• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

If true I just wonder how long this has been in place. Matsuyama and Kimura were still talking like they were behind the project as of last years TGS.

Ra1den

duffyside said:
This would explain why Rising disappeared, and why it's taking so long.

And kudos to whoever made this decision if true. Kamiya is this generation's Miyamoto, meaning the best damn game developer out there.

Would also explain why Quinton Flynn hasn't heard a damn thing yet. Well, it wouldn't explain why they are ignoring him altogether (real classy, Konami).

Nirolak said:
So, since Raiden's voice actor has no clue what's going with the game, I'm going to assume that Raiden is now voiced by Nolan North doing the Drake voice.

pAxFG.jpg

I'd laugh.

The whole game could be a giant troll.

Instro

Nirolak said:
So, since Raiden's voice actor has no clue what's going with the game, I'm going to assume that Raiden is now voiced by Nolan North doing the Drake voice.

That would be perfect.

LQX said:
So they would pass on 360 ports for Steam where they would most likely not see a big of a return? That does not make business sense so I don't buy it. I think they would cut as much shit from MGS4 before going with Steam over 360.
If they're doing a re-release of the series for the PC, expect if for the consoles as well.

Angry Fork

Ceebs said:
Spy hat of snake hair + bandana. I mean he has the cigarettes already.
I'd pay money for this class set. No doubt about it. I've never bought anything from the TF2 store but i'd make an exception for some MGS stuff.

Scum said:
Not if NeoGAF Detectives have anything to say about it...
Gaf detectives:

Challenge_accepted_Meme_Faces-s400x300-156975.jpg

daffy

Banned
Maybe Raiden will just be a silent protagonist, like Viewtiful Joe

If he's talked before I can't remember it

feel

Can't stay mad at Kojima for long, afterall, he delivered fucking MGS3 after MGS2, maybe he can do the same thing again, so I'm excited about the next main MGS part, I hope it's true. Please huge emphasis in deep sneaking gameplay and with an almost completely separate self-contained bearable story in a single location/region.

EXGN

Hype + 10 for Rising if true. 3DS MGS6 (PW=5) can sod off though - they better not limit the scope of the game to fit on that platform.

Woffls

Woah.

I hope MGS5 is either set before MGS4, or doesn't involve Snake. If it's the latter, then I assume they'll drop 'Solid' from the title, but then I thought they'd do that with Rising.

And MGS4 on Steam means achievements :D ruh roh!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Steam thing seems mighty suspect.

The rest I could believe, though.

These batshit ridiculous rumors are getting me amped up for E3, though. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
I believe in you TTP... MG4 on PC will be sweet, hopefully MGO gets dedicated servers :O

It will. But you'll need a Konami ID.

/joke

Jeez, remember that shit?

Don

Woffls said:
Woah.

I hope MGS5 is either set before MGS4, or doesn't involve Snake. If it's the latter, then I assume they'll drop 'Solid' from the title, but then I thought they'd do that with Rising.

And MGS4 on Steam means achievements :D ruh roh!
The 'Solid' part of the title has nothing to do with Solid Snake really.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 had Solid Snake as the protagonist while not having 'Solid' in the title, and MGS3, MGS: Portable Ops and MGS: Peace Walker didn't involve Solid Snake.

strem

Patriotsbball5460 said:
Wow. Would explain Kojima's tweets and also severely undermines the progress that the successors to Kojima had hoped to make when beginning Rising. Basically shows the lack of faith Konami had in the team. Kojima leaving Konami soon?
Kojima to Square to head up FFVII remake?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Cwarrior said:
Hope thats's not true, it's like someone toke a shit(kojima) in my sweet platnium cake
It's like someone took a shit in my English.

I bet Platinum would love to work on a game that sells beyond expectations for a change.

Grayman

huh PC ports eh? Excitement will depend on how much effort is put into that. MGO if actually remade could be interesting.

Patriotsbball5460 said:
Wow. Would explain Kojima's tweets

Yeesh. The tweets that he just made earlier this week? Come on - you can't cancel a game and then announce a new version from a different developer a week and a half later.

Zeliard

opticalmace said:
As someone who has never played Bayonetta can someone tell me why this is awesome news?

Bayonetta has one of the greatest combat systems you will find in any game, ever. Just superb, superb gameplay.

If true, hype for Rising just went +100000000000000000000

Kamiya + Ninja Raiden = Instant Classic.

Zeliard said:
Bayonetta has one of the greatest combat systems you will find in any game, ever. Just superb, superb gameplay.

Aside from also being one of the best bang for you buck singleplayer action games EVER.

Top Bottom