• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Posted?
http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-gpu-power-rumors-debunked-by-insider/

Here is what multiple sources close to Nintendo are telling me about 10k’s hardware rumors: The gimmick is made up. GPU is wrong. Power level is wrong.” “The specs on NX are good, but a lot of the information being shared in this thread is incorrect.

I was told that NX has good specs, but the info in this thread on the GPU and power level is just not correct. Sorry to burst everyone’s hype.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
That's what 10ks source said, so just speculating on that. I don't think something with fiji origins that is cut down and using gddr5 or ddr4 instead of hbm, with added polaris features, is out of the question.
Fiji, by definition, is the top-of-the-line GCN 1.2. The cards based on Fiji start from 175W and go for $600 and then some. Why on earth would you want to start with something like that and then 'cut down'? I mean, it's not like there are not smaller GCN 1.2 chips like Tonga.

I don't check this thread for a few days, and I'm completely lost

tumblr_m935gfyYzp1r0orgpo1_500.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We need a whiteboard

OK.

YUJjHBj.jpg

Here's a depiction of what the NX could look like.

I've included 4 Ks, a port, a card slot and polaroid since that's what people claim it will have. Also based on some blueprints I found when rummaging through Kimishima's bins.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is how did 10k get the info on the ports before Emily backed it up? Was that reported elsewhere before either got to it?

Joqu

I was asked to post it here https://zhugeex.com/nx/
ZhugeEX's thoughts on these rumors 10k has been reporting on
rip thread?

I's disappointing how 10k took someone's tweet and passed it off as a source, that part is not okay.

However most of that is exactly what I assumed 10k was doing and I thought you guys were approaching it the same way?

He's been fairly transparent regarding that. The one source he's been adamant about himself is clearly that one dev. It's not like he's lying about that. The others aren't nearly as trustworthy because they aren't developers.

ZOONAMI

Fiji, by definition, is the top-of-the-line GCN 1.2. The cards based on Fiji start from 175W and go for $600 and then some. Why on earth would you want to start with something like that and then 'cut down'? I mean, it's not like there are not smaller GCN 1.2 chips like Tonga.

The Nano is $499, and consumes as little as 10-12 watts at idle. But given new reports on 10ks sourcing, yeah doubtful fiji is involved at all. But was just speculating based on the fiji comment.

Joqu

Like seriously, I'm happy to go along with these rumours too, but you were putting way too much stock into them if you're "burned" by that blog post.

georly

OK.

YUJjHBj.jpg

I've included 4 Ks, a port, a card slot and polaroid since that's what people claim it will have. Also based on some blueprints I found when rummaging through Kimishima's bins.

Never change, bg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'd try to tell you guys. Red flags were a flying. And that being verified my mods means jack.

Getting verified by mods 100% helps a lot and it has been a trustworthy thing up to now: you're verified if you give good proofs. Otherwise, bish-hammer! But 10k didn't get the full verification process. Nirolak explained as such earlier in the thread

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The only thing that doesn't make sense is how did 10k get the info on the ports before Emily backed it up? Was that reported elsewhere before either got to it?

Zelda and SSB are already confirmed from other sources. SMM and Splatoon can never come because 10k source is covered. It can always be that "they weren't able to move the current install base". Luigi's Mansion 3 was also previously rumoured.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The Nano is $499, and consumes as little as 10-12 watts at idle. But given new reports on 10ks sourcing, yeah doubtful fiji is involved at all. But was just speculating based on the fiji comment.
Ok, it's not $600, it's $500 - that must be our Fiji. And the NX will be running a Fiji at idle.

Gaf, you can do better.

Zelda and SSB are already confirmed from other sources. SMM and Splatoon can never come because 10k source is covered.

Regardless of the rumors validity and what games will ultimately release, the timing of those rumors are what don't make sense given what we now know of 10k's vetting process.

The mere fact that Emily came out with the same rumor like 20 minutes after 10k is making me wonder where 10k got that information from originally

Neiteio

OK.

YUJjHBj.jpg

Haha, this makes the thread worthwhile :-3

Oddduck

She said there were four ports -- including Smash Bros and Zelda -- 4 days before 10k posted.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200534324&postcount=3731

How do we know 10k didn't just make an educated guess on what those four games were? She gave a ton of hints on what those games were.

She said there were four ports 4 days before 10k posted.

How do we know 10k didn't just make an educated guess on what those four games were? She gave a ton of hints on what those games were.

She didn't disclose the titles though until after 10k did afaik.

But if she did, then that really is the deathkneel in all of 10k's leaks (he could have just filled in the blanks too--wouldn't be surprised given what we know)

Rodin

Well that's unfortunate, but explains the craziness of stuff like Polaris, 14nm, PS4K ballpark, etc.

Still, there is the fact that Emily Rogers didn't debunk the first batch of rumor, so (like zhuge said as well) it's not necessarily all bullshit.

I think Emily said there were 4 before 10k posted.

Yes, a lot earlier.

She said there were four ports -- including Smash Bros and Zelda -- 4 days before 10k posted.

This.

Yeah it's not impossible. I mean, i got 4/4 tooM it wasn't exactly super hard. But maybe he just heard that directly from Emily.

To be fair the Smash port leaked forever ago

And honestly with the WiiUs legacy... Ports of the flagship games were an easy peasy prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom