• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Wii U controller (analog sticks)?

KillGore

Wind Waker, for all its flaws, is still probably - pound for pound - the best looking game ever made. The fact that it still looks as good as it does, even after all this time, is just astounding.

I'm hoping Nintendo will announce Wind Waker 3D in E3, hopefully for fall 2012

D-Pad

please, no more.

Forever more!

fvZTyl.jpg

If Nintendo releases a true LttP II for the Wii U day one, I'd day one the system but thats not happenin. Best bet is 3DS.

I can't see them making big franchise 2D games for the home console.

They have New Super Mario Brothers again but besides that, I see all the 2D throwbacks(if there are them) hitting the 3DS as you said.

They also had Donkey Kong Country Returns I suppose but I don't foresee a Wii U 2D Zelda or Metroid ever.

Vinci

Danish
i like them, but i want new artstyles. majora's mask, twilight princess, wind waker, and skyward sword all have their own distinct style.

I never suggested that I wanted the Wind Waker art style in another Zelda game. A StarTropics revival, it might be good though. Or a new IP. I just think it's a very clean, charming art style that will still be attractive for years to come.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
- Comparing a controller with a self-contained tablet is disingenuous. Much more so when it seems like people forget or choose to forget that WiiU is not just about the controller but also the main machine itself.

- It seems like there are people who will feel okay with companies bleeding and folding over in order to satisfy their admittedly egocentric wants and needs which are unrealistic/unfeasible in the first place. Sure, I am also hoping that all cars can fly and strapped with turbo jet engines that can zip around with the speed of light since it is so fuckingly awesome, but that is such an unrealistic worldview it just boggles my mind.

- The state of gaming is directly related to the financial of the entities supporting it, like publishers, developers, hardware makers, etc etc. To say that these are disconnected to one another and those entities should just chase unrealistic goals with reckless abandon will result--if the entities are indeed adopting it as per the request of the "super hardcore"--in them bleeding money and the industry collapsing and then the environment of which "gamers" enjoy themselves will be gone or reduced to something that caters to just an insignificant number of people. Fucking hell it seems like people are just blind or something and refuse to see the realities of the current gen all around them.

- Goddamn I am extremely glad that my eyes are not prone to be bleeding when they view pixels and resolution that are not bleeding edge,

Both games had very colorful art, but unlike OoT, Majora's Mask's art used solid black for many shadows, a look I find very appealing in general.

Since we have shaders and all that jazz, we can actually use them to create those little artistic nuances, which would be cool.

How this pertains to the Wii U controller, well, I don't know. :p

This thread is a waste of space when we also have a speculation thread....

New news for new threads. And this is pretty big news, so yeah.

Nibel

This thread is a waste of space when we also have a speculation thread....

Not everybody reads the spec thread and that the new controller design leaked before E3 is pretty huge news

Also, just to see people like ClovingSteam getting crazy about things they don't understand was worth a thread

Yeah, I've had my fill. That art style - after TWW, FS, FSA, TMC, PH, and ST - is a little played out.

I'm inclined to agree, although I would love to have Wind Waker in HD. I wouldn't mind a more traditional anime-styled Zelda in cel shading, though. Something more akin to the DBZ fighters than Wind Waker would probably go over well.

Mistle

9jxUf.jpg

7tDfZ.jpg

Majora's Mask had some darker promotional art. It didn't really transfer into the game itself since it shared the engine/assets with OOT.
Considering the OoT remake was based off promo art, I'd LOVE if a MM remake was based off its promo art. But that means lot of the game would need a complete redesign, as opposed to just upgraded like OoT:3D. Sadly if MM was remade, they'd probably just borrow assets from OoT:3D just as they did for the original.

Majora's Mask had some darker promotional art. It didn't really transfer into the game itself since it shared the engine/assets with OOT.
Actually the game had an improved engine with redone assets (the newer engine supported larger textures), so they could have given the game a darker art style had they wanted.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
In topic: I prefer the E3 2011 layout. I'm not sure that this version will be ergonomic because it's wider, and the analogs are too high. also the back, I'd prefer it flat.
The only revision I would like to see is related to the triggers, and it's the only one missing.

Wait just a dern minute...

You mean those patent drawings with the handles that everyone was saying were the pre-E3 2011 design just a few weeks ago...you mean that they are actually a new 2012 design?

HALLELUJAH

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
For aesthetics???

I mean, I am not directly comparing it but I'd take the Gamecube controller over a Classic Controller any day.

That form fit to the hands!!!

Looking at the old e3 2011 tablet to me it seems also ergonomic, and a lot of people said it was very good. This new one seems to be too "mixed" between a pad and a tablet and the risk to me is that it will not be good in being neither one or another.
probably I'll wait to handle it with my hands before a final judgement of course :)

Looking at the old e3 2011 tablet to me it seems also ergonomic, and a lot of people said it was very good. This new one seems to be too "mixed" between a pad and a tablet and the risk to me is that it will not be good in being neither one or another.
probably I'll wait to handle it with my hands before a final judgement of course :)

Yeah, I can't tell as I never had the thing in my hands.

Not many complained that have but when I see curves and think Gamecube controller, I lose my mind in delirious exhilaration.

In topic: I prefer the E3 2011 layout. I'm not sure that this version will be ergonomic because it's wider, and the analogs are too high. also the back, I'd prefer it flat.
The only revision I would like to see is related to the triggers, and it's the only one missing.

The triggers are still only buttons then? They really need to be analog.

Mzo

Still not a huge fan of a massive controller.

If the next Zelda was already mentioned to have motion controls, will it be limited to the shitty Wiimote or are we going to swing this monster around?

Or even better, more peripherals?

Still not a huge fan of a massive controller.

If the next Zelda was already mentioned to have motion controls, will it be limited to the shitty Wiimote or are we going to swing this monster around?

Or even better, more peripherals?
You jelly wiimote enabled the SS to have the best sword fighting of all Zelda games, and almost all other games?

Top Bottom