• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondorfo

This is fake guys, because From Software said they would make a spiritual sequel to Shadow Tower Abyss or a new Kings Field.

So.. how does Kadokawa influence this? Isnt Kadokawa a Japanese publisher? Would they really let Sony publish and co-develope a game? I know that this started way before the purchase but then.. is it safe to say that this'll be the only/last game From does with Sony?

This was in the works long before. As soon as Dark Souls was done.

Pop

2333540_o.gif

HYPE!

Odrion

Banned
If this is real then From did indeed became a one trick pony.
FROM makes Mech games and Fantasy games. Those are their tricks. They've been doing those two tricks since the PSX era.

Don't worry, they'll be making anime dating RPGs soon enough.

CamHostage

There is never a reason to make a game exclusive, unless it is completely made by Sony, M$ or Nintendo. From Software isn't owned by any of those three companies, I have no idea why they are making another exclusive game. They are shitting on the people that buy their games, but have either PCs or Xboxes. E

Man, I'm confused by you... why use the derogatory "M$" (by the way, everybody, please stop) when you seem to be wanting this game on a Microsoft machine?

But whatever the case, if From Software sees financial benefit in making this or whatever game for a particular platform (particularly if, as is rumored, Sony is the publisher; From sometimes publishes its own stuff but also often contracts work) then it makes perfect sense for the game to be exclusive. It's getting harder and harder for that to be the case, but when it is (as somebody pointed out, Monster Hunter is another case, Titanfall was financially motivated to make it the case, République is exclusive to iPhone... and by the way, shame on Fromsoft for shitting on the people that buy their games but only have either Androids or iPads, right?), then that's how it is.

dugdug

Banned
Simultaneously hyped and cautious.

I want DeS2 more than anything, but, I'm cautious at those screenshots after the Dark Souls 2 mess.

FourMyle

Fuck yes GUNS

That is perfect. I want to shoot those hideous beasts in the face with some ancient flintlocks and muskets!

JB2448

Hm, first thing on my radar that'll make me consider getting a PS4 down the line. If it's real (looking like it at this point), it'll definitely be great. E3's going to be pretty damn good this year.

Asd202

Yep works at Sony

"TGS will be a Beast of a show"

oh so this is most likely a TGS reveal and not an E3 reveal then

That was posted in June 2013. It clearly meant TGS 2013. It's safe to say that the reveal got pushed not to coincide with Dark Souls 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom