Rumor: PS5 devkits ~ 13 TFLOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_justJEFF

Neo Member
Mar 21, 2017
Wasn’t there a Cerny interview where he actually gave the specs or was I dreaming that
Talked about hardware, but it was vague and never gave "hard numbers" aka FLOPS and stuff. Speculations/Leaks have been rampant since... kind of exciting, but also kinda just want a reveal already :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Reactions: PharaoTutAnchAmun

Aceofspades

Mar 31, 2015
If true it would be one hell of a machine. any Anaconda gains over this would be marginal. eg. 13 TF vs 14.2

unlike DF claims of 8TF vs 12.3TF

Reactions: demigod

Bryank75

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
13 Tflops would be ideal, xbox wouldn't have much space to maneuver in terms of power. You're talking about 1 tflop at most, maybe half a tflop. Then we don't know if Xbox has a ssd / memory streaming solution anywhere near as fast as PS5...

Most of all I'm excited to see Sony wws games on this system. Horizon is already apparently insane looking.

Jun 9, 2012
Positive news if true. Although I’m more interested in whether there is any kind of raytracing or other special purpose hardware (AI inferencing?)

Also please keep the fanboy stuff out of it. We have a couple rumors about PS5 specs and basically nothing about Xbox. Can we please hold off on the dick-waving stuff for a little longer?

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ and Gamernyc78

Dabaus

Apr 23, 2018
Sorry to burst Benji's bubble. But he will have to remove Insomniac's name from his tweet. They're not going to be making PS5 games at all in the very near future
Honk Honk amirite?

Edit: For the first time in their nearly 20 year existence insomniac has a franchise that easily reaches 10 million (spiderman) working with sony. Theyre going to throw that all away so they can work on a sequel sunset over drive which probably struggled to reach 1 million? Yeah makes sense.

Last edited:

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
nice i wonder how much flappies the new xbox will get ..
when some dudes stated that one would be even bettah

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
13 Tflops dev kits ?

So 10 Tflops max for the retail version...
I never read GPU power is different from Retail and Devkit.

It is RAM amount that is different.

PS4 DEV KIT

• Runs Orbis OS
  • CPU: Bulldozer 8-core, 1.6 Ghz
  • Graphics Card: R10 with special BIOS
  • RAM: 8 GB (system memory)
  • BD Drive
  • HDD: 2.5 ” 160 GB
  • Network Controller
  • Custom South Bridge allows access to controller prototypes

Read more http://vgleaks.com/orbis-devkits-roadmaptypes/

Last edited:

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
MS only buy bargain price devs though?
Wasn’t Rare fairly high budget? That aside, They had the money to buy off Minecraft, halo and gears, let alone developers.

But I digress, I doubt Insomniac would allow themselves to be fully bought by any publisher.

DrNeroCF

Jun 28, 2012
www.bornegames.com
I never take dev kit specs as a good indication of actual power.
When has a dev kit ever been less powerful than released hardware? Dev kits usually have more ram for debugging, I've only heard of early dev kits being worse.

Not to mention, these are mostly generic PC parts now (360 kits were G5 Mac Pros and ran terribly), why would they not use extremely similar parts? Main difference, I would bet, would be unoptimized or buggy system code.

Last edited:

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
I never read GPU power is different from Retail and Devkit.

It is RAM amount that is different.
I was about to say, weren’t the dev specs for ps4 and xbo pretty spot on aside from the ps4’s RAM?

I remember the xbo using a titan for demoing at e3 but that seemed more like a, well a demo, than a dev kit. Hell, the xbo even got a boost from the final dev kits to launch (1.23TFlop to 1.32)

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
So 12.9TFlop, a release expected around holiday 2020. Around 3x faster than the pro and 2x faster than the X

If we get a steep price drop on the Pro and ps4 (I’m talking $199 and $299) I can see this launching around $399, but I’m not holding my breath. I still suspect a potential $499 considering the SSD they want to use.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So 12.9TFlop, a release expected around holiday 2020. Around 3x faster than the pro and 2x faster than the X

If we get a steep price drop on the Pro and ps4 (I’m talking $199 and $299) I can see this launching around $399, but I’m not holding my breath. I still suspect a potential $499 considering the SSD they want to use.
It’s going to be more than 2 to 3 times those systems based on the CPU and memory bandwidth, as well as the NVME/SSD or whatever their internal hyper flash devs will have in every box.

Reactions: Chozofication_

McCheese

Jan 7, 2018
Sorry to burst Benji's bubble. But he will have to remove Insomniac's name from his tweet. They're not going to be making PS5 games at all in the very near future
Hold the phone, what?! I just asked a friend who works there about this, he's not heard anything about a buy-out.

As for the topic, 13TF sounds insane today but if this thing is as far out as some are starting to suspect, could add up. No way a 13TF is releasing this year given the power draw and heat the current AMD offerings would require to achieve that.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Jan 7, 2018
Xbox One X dev kit has 6.6Tflops where as the retail has 6Tflops. Basically it has the 4 extra CU’s that are disabled on the retail kit.

If we were to take that as an example and assume 1.8Ghz gpu speed then it’s about 0.92Tflops difference aka ~12.1Tflops

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
It’s going to be more than 2 to 3 times those systems based on the CPU and memory bandwidth, as well as the NVME/SSD or whatever their internal hyper flash devs will have in every box.
I was specifically referring to the gpu side, but yeah I expect a marginal increase in speed on the cpu side + bandwidth. I’m curious to see how it plays out in practice, the X may have bragged about being the fastest system yet, but the OS still lags quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.