• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Quantum Break delayed to early 2016

Oh well, fall is packed anyways.

We say this every year, and yet half the games that aren't GTA/CoD/Assassin's Creed/NBA 2k will get delayed to the following spring. It's like clockwork. It's generally safe to add 6 months to any game whose release date isn't set in stone by marketing.

Yoday

It wouldn't surprise me if this is true considering how quiet they have been about it lately. I guess it's just going to be Tomb Raider and maybe Forza 6 on the XB1 for me this year.

To be honest, i'm not surprised at all. Not only Remedy take a lot of time to make a game but there's Halo 5 coming and i'm sure MS wants as much attention as possible for Halo 5, it'll be their big game for holiday 2015.

+ probably a couple of un-announced games coming that we wont know about until E3.

Fall is always "packed" until half of the games get delayed into next year. It happens every single year.

Seriously, I'm tired of hearing that bs.

paxromana

Banned
On the bright side, the Fall period is already full of awesome titles. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Forza Motorosport 6, The Division (hopefully), and maybe a few more announced at E3 and releasing the following quarter (Gears of War collection?)

Majine

Banned
XBOs exclusive lineup this year isn't looking as interesting as last year if true. Forza 6, Halo 5 will probably be good but they are known quantities.

Call me skeptical, but I don't believe it. Then again, negative sounding xbox one rumors have a tendency to take on a life of their own, so in the eyes of many I guess this is now a confirmed fact.

lol!

Why? Rushed games can easily be fixed with DLC and patches. It no longer applies.

depends on how badly it's rushed. Bioware couldn't (or wouldn't) fix dragon age 2 after release because the entire game's design was fucked.

You can fix a few bugs after release, yeah, but it's rare that a developer will go in and patch much else.

On the bright side, the Fall period is already full of awesome titles. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Forza Motorosport 6, The Division (hopefully), and maybe a few more announced at E3 and releasing the following quarter (Gears of War 3 collection?)

I'm quite sure The Division will be delayed as well.

TomShoe

Banned
Which is false but whatever.

Video_Game_Cover_-_The_Last_of_Us.jpg

ok sure

On the bright side, the Fall period is already full of awesome titles. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Forza Motorosport 6, The Division (hopefully), and maybe a few more announced at E3 and releasing the following quarter (Gears of War 3 collection?)

The fall period isn't an issue. The issue is that for the next 6 months MS has nothing. They can't go 9 months without a single worthwhile exclusive like this.

Take as long as you need.

That said, 2015 is looking pretty barren for AAA Xbox One exclusives. Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza 6, right? I suppose Scalebound or something else could get bumped up.

RoKKeR

Can't say I'm too surprised. Too much coming out this fall anyways, give them time to make it as good as possible.

Chobel

XBOs exclusive lineup this year isn't looking as interesting as last year if true. Forza 6, Halo 5 will probably be good but they are known quantities.

They also Gears of War collection and Rise of Tomb Rider, and maybe Scalebound.

For all of those saying Tomb Raider is for sure coming out this year, have we seen a single second of gameplay?

The previous one was supposed to come out in Fall of 2012 and got delayed into 2013. I could see it happening again with the sequel.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
To be honest, while the game has a appealing visual style, the actual mechanics didn't really grab me. Better deliver a good product then rush it out.

I had the same with this game. Visuals looked ok, not mindblowing, and the gameplay that i saw was just "Mehhh", not really interesting.

Betty

Banned
Are they still trying to tie in a live action tv show into this? Seems really complicated.

At the end of each episode of the game you'll be given a choice that will reflect in the show, and then the show will inform you on how the game progresses... or something.

Floridian

All my most anticipated games of the year end up delayed one way or another. Sad that I won't be surprised if it does get pushed to 2016.

If it's anything like Alan Wake it'll come out in 2017, be a bit disappointing and you will hate every character in the game.

The combat looks cool though.

Top Bottom