• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

These games don't sell that much in Japan mang.

PS4 needs a steady flow of games before it starts selling well. At least a couple of notable games first.

150k-200k is rarity for a modern console title in Japan. You couldn't expect Tales or FF numbers since FromSoft is smaller company, but they do have strong follower for their games.

Soriku

Yeah?

I thought Souls games did pretty well there

Dark Souls 2 only sold 325k+.

150k-200k is rarity for a modern console title in Japan. You couldn't expect Tales or FF numbers since FromSoft is smaller company, but they do have strong follower for their games.

True, they do pretty well generally, but I'm just responding to his notion that a Souls game will save PS4 in Japan. It needs a lot more than a Souls game.

AnnTiPa

I wonder if this means there's no hope for a Dark Souls 2 PS4 port. I believe people were guessing that with all the comments about the new engine being made with the new consoles in mind there's a good chance it's coming sooner or later but I guess this might be the reason to invest heavily into a new engine?

it will be a whole different beast

wonT6q5.png

My god

Reg

Banned
I'm out of the loop, so is this ps4 exclusive? And is this possibly the spiritual successor to Demon Souls?

There is no way we are getting trailers for both this and The Last Guardian at E3.

It's kind of a "waste" of an ace in the hole to burn both cards at the same time.

...right?
Sony must curbstomp Microsoft with a swift and painful vengeance at E3
no mercy and all
i wanna see blood damit

Souls does 350k.

It has potential to grow imo. Dragons Dogma for reference did 600k+

FloatOn

This will be the game to get me to buy a ps4.

I still haven't played demon souls yet. I'm a scrubby dark souls 1 + 2 guy at the moment :/

zma1013

There is no way we are getting trailers for both this and The Last Guardian at E3.

It's kind of a "waste" of an ace in the hole to burn both cards at the same time.

...right?

Ahaha, we won't get Last Guardian reveal this year, or next, or the one after that.

Xpliskin

Just read what has to be 1/4 of a thread in /v . God ... .

Found a screen with different brightness, we actually see the character in the candles area:
1399053450720.jpg

PranooY

Woah, this thread is blowing up.
Really excited.
But kinda sad too, since this would have been an amazing reveal at E3.

impact

Banned

Didn't Dark Souls 2 outsell the last 2 console FF games though? People are getting smarter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just read what has to be 1/4 of a thread in /v . God ... .

Found a screen with different brightness, we actually see the character in the candles area:
1399053450720.jpg

You need to turn up your monitor brightness dude, you can see this character clearly in the original picture.

ReaperXL7

Alittle off topic but I'll never figure out how people can even read 4Chan...it's really confusing to me.

I think it's safe to say E3 just got a lot more interesting, but Im going to say that Sony won't show it at the presser because they don't want to cut out time for wonderbook.

Timeaisis

Wow, this really does look next gen Dark Souls-y. I know this is from /v/ but do we know the source on this? Insider, perhaps?

It seems really, really early for a pre-E3 leak. We're still well over a month out.

MilkBeard

Graphical style reminds me a lot of Dark Souls 1...everything looks really bleak, and is tinted with a dark gold/green look.

Those screenshots look really cool. And if Sony's Japan Studio is helping....

I hope this is legit.

Shengar

True, they do pretty well generally, but I'm just responding to his notion that a Souls game will save PS4 in Japan. It needs a lot more than a Souls game.

It's not something that could save Ps4 single handedly, but it could move units more than any title PS4 having in Japan currently.

Souls does 350k.

It has potential to grow imo. Dragons Dogma for reference did 600k+
Yeah, I lowered the number because I fear looking like a fool for overestimation. Looks what I did just now just underestimate it :p

And yet, despite the big number for a fuckin new IP, Capcom doesn't have the plan to release a sequel.

ViviOggi

Looks great, fingers crossed that this is a From-only IP.

And with that I'm out, two pages of this console wars shit were more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom