again ;p

Top Bottom