[RUMOR/NOT CONFIRMED] Assassin's Creed Empire (Egypt setting) screenshot leaked

Jun 16, 2014
Jun 28, 2012
I always think Ubisoft leak themself to generate discution just before revealing the game they are working on.

Also I love egypt so I might check it out.

May 4, 2014
Although we don't know for sure what color Ancient Egyptians were, that's lighter skin than I would have liked. Obviously it's hard to judge much from this screenshot, though.

Interesting that they're going more for a "warrior" appearance, too.

May 14, 2015
Can be Egypt setting, but also looks like it could be Greek. Maybe putting "egypt setting" in the title was a mistake. :p
Could be 'the ancient world' in general perhaps? So Greece, the near East, Egypt, so on. Given the naming conventions of the precursors that would kinda make sense for a connection, while nevertheless retaining the ability to be set primarily in Egypt. That or it's set in Ptolemaic Egypt, rather than just 'Ancient Egypt' in one of the dozens of numbered dynasties.

Also is it me, or does that shield have a prototype of the Assassin's Brotherhood symbol?

Jun 16, 2014
Could be 'the ancient world' in general perhaps? So Greece, the near East, Egypt, so on. Given the naming conventions of the precursors that would kinda make sense for a connection, while nevertheless retaining the ability to be set primarily in Egypt. That or it's set in Ptolemaic Egypt, rather than just 'Ancient Egypt' in one of the dozens of numbered dynasties.

Also is it me, or does that shield have a prototype of the Assassin's Brotherhood symbol?
It could have greek origin set on egypt due to the shield looking like a greek shield.

Nov 2, 2013
Should be getting a reveal within the next two months or so I'd assume. They used to always reveal AC games in the Spring before. But maybe they'll just wait until E3 because of the hiatus.

Jun 16, 2014
My "analysis":

Shield looks like it's of Greek origin, location of the screenshot by looking at the text on the bottom is Giza, Egypt.
Could be the entrance to one of the pyramids. The icon on top kinda looks like a pharaoh sarcophage.