• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PS5 devkits ~ 13 TFLOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

onQ123

ow3kd1hl.png

he deleted the tweet but someone screen captured the tweet

Edit: can a mod fix the thread title? I somehow left out the 'F' in TFLOPS

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
If true it would be one hell of a machine. any Anaconda gains over this would be marginal. eg. 13 TF vs 14.2

unlike DF claims of 8TF vs 12.3TF

Bryank75

Banned
13 Tflops would be ideal, xbox wouldn't have much space to maneuver in terms of power. You're talking about 1 tflop at most, maybe half a tflop. Then we don't know if Xbox has a ssd / memory streaming solution anywhere near as fast as PS5...

Most of all I'm excited to see Sony wws games on this system. Horizon is already apparently insane looking.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Positive news if true. Although I’m more interested in whether there is any kind of raytracing or other special purpose hardware (AI inferencing?)

Also please keep the fanboy stuff out of it. We have a couple rumors about PS5 specs and basically nothing about Xbox. Can we please hold off on the dick-waving stuff for a little longer?

Virex

Banned
Sorry to burst Benji's bubble. But he will have to remove Insomniac's name from his tweet. They're not going to be making PS5 games at all in the very near future

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Someone needs to make a graph of flops per rumor and rumor date.
At least the rumors have been sort of consistent.

Dabaus

Banned
Sorry to burst Benji's bubble. But he will have to remove Insomniac's name from his tweet. They're not going to be making PS5 games at all in the very near future
Honk Honk amirite?

Edit: For the first time in their nearly 20 year existence insomniac has a franchise that easily reaches 10 million (spiderman) working with sony. Theyre going to throw that all away so they can work on a sequel sunset over drive which probably struggled to reach 1 million? Yeah makes sense.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
nice i wonder how much flappies the new xbox will get ..
when some dudes stated that one would be even bettah

ethomaz

Banned
13 Tflops dev kits ?

So 10 Tflops max for the retail version...
I never read GPU power is different from Retail and Devkit.

It is RAM amount that is different.

PS4 DEV KIT

• Runs Orbis OS
  • CPU: Bulldozer 8-core, 1.6 Ghz
  • Graphics Card: R10 with special BIOS
  • RAM: 8 GB (system memory)
  • BD Drive
  • HDD: 2.5 ” 160 GB
  • Network Controller
  • Custom South Bridge allows access to controller prototypes

Read more http://vgleaks.com/orbis-devkits-roadmaptypes/

Last edited:

DrNeroCF

I never take dev kit specs as a good indication of actual power.

When has a dev kit ever been less powerful than released hardware? Dev kits usually have more ram for debugging, I've only heard of early dev kits being worse.

Not to mention, these are mostly generic PC parts now (360 kits were G5 Mac Pros and ran terribly), why would they not use extremely similar parts? Main difference, I would bet, would be unoptimized or buggy system code.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I never read GPU power is different from Retail and Devkit.

It is RAM amount that is different.
I was about to say, weren’t the dev specs for ps4 and xbo pretty spot on aside from the ps4’s RAM?

I remember the xbo using a titan for demoing at e3 but that seemed more like a, well a demo, than a dev kit. Hell, the xbo even got a boost from the final dev kits to launch (1.23TFlop to 1.32)

Codes 208

So 12.9TFlop, a release expected around holiday 2020. Around 3x faster than the pro and 2x faster than the X

If we get a steep price drop on the Pro and ps4 (I’m talking $199 and $299) I can see this launching around $399, but I’m not holding my breath. I still suspect a potential $499 considering the SSD they want to use.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So 12.9TFlop, a release expected around holiday 2020. Around 3x faster than the pro and 2x faster than the X

If we get a steep price drop on the Pro and ps4 (I’m talking $199 and $299) I can see this launching around $399, but I’m not holding my breath. I still suspect a potential $499 considering the SSD they want to use.

It’s going to be more than 2 to 3 times those systems based on the CPU and memory bandwidth, as well as the NVME/SSD or whatever their internal hyper flash devs will have in every box.

McCheese

Hold the phone, what?! I just asked a friend who works there about this, he's not heard anything about a buy-out.

As for the topic, 13TF sounds insane today but if this thing is as far out as some are starting to suspect, could add up. No way a 13TF is releasing this year given the power draw and heat the current AMD offerings would require to achieve that.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Xbox One X dev kit has 6.6Tflops where as the retail has 6Tflops. Basically it has the 4 extra CU’s that are disabled on the retail kit.

If we were to take that as an example and assume 1.8Ghz gpu speed then it’s about 0.92Tflops difference aka ~12.1Tflops

Virex

Banned
Hold the phone, what?! I just asked a friend who works there about this, he's not heard anything about a buy-out.
Neither did employees at InXile or Obsidian. But I might be joking and I might not be joking.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It’s going to be more than 2 to 3 times those systems based on the CPU and memory bandwidth, as well as the NVME/SSD or whatever their internal hyper flash devs will have in every box.
I was specifically referring to the gpu side, but yeah I expect a marginal increase in speed on the cpu side + bandwidth. I’m curious to see how it plays out in practice, the X may have bragged about being the fastest system yet, but the OS still lags quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom