• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Quantum Break delayed to early 2016

cakely

Release it when it's done. The world doesn't need another AC:Unity or Halo:MCC.

I feel like I just said this in another thread.

So this is yet another game that was announced way too early to generate goodwill with the hardcore crowd and early adopters :-/

People could always just not early adopt until games they care about are released, and not get worked over by the marketing hype machine.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pretty surprising, but Remedy Time I guess?

Kinda expecting Uncharted to go the same way. Makes the Tomb Raider decision make a lot more sense for MS, but then a lot less for SE and CD since they would have had this entire year to corner the third person adventurer space.

RyudBoy

That's fine. Way too many games coming out this year that I'm looking forward to.

Just make it good, that's all I ask.

Call me skeptical, but I don't believe it. Then again, negative sounding xbox one rumors have a tendency to take on a life of their own, so in the eyes of many I guess this is now a confirmed fact.

GlamFM

Banned
What a shock.

Perhaps seeing how the Order got treated had them worried?

I'm not being entirely serious of course, but when you're making a cinematic corridor shooter at a time when such games are being shit on left and right, I could see how putting some distance out there might be tempting.

How is QB a corridor shooter?

831fed82a85437a7c7c47a373d3141b042593d8db8d7fd174207724f486426bf.jpg

Someone should just post this anytime an anticipated game is delayed.

Which is false but whatever.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Eh. They have Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Fable Legends and Forza 6 this year(and possibly more). I won't be too upset.
Yeah, MS delaying stuff into early 2016 is a good thing. Their exclusive lineup early this year is barren, they need to spread things out more.

glaurung

Sad when true. One of those original games I bought the Xbox One for.
It's mostly been shit so far.

Is there any info about Scalebound's release?

eFKac

Phil Spencer said that they have too much content for the Holiday season anyway, so it's probably just a strategic delay to spread out the games :-D

Don't kill me Xbox fans, I feel for you this year

TomShoe

Banned
Call me skeptical, but I don't believe it. Then again, negative sounding xbox one rumors have a tendency to take on a life of their own, so in the eyes of many I guess this is now a confirmed fact.

Eh. We haven't heard anything from them in months, so there was reason to be suspicious.

Yeah, MS delaying stuff into early 2016 is a good thing. Their exclusive lineup early this year is barren, they need to spread things out more.

Agreed. Microsoft always tends to stack most of their releases around the holidays, leaving the rest of the year barren. I kind of want to make a thread about it.

I'm pretty sure there was a video interview not too long ago with Sam Lake saying the game will come out this year, so anyone wondering if there was a release window mentioned that can make this a delay, then yes there was.

I'm a believe in delaying games if necessary but come on. Were they barely starting on it when they announced it? MS really needs to stop showing things off this early. Same applies to the CGI trio they trotted out last E3.

I seriously hope Halo 5 is amazing unlike the recent dogshit we've gotten.

If the beta is anything to go By, 343 is just going to run it even more into the ground. The whole time I was playing just made me feel like going back to Cod or Destiny. Good thing the MCC has been working pretty reliably lately

I wouldn't mind, so many games coming after September, this way MS could have big game outside of holiday season. I support this rumor.

Footos22

I hope Scalebound gets announced for this year at E3 because quite honestly the only games i was looking forward to on xbox were qb, tomb raider and halo 5 (sorta)

Probably wont be getting much use until the fall then. Oh well.
Suppose bloodborne will see me through a good few months.

glaurung

I hope Scalebound gets announced for this year at E3 because quite honestly the only games i was looking forward to on xbox were qb, tomb raider and halo 5 (sorta)

Probably wont be getting much use until the fall then. Oh well.
Suppose bloodborne will see me through a good few months.
Don't forget Crackdown. If they don't fuck that one up, they've got a proper system seller.

Top Bottom